Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs

Re: NBA Playoffs

Chris Webber is god awful

Close game. If the Wiz hadn't shit the bed from beyond the arc and at the line they win walking away. Gritty performance from the Pacers and Hibbert in particular, but the Wiz only can blame themselves.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

3. Re: NBA Playoffs

Wiz let em off the hook last night. Still think they got this but going up 2-0 going back to DC would've been huge. Those last 3-4 possessions or so were god awful. Wall was trying to put the team on his back and play hero ball at the end chucking up those 3's and then getting stripped on his last possession.

Blog Entries

First half is almost over and Wizards are up by 15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Wow.... Wiz really dogged this one. That's basically the series.

This is exactly why I wanted Atl to finish off the Pacers so badly at home in game 6 of their series. I knew Indy would take game 7 from the Hawks in Indy and then wake up vs the Wiz. The Hawks I knew we'd beat. The Wizards are really showing that they're not quite ready for prime time in these last 2 games.

So now the Wiz loses 3 in a row, the last 2 at home, after getting game 1 in Indy. Now Indy remembers that they are a team built on defense with one great player who has to take over in the playoffs. So that is what has happened. Indy has choked them off defensively, preferring fouling to giving up anything cheap, while they rely on the refs not calling much, which they haven't.

Meanwhile Indy shoots 3's and drives the lane at will. This is the Wizards. They can play good D at times, but can't seem to sustain it. So when they're off offensively they're screwed. These last 2 at the phone booth have been hard to take. Game 3 was just one of the most god awful playoff performances I've ever seen, and at home no less.

But in a way tonight was worse. In another home game they had to win they played a good 1st half and were up 15 at the break and then totally shit the bed and choked in the 2nd half, effectively ending the series. Indy cranked up the intensity while George took over the game and the Wiz didn't match it. I feel sorry for the fans who paid big bucks to go to these last 2 games only to be let down so badly. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted, but I'll be totally shocked if they don't get bounced out in game 5 in Indy.

Last 2 games have been excruciating.

They allow Hibbert to get away with so much it's ridiculous.

Disappointed in Wall...he's been very uneven, and probably more bad than good...and as a team, they stunk at simply shooting free throws.

I got to give it up to the Pacers...Hibbert found his grove in game 2 and the Wizards simply melted down in pressure situations. I thought we'd win in 6 and there was no way the Pacers could win 4.

I was wrong...really wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Wiz just couldn't hit anything down the stretch. Inside/Outside, didn't matter. Nothing went in. Really gave this one away and that may be more than they can recover from...

This has been the Wiz's MO all season. Kind of expected from a young team with no playoff experience but giving up a 19 point lead is inexcusable.

I don't see how they can recover from this.

10. Re: NBA Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Igotstoknow View Post
    This is exactly why I wanted Atl to finish off the Pacers so badly at home in game 6 of their series. I knew Indy would take game 7 from the Hawks in Indy and then wake up vs the Wiz. The Hawks I knew we'd beat. The Wizards are really showing that they're not quite ready for prime time in these last 2 games.
    Same here. IND wasn't the #1 seed for nothing. I'm happy the Wizards got as far as they did but they're a year away from being real serious contenders for MIA and IND. Also I hated how all the media started jumping on our bandwagon once we beat the Bulls, I think a lot of the young Wizards like Wall and Beal started buying into the hype a little too much.

Blog Entries

Wiz looking pretty good so far but still a lot of time. Need to win this one to stay alive

Lol @ Gortat outrebounding the entire Pacers squad through 3 quarters...

Looks like the Wiz will send this to a game 6 but there's still some time left for a 4th quarter collapse.