Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The media only makes me want this lombardi even more

Quote Originally Posted by zckattk View Post
    You can bank on the fact that the NFL will do everything in their power, short of fixing it, to ensure Brady vs. Manning in the AFC Championship. Just beware. If we are playing in Denver and the game is close you are going to see some ticky tack penalties against the Ravens.
    I've been telling friends all week the same thing. Manning-Brady is gold to the NFL and they'd do anything to make that happen. You'll see horrible calls like the Torrey Smith hold or crackback block called at the most inopportune time.

Blog Entries
    Win the Super Bowl and you'll get that media praise.

The Pats sucked for 40 years. They were most known for getting embarrassed by the 85 Bears. The media didn't just decide to kiss their asses. They won the Super Bowl. And they did it again and again. That's when the media changed from making them out as doormats to darlings.

Respect had to be earned and this team hasn't yet earned it.
    Last edited by GOTA; 01-03-2013 at 10:45 AM.

3. Re: The media only makes me want this lombardi even more

Honestly, I don't think any team has a leg up. If this team, and specifically, this offense plays well we can go toe to toe with anyone. The defense has been picking up too and that's without Ray, Pollard, and even Ellerbe. They always usually step up in the postseason as well. I don't worry about the D whatsoever and I don't think this team is scared. The Broncos or Pats definitely don't want to play us, I can tell you that. We have proven before that we can go to NE and beat Brady. Manning is due. I thought the D, besides Cary giving up that deep ball to Decker, held Manning in check. If the offense, which I understand is a big IF, can go on a run and play the way they did vs the Giants, we have a legit shot to go to the SB.

4. Re: The media only makes me want this lombardi even more

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    sounds like the OP only watches ESPN.
    Far from it...you probably don't watch NFL Network, cause that's where Heath Evans works.

I actually just woke up to the "Ray Lewis close to signing with ESPN" news and not even 1 minute into my day I was pissed off.

5. Re: The media only makes me want this lombardi even more

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    Honestly, I don't think any team has a leg up. If this team, and specifically, this offense plays well we can go toe to toe with anyone. The defense has been picking up too and that's without Ray, Pollard, and even Ellerbe. They always usually step up in the postseason as well. I don't worry about the D whatsoever and I don't think this team is scared. The Broncos or Pats definitely don't want to play us, I can tell you that. We have proven before that we can go to NE and beat Brady. Manning is due. I thought the D, besides Cary giving up that deep ball to Decker, held Manning in check. If the offense, which I understand is a big IF, can go on a run and play the way they did vs the Giants, we have a legit shot to go to the SB.
    I agree with you. Thats the thing that makes me feel a lot better. When we played against Denver, half of our defense wasn't playing and it was Caldwell's first game. And even with half the defense out, for the first half it was putting on a hell of an effort. If it wasn't for the fact the offense was off the field within 30 seconds of getting on it, I think we could have given Manning a HUGE headache.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Win the Super Bowl and you'll get that media praise.

The Pats sucked for 40 years. They were most known for getting embarrassed by the 85 Bears. The media didn't just decide to kiss their asses. They won the Super Bowl. And they did it again and again. That's when the media changed from making them out as doormats to darlings.

Respect had to be earned and this team hasn't yet earned it.
    Exactly right. And it works in reverse, too. The Cowboys a decade or so ago could do no wrong...everyone picked them to win the Super Bowl ever single year. After a decade of failed expectations, they are more-or-less seen as a 2nd-tier franchise now. Nobody thinks they are serious contenders anymore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Exactly right. And it works in reverse, too. The Cowboys a decade or so ago could do no wrong...everyone picked them to win the Super Bowl ever single year. After a decade of failed expectations, they are more-or-less seen as a 2nd-tier franchise now. Nobody thinks they are serious contenders anymore.
    Now, maybe. It's been quite a few years of will-Romo-turn-the-corner before they quit being a "sexy" pick for the NFCEast.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I don't know. I think the Cowboys have been given way more respect from the media than they deserved. That team is a total train wreck, but every year we keep hearing about all their supposed talent and is this the year that they get to the super bowl. Jerry Jones has ruined a once great franchise, yet he's still considered by many to be a great owner.

Blog Entries

Matt Williamson is such a douche nozzle.

I really hope the Ravens stick it to the Colts.

Blog Entries

The one positive thing about Ray's retirement announcement is that it provides a storyline for the Ravens that's every bit as compelling as anyone else's for the media to run with:
    The greatest defensive player of this generation returns from a near-season-ending injury to rally his battered, stumbling team in the playoffs. Will it be enough to take them to New Orleans? Stay tuned!

Blog Entries

Listened to SiriusNFL / The Herd back and forth all morning and the Ravens are getting a ton of love. Pretty much everyone picks them to win and some say they'll win big.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

12. Re: The media only makes me want this lombardi even more

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Listened to SiriusNFL / The Herd back and forth all morning and the Ravens are getting a ton of love. Pretty much everyone picks them to win and some say they'll win big.
    I'm not talking about this week. We obviously deserve to be the favorites for this one, and even the people in the media who hate us aren't that stupid to pick against us in this game.

But it's the people in the media who give us not even a slither of a chance past this round. If I was a fan of any other team, I probably would pick the Broncos as the favorites too...but with our history, Ray coming back, and how well this team plays when everything is clicking, you really can't count this team out.