Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Rodgers

Re: Aaron Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Packers said they would franchise Davonte Adams. They would have to make a lot of moves since their cap situation is very bad but if Rodgers goes that clears up a lot of space. I believe them too. If Adams doesn't sign an extension he's going to get tagged.
    Green Bay being spiteful like the Lions with Calvin Johnson. Not a good look imo. They'd be better off to do a full rebuild on offense

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FruitPunch View Post
    Green Bay being spiteful like the Lions with Calvin Johnson. Not a good look imo. They'd be better off to do a full rebuild on offense
    They totally mishandled the Rodgers situation by wasting a draft pick on his apparent heir apparent. Rodgers is petty, but it's a bad look when an entire organization is.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    They totally mishandled the Rodgers situation by wasting a draft pick on his apparent heir apparent. Rodgers is petty, but it's a bad look when an entire organization is.
    This is true as well. If they pick almost any half decent WR there, they probably play this weekend

4. Re: Aaron Rodgers

I don't know. I have an entirely different take on that whole thing. Whether they did or didn't make a mistake drafting Love, I have no opinion. But, I think he acted like a petulant little bratty child when it did happen. Who cares? Play ball. What, does the team need his permission? LOL I know the situations weren't exactly the same, but did Flacco whine when he had Lamar and RG3 waiting in the wings? No. He's a grown man and just went out and played. It's what grownups do.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I know the situations weren't exactly the same, but did Flacco whine when he had Lamar and RG3 waiting in the wings? No. He's a grown man and just went out and played. It's what grownups do.
    Didn't Flacco have some quotes complaining about the Lamar pick? I seem to remember he did.

If Joe had as much leverage as Rodgers, with about 2/3 of the league ready to take him, his complaints might have gone a bit further. He did do his silent protests of throwing Lamar those hospital passes when he was lined up at WR and then refusing to move when he was sent out wide himself. (What a stupid idea that was.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Didn't Flacco have some quotes complaining about the Lamar pick? I seem to remember he did.

If Joe had as much leverage as Rodgers, with about 2/3 of the league ready to take him, his complaints might have gone a bit further. He did do his silent protests of throwing Lamar those hospital passes when he was lined up at WR and then refusing to move when he was sent out wide himself. (What a stupid idea that was.)
    "Hospital passes." LMAO.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I don't know. I have an entirely different take on that whole thing. Whether they did or didn't make a mistake drafting Love, I have no opinion. But, I think he acted like a petulant little bratty child when it did happen. Who cares? Play ball. What, does the team need his permission? LOL I know the situations weren't exactly the same, but did Flacco whine when he had Lamar and RG3 waiting in the wings? No. He's a grown man and just went out and played. It's what grownups do.
    In theory, yes. But that's not how it usually goes with superstar athletes who are the best in the world at what they do.

8. Re: Aaron Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post

Tough to say, but my guess back then was that it was safer for him to just stand there, rather than move around and give a defender a free, cheap shot at a "blocker". Yes, it was dumb all around.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FruitPunch View Post
    Last year the Bears did the exact same thing with Allen Robinson. 2 years ago it was the Bengals with AJ Green. Both teams had no problem signing free agents after that. I don't think it's the smart move when it comes to roster construction but I don't think it hurts when it comes to attracting future talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Would he win a SB his first year with the Ravens throwing to Brown, Bateman, and Andrews? Gus/Dobbins running the rock?

Asking for a friend.
    He hasn't won one with the receivers he presently has so I doubt he could pull it off in purple and black.

If the Packers drafted Tee Higgins instead of Jordan Love there's a good chance they would have made the Super Bowl this season or last. Rodgers is a very good on top of his game, but the Packers need another play maker to line up opposite of Davante Adams on offense.

When you have a QB like Brady or Rodgers the goal should be doing what it takes to make the Super Bowl and not wasting a first round pick on a backup QB.

Julio Jones