Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob Ryan

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Re: Rob Ryan

Wonder what Rob can do with Queen...

@jeffzrebiec: Ravens have hired ex-Texans DC Anthony Weaver, a former second round draft pick of team, to coach their DL and be run game defensive coordinator, as @diannaESPN first reported. Weaver, a popular and well-liked player during his time in Baltimore, replaces Joe Cullen.

Blog Entries

I like it. Wink has several openings now to fill, get some variety in here.

Ravens former DL Anthony Weaver joins as well. Dude has some experience

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Reach out to the Goat! Bring Reed in as DB coach. Or reach out to Prime Time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chartman View Post
    I seem to remember Rob Ryan's last stint being the DC for the Bills before McDermott took over as coach and he was awful. I like the Weaver hire a lot, Rob Ryan I am definitely a bit more reserved on.
    I don't think anyone is suggesting that Rob take over the whole show, he obviously struggled as DC with the Saints, Cowboys and Bills, but he should be a great assistant.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would bring down the house!

Love the Weaver hire. He could be DC down the road if anyone is smart enough to hire Wink

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Cool Re: Rob Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    I don't think anyone is suggesting that Rob take over the whole show, he obviously struggled as DC with the Saints, Cowboys and Bills, but he should be a great assistant.
    I always think of Rob Ryan as an awful DC who kept getting chances and screwing NFL Defenses up.

I know far less than anyone here about the abilities of Defensive coaches so can someone tell me why they think this guy would be any better as a position coach since he was so bad as a DC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    I always think of Rob Ryan as an awful DC who kept getting chances and screwing NFL Defenses up.

I know far less than anyone here about the abilities of Defensive coaches so can someone tell me why they think this guy would be any better as a position coach since he was so bad as a DC.
    I would trust anyone that Harbaugh and Wink bring in on the defensive side. Offense - maybe not so much. But they've a proven history of quality defensive coaches and play so I give them the benefit of the doubt there.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

UGH. Not on board with this AT ALL.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    I guess I'm looking at these hires a bit differently. Moreso in the case that let's say Wink leaves to be an HC next year. Either Rob or Weaver would likely be the next man up. I'd much prefer Weaver over Rob to be the heir apparent to Wink and Rob being part of the team muddies that water. I guess it's a wait and see approach to who the next DC would be if Wink left. I think Cullen or Macdonald would have been the choice if he left this year and Ryan and Weaver (who took their positions) will likely be the choice next year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post

A position coach is more about individual focus and development and less about scheme. Rob Ryan always seems like a rah rah guy so I have some hope that this could work. I'm assuming Wink signed off on this and they aren't sticking him with a guy who he has an issue with. If that's the case then I have no problem with Rob working with that young group we have at ILB

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Reed is "Chief of Staff" at the U of Miami. I think the Ravens could bring him over. He's tight with the Ryans too.

Pass on Deion.

If not Reed, I'm on board with giving Eric Weddle a call.