247 lb

1.62s (76th PCTL) 10- YARD SPLIT
    4.32s (59th PCTL) 20- YARD SHUTTLE
    4.66s (76th PCTL) 40- YARD DASH
    6.83s (94th PCTL) THREE- CONE DRILL
    36” (79th PCTL) VERTICAL JUMP
    10-02 (83rd PCTL) BROAD JUMP
    N/A BENCH PRESS

Murray---------------------------------------Queen-------------Bachie-------------Hamilton
    59.8 - RUN-DEFENSE GRADE....................64.7...…...……….79.1...……...…………...87.1
    80.6 - COVERAGE GRADE.........................82.0..……...….….74.0...…………………...77.1
    68.6 - TACKLING GRADE..........................65.4...…………....67.7...…………………...63.5
    11.4% MISSED TACKLE %.......................13.7%...………....12.8%......…………….12.1%

Re: 2020 NFL Draft - ILB Thread

I can totally see this guy filling the CJ Mosley role. Wouldn't have to use their first either.
    https://youtu.be/GQvyt9qA7ds

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    I can totally see this guy filling the CJ Mosley role. Wouldn't have to use their first either.

I just added to my previous post....will edit it in here:

I think Harrison is a better 'take on' guy. If you want someone to same foot - same shoulder square up and take on blockers I would pick him. But, from a speed, burst, movement / fluidity stand point I think Queen and Murray are on a different level. Harrison is a bit stiff to me. Stylistically I think they're different types of players. Projecting in terms of coverage in the NFL Queen and Murray seem more likely then Harrison to fill the bill there. I'm of the ilk that believes the coverage ability is very important.

But depending on where he's selected could be a 2-down LB that comes out on passing downs/sub-packages.

Blog Entries

^^This is the Michigan State game only 7 minute game cut-up

look @ 4:00 - coverage bust

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I just added to my previous post....will edit it in here:

I think Harrison is a better 'take on' guy. If you want someone to same foot - same shoulder square up and take on blockers I would pick him. But, from a speed, burst, movement / fluidity stand point I think Queen and Murray are on a different level. Harrison is a bit stiff to me. Stylistically I think they're different types of players. Projecting in terms of coverage in the NFL Queen and Murray seem more likely then Harrison to fill the bill there. I'm of the ilk that believes the coverage ability is very important.

But depending on where he's selected could be a 2-down LB that comes out on passing downs/sub-packages.
    I'm looking for a Mike that can take on blockers and stuff the RB on a fourth and one or goal line situation. I totally agree that Queen and Murray would be superior in coverage but due to their size especially in Queens case think they would be more of a liability vs the run.

From an athletic profile he's even better than Mosley is

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/cj-mosley-2014

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/malik-harrison

I'm looking for a Mike that can take on blockers and stuff the RB on a fourth and one or goal line situation. I totally agree that Queen and Murray would be superior in coverage but due to their size especially in Queens case think they would be more of a liability vs the run.

If they're going to address ILB, I'd actually prefer both Queen / Murray in Rd 1 and a 2-down run stuffer later or UDFA.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    If they're going to address ILB, I'd actually prefer both Queen / Murray in Rd 1 and a 2-down run stuffer later or UDFA.
    Unless an Epanesa type player falls into their lap at #28 I would rather them trade back 5-6 slots and pick up an extra late second or early third rounder. My dream scenario would be for them to land Harrison,Mims and Ruiz in the second and maybe am Edge in the third. That would really cinch up three positions.

Blog Entries

Both ILBs don’t need to bangers. Typically in a 34 you have a downhill “take on guy” and you have a protected run and chase guy. I’ve seen Queen bow his back stack and shed.*Queen actually has well known game where makes the exact play you mention. I’ll post it later....

I’ve seen it with Murray (to lesser extent) I think both can improve in that area because their fast and explosive players. I don’t see them as liabilities at all in the run game. I think their sideline to sideline ability is only gonna improve the run defense especially outside runs (Browns/Titans).

Have you watched Joe Bachie?
    Similar type player and athletic testing as Hamilton but rated as late round player / UDFA
    Last edited by edromeo; 03-28-2020 at 09:38 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post

^^This is the Michigan State game only 7 minute game cut-up

look @ 4:00 - coverage bust
    ??? Harrison is a better value than Murray.....Queen is the best prospect
    "When you go into the lions den, you don't tippy-toe in. You carry a spear. You go in screaming like a banshee and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch?""
    - Brian Billick - postgame after beating Titans in Divisional playoff 2001

Twitter handle: @radams8483

Unless an Epanesa type player falls into their lap at #28 I would rather them trade back 5-6 slots and pick up an extra late second or early third rounder. My dream scenario would be for them to land Harrison,Mims and Ruiz in the second and maybe am Edge in the third. That would really cinch up three positions.

Sure. There's a lot they can do which is why it's so nice to have such draft capital.

The way this fan base hated Mosley for his coverage, it’ll be the same way with malik Harrison.