Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Re: Torrey Smith Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    #Beta

Blog Entries

Cena sucks.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Cena sucks.
    Lets Go Cena LOL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    You don't want to accept that Flacco isn't elite, oh I have no problem admitting that Harbaugh has screwed some things up and that the talent isn't great. I also have no problem admitting that Joe has sucked 3 out the last 4 years and it's partly on him. I used to think just like you Hbg about Joe then things changed, he's not the same QB at this point anymore. He can rise again if they sign Pryor, Garcon or Marshall, I believe he will comeback with a vengeance or he needs to comeback like that.
    You HOPE he comes back like that because the Ravens have handcuffed themselves to him and they need him to elevate his game in order to succeed. Will it happen? Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    You HOPE he comes back like that because the Ravens have handcuffed themselves to him and they need him to elevate his game in order to succeed. Will it happen? Who knows?
    Well that's up to him and the team giving him the help he needs.

Blog Entries

Now Scott Hall was where it was at.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Well, certainly not advocating it or saying it's going to happen, but the answer to that question mostly depends on the Ravens' present evaluation of Perriman. Same skill set, yes. But, the question to be answered by them is do they think Perriman will develop into what Torrey can provide?
    If you look at Perriman's stats from this past year and he is already providing what Torrey did in his best years. The difference is that Torrey was the only game in town when he was here. He played 97% of the offensive snaps. The Ravens last year had Steve Smith and Wallace this past year. Wallace and Perriman have a similar skill set. Perriman had 33 Receptions for 500 yards with 3 TDs while only playing 47% of the snaps. If you doubled his snaps his stats would be 66 receptions with 1000 yards and 6 TDs. That puts him right in the same productivity range of Torrey. It was his first year after in the NFL after missing his entire rookie season. 50% catch ratio is about the same as Torrey. I don't thin anyone would disagree that Perriman has a higher ceiling.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    If you look at Perriman's stats from this past year and he is already providing what Torrey did in his best years. The difference is that Torrey was the only game in town when he was here. He played 97% of the offensive snaps. The Ravens last year had Steve Smith and Wallace this past year. Wallace and Perriman have a similar skill set. Perriman had 33 Receptions for 500 yards with 3 TDs while only playing 47% of the snaps. If you doubled his snaps his stats would be 66 receptions with 1000 yards and 6 TDs. That puts him right in the same productivity range of Torrey. It was his first year after in the NFL after missing his entire rookie season. 50% catch ratio is about the same as Torrey. I don't thin anyone would disagree that Perriman has a higher ceiling.
    This is why the whole Torrey discussion shouldn't even be a thing. Perriman can already do what Torrey does, and he's a young player on a rookie deal with a much higher ceiling.

It doesn't make sense at all to me to even entertain the idea of resigning Torrey. If they sign him at a bargain bin price, it's not bad. But even that, do we need another 1 trick pony with drop issues? I'm really tired of receivers like that. I want guys who can run routes and catch the damn ball in traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Unless a bonafide #1 steps into 1WD between today and the opener, anything less than 110-120 targets (~7-8 per game) to Perriman is gross incompetence and professional maleficence.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Unless a bonafide #1 steps into 1WD between today and the opener, anything less than 110-120 targets (~7-8 per game) to Perriman is gross incompetence and professional maleficence.
    lol damn BPR

I agree...he needs to be force fed the ball now that he has a year under his belt to see what he's really got.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I agree...he needs to be force fed the ball now that he has a year under his belt to see what he's really got.