Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Increasing chaos and unrest in amusement parks

Here in Cincinnati, King's Island is becoming a very unsafe place to take your kids. Used to be a great, family-friendly place and now it's getting so bad that many season ticket holders want refunds. Large groups of unsupervised kids jumping line, terrorizing folks in the pickup area and parking lot in general.

Check out some of the comments with this video for others first hand experiences. One mentioned you can't even go camping anymore because bikes, etc., get stolen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oIb2PFUkMI

The boards at my beloved OC is another example.

Really getting scary. where can you safely take the family these days for a good time???? Outer space????

Re: Increasing chaos and unrest in amusement parks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    Here in Cincinnati, King's Island is becoming a very unsafe place to take your kids. Used to be a great, family-friendly place and now it's getting so bad that many season ticket holders want refunds. Large groups of unsupervised kids jumping line, terrorizing folks in the pickup area and parking lot in general.

Check out some of the comments with this video for others first hand experiences. One mentioned you can't even go camping anymore because bikes, etc., get stolen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oIb2PFUkMI

Really getting scary. where can you safely take the family these days for a good time???? Outer space????
    Get a boat. It’s a long way away before the gov is giving away enough money for the rifraff to afford boats.

Most amusement parks are trash and have been for decades. I remember even as a kid in late 70's and early 80's thinking Kings Dominion was filled with mostly riff raff and black and white trash. I remember in the early 80s being in line at Kings Dominion and my friend was staring at this red eyed Charles Manson white trash meth head Jesus looking muther and the guy caught him staring and was like "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU LOOKING AT!!!" My friend was like "Me? Nothing man!", about 5 octaves higher than normal. Ha ha. Then another time my Dad and I were in line for the King Cobra and he somehow he ended up in a seat next to this Nappy headed black girl that reeked of BO and had copious amounts of underarm hair. She and her girlfriends behind her were screaming and chattering at each other like my Dad wasn't there. My Dad is this bald, pasty IBM guy ha ha. I remember laughing to myself about it.

I remember over 20 years ago there were fights and shootings at the old Wet and Wild park in PG county, which is now Danny Schneiders 6 Flags. It seems like that place I think calmed down and got better over the years.

The gold standard is still Disney which has a high barrier to entry due to the price. I've seen weirdos there before myself but not many. Some really white trashy guy asked me to borrow my cellphone once. Seemed like he was scamming. I forget how I handled it. It was unnerving. Disney is the type of place that as a customer would let you use a phone if you asked them. My father and law had his golf clubs stolen from his car in the Disney parking lot about 10 years ago. Cops actually found them at a pawn shop. So even Disney has it's issues.

Bottom line, amusement parks have never been nice. I have never seen much trouble in Rehoboth on the boardwalk or at Funland for what it's worth.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 07-21-2021 at 08:59 AM.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Most amusement parks are trash and have been for decades. I remember even as a kid in late 70's and early 80's thinking Kings Dominion was filled with mostly riff raff and black and white trash. I remember in the early 80s being in line at Kings Dominion and my friend was staring at this red eyed Charles Manson white trash meth head Jesus looking muther and the guy caught him staring and was like "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU LOOKING AT!!!" My friend was like "Me? Nothing man!", about 5 octaves higher than normal. Ha ha. Then another time my Dad and I were in line for the King Cobra and he somehow he ended up in a seat next to this Nappy headed black girl that reeked of BO and had copious amounts of underarm hair. She and her girlfriends behind her were screaming and chattering at each other like my Dad wasn't there. My Dad is this bald, pasty IBM guy ha ha. I remember laughing to myself about it.

I remember over 20 years ago there were fights and shootings at the old Wet and Wild park in PG county, which is now Danny Schneiders 6 Flags. It seems like that place I think calmed down and got better over the years.

The gold standard is still Disney which has a high barrier to entry due to the price. I've seen weirdos there before myself but not many. Some really white trashy guy asked me to borrow my cellphone once. Seemed like he was scamming. I forget how I handled it. It was unnerving. Disney is the type of place that as a customer would let you use a phone if you asked them. My father and law had his golf clubs stolen from his car in the Disney parking lot about 10 years ago. Cops actually found them at a pawn shop. So even Disney has it's issues.

Bottom line, amusement parks have never been nice. I have never seen much trouble in Rehoboth on the boardwalk or at Funland for what it's worth.
    King's Dominion must be a lot different than King's Island. Up until recently, KI's crowd was really well-behaved and our overall experience there was great, more similar to Disney. Never any cutting in line, fighting, etc. Maybe because it's located in a white flight area of Cincinnati, around an hour north of the hood. That's what is troubling about what's been happening there lately.. You could always go to KI and not have to worry about letting your older kids be on their own for a few hours. It's depressing.

We've been to Disney World many times and even there.....................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8ooAES0cEg Bizarre time at The Magic Kingdom.

I agree with Vlad about boating, but am not going to run out and buy one. I'd rather give my boat buds gas money when when I want to water ski or go fishing.

We're skiiers, and so far, that experience has stayed pretty civilized. Hopefully that won't change.

Blog Entries

Exactly. I haven't been to one since 2006. Even if I had kids now I would find another outlet.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Get a boat. It’s a long way away before the gov is giving away enough money for the rifraff to afford boats.
    This one made me lol.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Plus Rehoboth has Dogfish Head.

King's Dominion must be a lot different than King's Island. Up until recently, KI's crowd was really well-behaved and our overall experience there was great, more similar to Disney. Never any cutting in line, fighting, etc. Maybe because it's located in a white flight area of Cincinnati, around an hour north of the hood. That's what is troubling about what's been happening there lately.. You could always go to KI and not have to worry about letting your older kids be on their own for a few hours. It's depressing.

We've been to Disney World many times and even there.....................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8ooAES0cEg Bizarre time at The Magic Kingdom.

I agree with Vlad about boating, but am not going to run out and buy one. I'd rather give my boat buds gas money when when I want to water ski or go fishing.

We're skiiers, and so far, that experience has stayed pretty civilized. Hopefully that won't change.
    There were some drunk dudes last time I was there. Probably like 20 years ago at this point, but they were more hilarious than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Plus Rehoboth has Dogfish Head.

If you are in Rehoboth and want something really good.... go anywhere and ask for a Reach Around.....

Ha ha. Actually, don't do that precisely. You're likely to get one.

However if you want a beer that blows Dogfishhead away, you can get a beer by the Mispillion Brewery in Milford called "Reach Around" pale ale.

It's the best Pale Ale I've ever had. They have another one called "Not today, Satan" that's pretty good too. Reach Around is better though.

I will be in Dewey Beach for 2 weeks starting mid August and plan on spending one day at the Mispillion Brewery in Milford.

Blog Entries

If you are in Rehoboth and want something really good.... go anywhere and ask for a Reach Around.....

Ha ha. Actually, don't do that precisely. You're likely to get one.

However if you want a beer that blows Dogfishhead away, you can get a beer by the Mispillion Brewery in Milford called "Reach Around" pale ale.

It's the best Pale Ale I've ever had. They have another one called "Not today, Satan" that's pretty good too. Reach Around is better though.

I will be in Dewey Beach for 2 weeks starting mid August and plan on spending one day at the Mispillion Brewery in Milford.
    Go down to Burley Oak in Berlin, MD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Dewey Beer opened another location in Harbeson, south of Milton. I'd heard of their beer before just hadn't tried it. Pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Exactly. I haven't been to one since 2006. Even if I had kids now I would find another outlet.
    So it's settled. We are all buying boats. We can meet up in the middle of the Chesapeake for Ravens games and form a giant flotilla. The giant flat screen will be mounted on Camdenyard's boat.