Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Alex Lewis at C?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    If you think Zuttah was good for this team and justified in his rank, well that's your prerogative but that seems far fetched.

Zuttah sucked.
    In all fairness, Zuttah was traded for in 2014 when Kubiak was the new OC with his ZBS
    the year before that we had Shipley/Gradkowski/Jensen

I'll give Zuttah one year of being a nice improvement to the team - 2014

Then I'll agree with the last part of your statement for sure.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    If we could add Mangold and Franklin I think we'd be solid.

TBH - I think that's almost an ugprade over last year. Wagner is better than Franklin, but I dont think it's astronomical. I do think Mangold would be an upgrade over Jeremy Turnstile.
    It's basically what I've been saying since we failed to draft any WRs. Put all remaining money into the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Ravens believe fourth-round sophomore Alex Lewis' best position is left guard.
    In a perfect world that is where Lewis would play this season, but the Ravens have questions to answer at both center and right tackle. If they sign someone like recently released G Orlando Franklin, Baltimore could move Lewis to right tackle in order to get their best five linemen on the field, but that may hurt Lewis' long-term development at his natural position. The Ravens also do not have much room under the cap to add a veteran like Franklin, C Nick Mangold, or OT Ryan Clady, so they may simply have to stick with what they have.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...515-story.html

Blog Entries

At this point they might as well try everyone but Stanley and Yanda at Center. New coach, new system and 2 less starters. Play around with things and hope that something works.

I'd love to move Lewis to C and sign franklin for guard and Dunlap for RT.

We might have some semblance of a running game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    The Ravens believe fourth-round sophomore Alex Lewis' best position is left guard.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...515-story.html
    Short and sweet but that sums it up pretty well. They have options, but bringing in a $3M vet is probably not one of them. I'd also rather not see them monkey around with Lewis and move him around but if he's up for it, it's an option. They'll figure it out, I don't think they're signing one of these free agents any time soon. Perhaps someone late in the fall will get cut.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I think we're being overly optimistic about just "Moving people to Center" Can it be done? yes. But its not madden. A 79 ovr LG isnt going to be a 78 Ovr Center.

While LT might need to be the most athletic / talented linemen, you better had a smart center that can pick up defensive alignments and adjust to blitzes and make line calls.

And no, you cant just expect your QB to do ALL of that for you. there are going to be delayed blitzes and blocking adjustments and If you miss them at Center your QB's going to look like big ben after a hang nail, and your running back is going to be fighting over the handoff with the DT

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Short and sweet but that sums it up pretty well. They have options, but bringing in a $3M vet is probably not one of them. I'd also rather not see them monkey around with Lewis and move him around but if he's up for it, it's an option. They'll figure it out, I don't think they're signing one of these free agents any time soon. Perhaps someone late in the fall will get cut.
    Alex Lewis has shown he can be a starting NFL Olineman. I like him @ LG, but if can transition to RT, I'm OK with it. Two things I think (1) whether it's LG or RT, let him stick with it and not switch him around (2) I'm not comfortable moving him to Center. I don't believe (?) he's ever played it, so experiment with someone else... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Alex Lewis has shown he can be a starting NFL Olineman. I like him @ LG, but if can transition to RT, I'm OK with it. Two things I think (1) whether it's LG or RT, let him stick with it and not switch him around (2) I'm not comfortable moving him to Center. I don't believe (?) he's ever played it, so experiment with someone else... Bc
    Yes that's kind of my point as well, although in the OP the link talks about his father's experience at center and that he taught him to snap with either hand. Not ideal IMO especially given his size

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    It's awful risky counting on a 4th round pick to start. Yes Lewis did it last year but that just goes to prove how terrible Urshal and the gang are.
    Well, it was also because Lewis was that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Stanley-Siragusa-Lewis-Yanda-Nembot/Wesley/Eluemunor is a lot of young and unproven talent but loads of upside at each position (except RG of course).
    And a lot of SIZE. Greg Roman likes to run power, and the Ravens were sick of watching Jeremy Z get pushed into the RB's lap. Or the QB's lap. This is plausible because it would be a very big O-line.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    That's not even factoring in internal improvement from the two second year guys.
    Because no one on this board thinks second-year players ever develop into starters, for some reason. Despite Rick Wagner 2014.

Having Yanda helps things. At some point our CS is going to have to be able to transition a young player to the position.

Maybe it's not Lewis but someone on the roster has to be able to play the position. We drafted a bunch of them with that idea in mind.

Gino situation kind of scares me though. That should have never happened. It makes me wonder whether or not JH can identify talent at the position. Though in fairness it's not just a problem with JH like I mentioned earlier Jason Brown probably the best center we ever had sat behind a mediocre Flynn for two years.

However, it doesn't seem to be a problem for other teams. The Steelers pick guys off the street who can play.