Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Maybe great was an exaggeration.

Curry is a good defender? Adequate? Lol
    adequate, imo, but debatable.
    -JAB

Re: OT - NBA Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    adequate, imo, but debatable.
    Really? I don't see that it as debateable when I watch. I see him actually giving effort which is more than I can say about Harden and AI.

I've never found myself saying "damn I wish Curry could actually play some D"
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Really? I don't see that it as debateable when I watch. I see him actually giving effort which is more than I can say about Harden and AI.

I've never found myself saying "damn I wish Curry could actually play some D"
    hence adequate. AI and harden are liabilities.

I mean debatable as to whether hes adequate or good. I dont think he really excels at defense. With Thompson and Green, he doesnt really need to either because theyll always get the better offensive players anyway. i mean most games, he matches up with the 3rd option at best, so id hope youre not saying "i wish he could defend." or id be alot more likely to call him a liability.

harden gives no shits about defense. AI tried imo, was just physically lacking ability with his weight in particular.
    -JAB

hence adequate. AI and harden are liabilities.

I mean debatable as to whether hes adequate or good. I dont think he really excels at defense. With Thompson and Green, he doesnt really need to either because theyll always get the better offensive players anyway. i mean most games, he matches up with the 3rd option at best, so id hope youre not saying "i wish he could defend." or id be alot more likely to call him a liability.
    Ah gotcha. I thought you were saying debateable as to being adaquate.

Who do you think they'll put on Westbrook? I'm assuming Klay
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Ah gotcha. I thought you were saying debateable as to being adaquate.

Who do you think they'll put on Westbrook? I'm assuming Klay
    Id assume Klay with Green on Durant mostly or Ilbaka if/when he tries to work down low. Curry will get roberson, who until recently, wasnt much of a scoring threat anyway. so I think to my point, he better look good against him or hes a lot closer to a liability than good.
    -JAB

Id assume Klay with Green on Durant mostly or Ilbaka if/when he tries to work down low. Curry will get roberson, who until recently, wasnt much of a scoring threat anyway. so I think to my point, he better look good against him or hes a lot closer to a liability than good.
    Definitely illusrates your point. Roberson isn't much of a scoring thread.

They need Waiters to shoot well when he gets in the game. Curry would also cover Waiters.

To win this series Durant and Westbrook will have to combine for 70 a game or something crazy.

They just don't have the depth scoring that GS does.
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Definitely illusrates your point. Roberson isn't much of a scoring thread.

They need Waiters to shoot well when he gets in the game. Curry would also cover Waiters.

To win this series Durant and Westbrook will have to combine for 70 a game or something crazy.

They just don't have the depth scoring that GS does.
    on paper OKC should be a better defending team than they are. Theyve done in spurts but never seem to play up to their ability consistently. Id say playing to that level defensively is bigger help than them scoring 70. at the end of the day I think theyll get theirs, they just wont get much help, so limiting warriors scoring will be key.

nobody has the depth GS has. its unreal.
    -JAB

OKC was able to dominate SA on the boards with Adams and Kanter playing together. This new 'big' lineup they've been using lately only played a combined 3 min together this season vs GS. The key will be how this lineup matches up with GS' small 'death' lineup. GS would get killed on the boards (O & D), but Kanter will get exposed on the pick & roll. It's not easy to 'out small' GS so they may need to try to bully them.
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

I loved watching that douche Bautista get rocked by Odor. Players get intentionally hit by pitches all the time. If he didn't like it he should have charged the mound. Don't wait and intentionally go after Odor's knees. That could have ended Odor's season.

As for the NBA I don't see Toronto winning a game. They just don't have the talent to compete with the Cavs. I think GS handles OKC pretty easily. Maybe OKC gets a game or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    I loved watching that douche Bautista get rocked by Odor. Players get intentionally hit by pitches all the time. If he didn't like it he should have charged the mound. Don't wait and intentionally go after Odor's knees. That could have ended Odor's season.
    Bautista is the kind of player that you'll love on your team, but hate when he's not on your team. Definitely a douche, but he hits jacks and scores runs so he's my boy. I know fans of other teams were fired up to see him get smoked and rightfully so. I dont even have a problem with the punch.

As for the slide. As per the new rules it was an illegal slide, but I still dont think it was dirty. I liked Schoenfield's take: Hard slide into second base. Code ruling: Fair play. The slide was hard and a little late and past the bag (and Justin Smoak, the batter, was ruled out on interference by Bautista), but right over the bag and he didn't slide spikes up or do anything that indicated an intent to cause injury. And considering what just happened, second baseman Rougned Odor should have been expecting a hard slide, especially since the Rangers were up only a run at the time.

You learn to slide like that to break up a double play in little league, so I dont know why people get surprised by it. Now when there is a lead with the spikes or you alter your path to intentionally get in the guys way (the Bautista slide at the start of the season that they lost the game becuase of the 2nd out is a good example) then that is where you get into issues. But this was straight over the bag, albeit past the bag.

I played 2B and Odor 100% should have been expecting that in a 1 inning game. I know I would have and I certainly wasn't an MLB player. I would have tagged the base and moved to make the throw accordingly. One could argue that with the new rule second basemen and shortstops may approach 2nd on a double player throw differently (it's now easier to make that throw), but I have a hard time believing he was sliding into his knee.

That was a standard slide into 2nd to break up a double play.
    - Ray Lewis

Bautista is the kind of player that you'll love on your team, but hate when he's not on your team. Definitely a douche, but he hits jacks and scores runs so he's my boy. I know fans of other teams were fired up to see him get smoked and rightfully so. I dont even have a problem with the punch.

As for the slide. As per the new rules it was an illegal slide, but I still dont think it was dirty. I liked Schoenfield's take: Hard slide into second base. Code ruling: Fair play. The slide was hard and a little late and past the bag (and Justin Smoak, the batter, was ruled out on interference by Bautista), but right over the bag and he didn't slide spikes up or do anything that indicated an intent to cause injury. And considering what just happened, second baseman Rougned Odor should have been expecting a hard slide, especially since the Rangers were up only a run at the time.

You learn to slide like that to break up a double play in little league, so I dont know why people get surprised by it. Now when there is a lead with the spikes or you alter your path to intentionally get in the guys way (the Bautista slide at the start of the season that they lost the game becuase of the 2nd out is a good example) then that is where you get into issues. But this was straight over the bag, albeit past the bag.

I played 2B and Odor 100% should have been expecting that in a 1 inning game. I know I would have and I certainly wasn't an MLB player. I would have tagged the base and moved to make the throw accordingly. One could argue that with the new rule second basemen and shortstops may approach 2nd on a double player throw differently (it's now easier to make that throw), but I have a hard time believing he was sliding into his knee.

That was a standard slide into 2nd to break up a double play.
    To me there was clear intent to go after Odor's knees judging by Bautista's reaction after the slide. He got up all tough and would have got dropped by Odor if Beltre didn't get in there. After the game he even said he did that to try a send a message for getting hit by the pitch. The whole situation was hilarious. You're throwing at a guy for flipping a bat. Bautista knew it was coming at some point. Go after the pitcher, or just let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    To me there was clear intent to go after Odor's knees judging by Bautista's reaction after the slide. He got up all tough and would have got dropped by Odor if Beltre didn't get in there. After the game he even said he did that to try a send a message for getting hit by the pitch. The whole situation was hilarious. You're throwing at a guy for flipping a bat. Bautista knew it was coming at some point. Go after the pitcher, or just let it go.
    I'm not convinced he was going after Odor. If he was I think he would have had his cleat up or would have been positioned differently. From my experiences playing and watching that's how you slide into 2nd to break up a double play. You overshoot it to disrupt the guy, but you don't purposely make contact with him. That play could have been so much worst if Bautista was intentional aiming for Odor. But you are right Bautista did fly up.

I don't know how good of a fighter Bautista is, but his hands went right up and he was completely unfazed by that punch, so I dont know if Odor would have dropped him.

The whole situation was bullshit. The Rangers waited till the seventh meeting of the year to get revenge. Oh and conveniently Bautista's last at-bat of the last meeting of the year.

Both teams were at fault for the whole course of actions, but the Rangers, IMO, look like a bunch of pussies, despite the Tyson-like right cross.

If you want to send a message you send it in the next game, not 7 games later of the next season at the last at-bat you're gonna see Jose for the year.
    - Ray Lewis