Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: Baker Mayfield sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    When he says things like he doesn't need a coach because he can film himself and look for mistakes, it makes me think he's not going to improve much.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Wait.... the idea that a guy wants to constantly pick apart his own film for mistakes leads you to believe he’s not going to improve? What?

Baker is a huge asshole, and I think his decision making, accuracy, and physical limitations are going to prevent him ever taking a leap to the upper tier of NFL QBs. I’m very grateful we have who we have and not this petty, feud-driven loudmouth. But this is a guy who was ranked outside the top 1,000 national recruits, didn’t get a scholarship at Texas Tech, didn’t get a scholarship at Oklahoma, and wound up winning a Heisman and being drafted first overall. The idea that he’s not a hard worker and isn’t dedicated to improving his craft just isn’t borne out by the facts at all.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Wait.... the idea that a guy wants to constantly pick apart his own film for mistakes leads you to believe he’s not going to improve? What?

Baker is a huge asshole, and I think his decision making, accuracy, and physical limitations are going to prevent him ever taking a leap to the upper tier of NFL QBs. I’m very grateful we have who we have and not this petty, feud-driven loudmouth. But this is a guy who was ranked outside the top 1,000 national recruits, didn’t get a scholarship at Texas Tech, didn’t get a scholarship at Oklahoma, and wound up winning a Heisman and being drafted first overall. The idea that he’s not a hard worker and isn’t dedicated to improving his craft just isn’t borne out by the facts at all.
    It is entirely possible that after the Heisman and number 1 pick he decided he didn’t have to work any more.

Or more likely he started thinking he had all the answers— which actually seems more likely to be the case.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    It is entirely possible that after the Heisman and number 1 pick he decided he didn’t have to work any more.

Or more likely he started thinking he had all the answers— which actually seems more likely to be the case.
    It’s not impossible, but I don’t think it’s common for hypercompetitive psychopaths to stop working hard once they finally get the chance to pursue their dreams at the NFL level.

It seems more likely to me that he’s just not good enough right now.

His point wasn’t that Baker wasn’t an asshole, it was that making commercials doesn’t preclude you from working on your craft.

Hollywood, for example, spends hours and hours every day playing Madden. He’ll almost definitely have spent more time playing video games over the course of the offseason than Baker spent recording ads. But he’s clearly also working his ass off to get better.
    That's film study obviously

That quote makes it seem like he doesn't feel that any coaches would have something to teach him. That would be why I wouldn't expect him to improve much.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    I thought the Saints were going to draft Lamar when he slid and groom him to take over for Brees after 2-3 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    That was my biggest fear as well.
    Hoodie was my biggest fear.

Lamar played in a version of the Erhardt-Perkins offense the Patiots run, in college.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ple-interviews

He's gone from talking to much to not talking at all. He's even an asshole when he's not saying anything stupid.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

The floor for Baker is Rex Grossman. Hell he might already be this generation's Rex Grossman.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    The floor for Baker is Rex Grossman. Hell he might already be this generation's Rex Grossman.
    Ouch. Grossman was at least drafted 22 overall; if you pick #1 and come away with Rex Grossman — ouch.

But Baker’s already been a starter as many seasons as Grossman has. I think his floor is a little higher than that.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Rex Grossman made a Super Bowl tho

I think Baker is more another Bear, Jay Cutler.

Quote Originally Posted by G54377 View Post
    I think Baker is more another Bear, Jay Cutler.
    Smokin' Jay? Hehe

Jay actually had a better arm than Mayfield does, I mean his arm was superb. Nothing else was.