Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 2023 Annual Forking

Couldn’t read the Jeff Z article. It’s behind a firewall.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    They routinely restructure nearly every viable candidate every year.

As an example Ronnie Stanley was NOT restructured last year, which shows the Ravens restraint due to his injury concerns. After returning, playing at an extremely high level and ending the season healthy, he is a virtual lock to get restructured along with Humphrey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stanley has a $23.7 million cap number this year and $26 million the next 2 years. How much higher can they really go? He's got a $12.5 million base this year. Drop it to $1 million and move $11.5 to bonus. That would make his cap number around 23.5 - 11.5 + 3.85 = 16.05 this year but it also means cap numbers north of $30 million the next 2 years. That's a lot for Stanley and very much in that Brandon Williams category albeit in a priority position. It could still happen with Stanley, Marlon, Andrews and Tucker but it does push future years way up.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Stanley has a $23.7 million cap number this year and $26 million the next 2 years. How much higher can they really go? He's got a $12.5 million base this year. Drop it to $1 million and move $11.5 to bonus. That would make his cap number around 23.5 - 11.5 + 3.85 = 16.05 this year but it also means cap numbers north of $30 million the next 2 years. That's a lot for Stanley and very much in that Brandon Williams category albeit in a priority position. It could still happen with Stanley, Marlon, Andrews and Tucker but it does push future years way up.
    Correct, but even the ravens being among the most conservative teams with the cap in the league, do this every year.

A team like the Saints would.

Turn $11.5m into Bonus. Add 2 void years. This drops his current cap year cost to $14.3m. Makes the next two cap years around $29m instead, sounds smart? Well now we have $4.6m in dead money the year he’s gone. No biggie.

Well next year, the $29m is still too much, so we do 3 void years, and then $10m into bonus and add $6m more to that future dead cap hit. But $10.6m is still reasonable?

After playing these games, you know the following year the $29m is too much again, so they turn $15m into bonus with 4 void cap years and $12m gets added to the dead cap.

The following year, we have no chance at all to sign Ronnie Stanley, and have to let him walk to the Dolphins like Armstead did, but we still carry almost $23m jn dead money and now have to sign a replacement.

I would definitely let Gus play and just ball out on his contract year

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I think it's really unlikely Lamar plays on the tag
    This. They'll get a deal done SOON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    This. They'll get a deal done SOON!!!
    He will sign a multi-year deal with some team prior to the draft.

4M if they cut Ricard right? 4M would immediately be our highest paid WR lmao
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It doesn't matter if he plays on the tag. If no deal is done before March 7 they have to tag him even if they want to trade him. The Ravens have 1 month to get a deal done or they have to start making cuts. They aren't letting Lamar hit the free agent market and getting back a 3rd round comp pick. Whether Lamar plays on the tag or not he's going to get tagged and they have to create space to do it.
    He'll get Long term deal. There is no way they can tag him. If wouldn't be smart. You'd have QB and not much else. They deal well get done.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    He will sign a multi-year deal with some team prior to the draft.

Not chance he isn't the Ravens QB opening week 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    4M if they cut Ricard right? 4M would immediately be our highest paid WR lmao
    $1.6m, not $4m…
    And Duvernay is set to make $4.3m in salary alone, more than Rivard’s entire cap hit.

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    Not chance he isn't the Ravens QB opening week 2023.
    Entirely possible and not something my post rules out.

But if he won’t sign before the draft? He’s gone…

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Couldn’t read the Jeff Z article. It’s behind a firewall.
    For some reason, I was able to read the whole thing and I don’t have a subscription. It really hammered home that we will lose a shitload of talent most of us would like to keep, if we don get Lamar to sign an extension or trade him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro