Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: 75yrs After D-Day.

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post

And I understand why Everybody wanted to fight Hitler, and why not everybody wants to fight for oil.
    I don't know a single person that would actually have to put boots on the ground would want to for oil
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I don't know a single person that would actually have to put boots on the ground would want to for oil
    Exactly. Its just the rich getting richer on the backs of broken warriors.

"Politicians hide themselves away
    They only started the war
    Why should they go out to fight
    They leave that all to the poor, yeah"

Exactly. Its just the rich getting richer on the backs of broken warriors.

"Politicians hide themselves away
    They only started the war
    Why should they go out to fight
    They leave that all to the poor, yeah"
    On this we agree. And I agree to an extent on the modern wars. Vietnam was so we could sell CocaCola and Chevrolet. Oh and don’t forget the Heroin.
    Gulf war ( part 2) was all about oil and Little Bush finishing what his daddy started. Oh and Heroin. Ironically we went there to over throw two “leaders” we helped put in power? Hmmm???

But during the 60’s there was a huge cultural change. Some good some maybe not. My dad ( multi tour Vietnam Vet) said the reason he went back so many times is because when he came home the first time ...Americans yelled and screamed at him and threw stuff at him. They treated him like a criminal. When my grandad came home from WW2 in 1945 ....America threw them a Parade. Everyone loved them.
    Fast forward 30ish years and the average American spent even think about the young men and women still fighting over in the desert.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    On this we agree. And I agree to an extent on the modern wars. Vietnam was so we could sell CocaCola and Chevrolet. Oh and don’t forget the Heroin.
    Gulf war ( part 2) was all about oil and Little Bush finishing what his daddy started. Oh and Heroin. Ironically we went there to over throw two “leaders” we helped put in power? Hmmm???

But during the 60’s there was a huge cultural change. Some good some maybe not. My dad ( multi tour Vietnam Vet) said the reason he went back so many times is because when he came home the first time ...Americans yelled and screamed at him and threw stuff at him. They treated him like a criminal. When my grandad came home from WW2 in 1945 ....America threw them a Parade. Everyone loved them.
    Fast forward 30ish years and the average American spent even think about the young men and women still fighting over in the desert.

I've always heard this. And I have no idea if it's true or not, I just ask... where is the oil we went there to fight for?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I've always heard this. And I have no idea if it's true or not, I just ask... where is the oil we went there to fight for?
    Saudi Arabia.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post

It sucks your dad (and tons of other VW Vets) had to go through that.

The people had a reason to be mad about the war (engagement, never actually considered a War), just misguided their anger towards the soldiers (many of which had ZERO choice in going, the draft was scary).

Didn’t actually get it. Needed to protect our interest in OPEC and keep the “evil” forces from selling more to the Chinese and Russians. It’s funny cause North America actually can produce more oil than we could use in a thousand lifetimes ....but yet we still buy OPEC oil? Saudi Arabia being our “allies” we had to “protect “ them from the tyrant in Iraq ( that we put in power) who had taken over Kuwait ( we liberated). At the time of 9-11 I don’t think the US could “pin down” Bin Laden and therefore couldn’t justify invading Afghanistan. Saddam was an Evil we knew and we ( American Sheep) wouldn’t push back against blaming him for 9-11. And then of course they “invented “ the WMD deal. Lol. If you remember at this same time Bush Jr and Chavez were pissing on each other so our usual 6% dropped and the cost went up. So.....we needed to secure more oil from our “friends” in Saudi who are second for import oil at 9%.

It sucks your dad (and tons of other VW Vets) had to go through that.

The people had a reason to be mad about the war (engagement, never actually considered a War), just misguided their anger towards the soldiers (many of which had ZERO choice in going, the draft was scary).
    Yeah. It was a messed up time. Funny story about the draft ...dad got his draft notice at home ....the day After he graduated boot camp! Lol. The Gov is soo screwed up.

Or just have them watch Band of Brothers
    That, and the first half hour of Saving Private Ryan. The rest of that movie isn't the point.

And when you're done with Band of Brothers, switch over to The Pacific.

Apparently, Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg are working on another project for HBO - Masters of the Air, set to follow the actions of the Eighth Air Force, the aerial bombing war over Europe. That series would be fascinating.
    http://footstepsresearch.org/2018/12...rs-of-the-air/

That’s cause it’s a made up anti war talking point. Never took over any country’s oil fields,

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    That’s cause it’s a made up anti war talking point. Never took over any country’s oil fields,
    True, just secured them for Saudi Arabia.

Boys with HW since way back.