Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Drake London

Re: Drake London

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Yep (Wallace was a 2021 4th round draft choice), too many WRs to even think of drafting one, especially high like London... Bc
    Ask the bengals how it turned out for them. You can draft a WR. It just depends on how healthy Stanely is. If Stanley is healthy, you can draft a WR like London. I will be fully onboard.

Drake London is not on the level of Ja'Marr Chase.

Not even close to chase

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Yep (Wallace was a 2021 4th round draft choice), too many WRs to even think of drafting one, especially high like London... Bc
    Disagree Bc, this WR class is so deep you have to get one. I'm not counting on guys like Proche or Wallace. There's talent in this draft, and I think it's likely Boykin and Watkins will be shown the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Disagree Bc, this WR class is so deep you have to get one. I'm not counting on guys like Proche or Wallace. There's talent in this draft, and I think it's likely Boykin and Watkins will be shown the door.
    I agree with this now; the Ravens can easily nab another WR in Rd 3-4 though I'm starting to really like what options may be there in Rd 2.

Namely, Christian Watson, George Pickens and Alec Pierce. I don't think any of those guys are a drop off from the Rd 1 WRs.

Great point. If this is shaping up to be a historically good WR class, you need to get in on it or you will regret it when they start tearing up the league.

Blog Entries

I'm not saying don't draft one... just not too early. Keeping in mind that Duvernay may add to the Hollywood and Bateman mix. The Ravens have so many needs, at several positions, and as WNCR (wisely) wrote "London is not on the level of Ja'Marr Chase." Would you or EDC ignore an O-lineman or D-lineman or D-back or LB at the expense of a WR who may not even be as good as the ones we already have? Not I... Bc

London is no Chase, but we're not far off from complaining about wide receivers again if we don't retain Hollywood

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    London is no Chase, but we're not far off from complaining about wide receivers again if we don't retain Hollywood
    London does not need to be Jamar Chase. But London is easily the best or one of the best WRS in this draft.

I personally do not want to see a WR pick in round 1. I think the Ravens have quality depth right now.

Now in round 2 or Round 3, WR Alec Pierce is my favorite prospect. Different story I would say snatch him up at pick 76 if he is there.

Drafting another wr in the first round will stunt Duvenay development so he is never more that another Moore. One target a game and the odd wr sweep. They have invested enough drafts into the wr room. Time to develop them or get a OC who can use them better and everyone knows my feeling about that. . Right now I don’t see them needing anyone else at war in the draft. Fix the defense and fix the o line.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    Drafting another wr in the first round will stunt Duvenay development so he is never more that another Moore. One target a game and the odd wr sweep. They have invested enough drafts into the wr room. Time to develop them or get a OC who can use them better and everyone knows my feeling about that. . Right now I don’t see them needing anyone else at war in the draft. Fix the defense and fix the o line.
    The only people stunting the development of Duvernay is the coaches who are not giving him snaps.

There were a ton of snaps at WR that Boykin and Leveon Suck ass bell split out wide got last year that could have gone to Duvernay. The guy produced everytime he touched the ball, the problem was lack of touches.

Two people are responsible for that. Harbaugh and Roman.

Decosta brought in the talent, the guys steering the ship need to start using the best talent they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    If we lose Hollywood, we can just draft another WR on Day 2 next year. These days every draft has good receivers available at least into the 4th round. It's becoming a pretty replaceable position like running back used to be.