Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Hold the Fort...L.J. that is

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Especially the play where he stopped Wilson man on man in the open field. If he bounces off Wilson or misses there that play goes for who knows how many yards.
    As that play was happening I was thinking "A guy signed off the street trying to tackle Russell Wilson in the open field, not a chance." Then he made the perfect tackle.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Fort was a street free agent, sitting by the phone, hoping some team would call.

He shows up here, barely off the bus, probably borrowing someone else's jersey and drawing his name on it with a magic marker, and asking for the cliffs notes of the playbook because he's never seen it and the game starts in 45 minutes and...

He plays his ASS off!

And Ravens fans everywhere are like, wait -- what? Who is that LB who keeps tackling people? Is this a new thing?!

It's weird how a guy who does that well for us would be overlooked by 31 other teams. Fingers crossed but Fort seems like a hidden gem.

Especially the play where he stopped Wilson man on man in the open field. If he bounces off Wilson or misses there that play goes for who knows how many yards.
    Maybe it's just because Lamar makes everybody else look like they're running in slow motion but .. Wilson really didn't look fast today.

Fort has been very solid though. We've really done a nice job replacing the dregs on D with guys who are hungry and performing. Just get Jimmy Smith back and acquire a pass rusher and we are cooking with fire boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    It's weird how a guy who does that well for us would be overlooked by 31 other teams. Fingers crossed but Fort seems like a hidden gem.
    Transactions

Transaction, fine, and suspension data since 2015

September 27, 2019: Philadelphia Eagles cut LB L.J. Fort.

March 14, 2019: Philadelphia Eagles signed LB L.J. Fort to a three-year, $10 million contract.

September 23, 2017: Pittsburgh Steelers activated LB L.J. Fort from the practice squad.

September 13, 2017: Pittsburgh Steelers added LB L.J. Fort to the practice squad.

September 12, 2017: Pittsburgh Steelers cut LB L.J. Fort.

November 15, 2016: Pittsburgh Steelers signed LB L.J. Fort.

November 14, 2016: Pittsburgh Steelers cut LB L.J. Fort.

November 12, 2016: Pittsburgh Steelers waived LB L.J. Fort.

December 28, 2015: Pittsburgh Steelers activated LB L.J. Fort from the practice squad.

September 7, 2015: Pittsburgh Steelers added LB L.J. Fort to the practice squad.

September 6, 2015: Pittsburgh Steelers cut LB L.J. Fort.

September 5, 2015: Pittsburgh Steelers waived LB L.J. Fort.

August 19, 2015: Pittsburgh Steelers acquired LB L.J. Fort off waivers from New England.

August 18, 2015: New England Patriots waived LB L.J. Fort.

August 5, 2015: New England Patriots signed LB L.J. Fort.

April 30, 2015: Cincinnati Bengals cut LB L.J. Fort.

April 29, 2015: Cincinnati Bengals waived LB L.J. Fort.

January 5, 2015: Cincinnati Bengals signed LB L.J. Fort to a Reserve/Future contract.

November 26, 2014: Cincinnati Bengals added LB L.J. Fort to the practice squad.

November 11, 2014: Seattle Seahawks removed LB L.J. Fort from the practice squad.

November 6, 2014: Seattle Seahawks added LB L.J. Fort to the practice squad.

November 5, 2014: Seattle Seahawks cut LB L.J. Fort.

November 4, 2014: Seattle Seahawks waived LB L.J. Fort.

October 29, 2014: Seattle Seahawks activated LB L.J. Fort from the practice squad.

October 21, 2014: Seattle Seahawks added LB L.J. Fort to the practice squad.

August 31, 2014: Denver Broncos cut LB L.J. Fort.

August 30, 2014: Denver Broncos waived LB L.J. Fort.

December 31, 2013: Denver Broncos signed LB L.J. Fort to a reserve/future contract.

September 1, 2013: Cleveland Browns cut LB L.J. Fort.

May 9, 2012: Cleveland Browns has been signed.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Transactions

Transaction, fine, and suspension data since 2015
    WNC, I know that many journeymen NFL players have a lot of stops along the way in their careers but that list is unreal!

It reminds me of the James Harrison story where he got cut multiple times by the Steelers and Ravens and then one day the light came on, but Fort's history of bouncing around already seems triple that.

I still can't believe what I saw today and how much better he already is than Young/Board and maybe Peanut too.

Fort was loved among Steelers fans and I thought he should've gotten more playing time with us. He played really well yesterday. It's weird that he has been cut by so many teams. He finally got his contract by the Eagles, only to be cut again half a year later. On top of that you will love it that that cut costed us our 3rd round compensatory pick for Bell, unless Moncrief is cutted before week 10.

Peanut hasn't been impressive this year at all. It's LJ Forts job to lose going forward as far as I'm concerned.

The league owes him an apology for that absolute BS roughing the passer call yesterday.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

I remember LJ Fort as the guy Lamar juked to the ground during the joint practices. Now he's balling. He's a Ravens player and I hope we keep him around for next year. Bynes too.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    The league owes him an apology for that absolute BS roughing the passer call yesterday.
    Agreed tackling a player around their feet shouldn't be a roughing the passer call.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Agreed tackling a player around their feet shouldn't be a roughing the passer call.
    Go low on a QB expect to get called regardless of the circumstance or intention.

12. Re: Hold the Fort...L.J. that is

Go low on a QB expect to get called regardless of the circumstance or intention.
    Thanks Tom (and Pollard)!
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)