New jerseys in the UK

Hello everyone, I'm sure you've all seen the new jerseys by now, and I apologise if this has already been discussed:
    Does anybody know what the deal is with suppliers of the Nike jerseys over here in the uk?

If I remember correctly, they're available to buy from April 26th with the NFLShop doing preorders from April 15th, but I'd rather not get done over by customs. So I was wondering if anyone had any idea about any uk retailers stocking them?

Re: New jerseys in the UK

Wise man not to buy from the NFL shop
    You will get burned by customs and then UPS add on an "administration fee" over this. It's about a tenner sterling, UPS are a shower of money grabbers

The NFL UK shop should not have these issues however, no customs in the EU
    http://shop.nfluk.com/mpl/index.mpl

Now tell us, what jersey are you planning to get? :)

I reckon I'll get a Pitta jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    Wise man not to buy from the NFL shop
    You will get burned by customs and then UPS add on an "administration fee" over this. It's about a tenner sterling, UPS are a shower of money grabbers

The NFL UK shop should not have these issues however, no customs in the EU
    http://shop.nfluk.com/mpl/index.mpl

Now tell us, what jersey are you planning to get? :)

I reckon I'll get a Pitta jersey
    Thanks for the advice :)
    Yeah I'll keep an eye out for when the nfluk shop releases some. Was looking to get one in time for my birthday, but it doesn't look likely since they get released a few days after.

This is my first jersey, so I'm not sure what I'll get - depends on what they're stocking to be honest. I would quite like a defensive player, maybe Webb/ngata/Suggs/jsmith (Reed and Lewis may be done after the season)
    Pitta is a good shout, I'm hoping he starts over ed this season. On offense id probs go for pitta/tsmith/flacco (who knows what happens with rice after this season)
    But yeah, I want a player that'll be around for a while :)

If you can't get the one you want - NFLUK has only a limited range, there are other sites in the US that you can get stuff from particularly if you want a more popular named shirt. I used to advise sticking to lower cost items but it depends on how they calculate the postage.

I was burned by customs a few seasons ago, it does not happen every time. No doubt it's a real pain if it does happen. Consider that you do end up with exactly the shirt you want, and it's even cheaper if customs don't get you!

For high value items I have used the UKRaven 'network' to get stuff brought over - depends on how long you want to wait for something.

If you can avoid the fakes and crap stuff, Ebay US can be good if you are prepared to ask for shipment outside of the US. Log onto US Ebay rather than use the search of the UK version.
    Some companies / people say no, but others like the idea of foreigner wearing Ravens stuff - particularly if they are Ravens or footbal fans themselves. Ask!
    "We ain't stinking Redskins fans in this Town sonny!"

Quote Originally Posted by UKRaven View Post
    If you can't get the one you want - NFLUK has only a limited range, there are other sites in the US that you can get stuff from particularly if you want a more popular named shirt. I used to advise sticking to lower cost items but it depends on how they calculate the postage.

I was burned by customs a few seasons ago, it does not happen every time. No doubt it's a real pain if it does happen. Consider that you do end up with exactly the shirt you want, and it's even cheaper if customs don't get you!

For high value items I have used the UKRaven 'network' to get stuff brought over - depends on how long you want to wait for something.

If you can avoid the fakes and crap stuff, Ebay US can be good if you are prepared to ask for shipment outside of the US. Log onto US Ebay rather than use the search of the UK version.
    Some companies / people say no, but others like the idea of foreigner wearing Ravens stuff - particularly if they are Ravens or footbal fans themselves. Ask!
    Thanks for the advice, I think I'll just wait until NFLUK put their collection up and make a decision from there.

When you say 'burned', how much money are we talking (on top of the jersey price)? See it's my birthday coming up, so paying a little extra won't be a problem, but if its extortionate I'd probably give it a miss.

As for US websites, I'm pretty clueless outside the official NFL.com shop. Could someone PM me the names of some (i know you can't advertise sites, but is it cool to send them in a message?)

I don't know the UK VAT rate but I'd imagine it's in around twenty percent

Hundred dollar jersey, add the rate, round up a bit, so maybe fifteen sterling. Add another tenner for UPS who demand cash on delivery

Twenty five sterling extra maybe?
    Rough guess

I think it's worth paying the extra for the "Premier" with the stitching but I'm reading they won't be out until June

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    I don't know the UK VAT rate but I'd imagine it's in around twenty percent

Hundred dollar jersey, add the rate, round up a bit, so maybe fifteen sterling. Add another tenner for UPS who demand cash on delivery

Twenty five sterling extra maybe?
    Rough guess

I think it's worth paying the extra for the "Premier" with the stitching but I'm reading they won't be out until June
    The new jerseys are available for preorder now but only the 'game' and 'elite' ones. The 'limited' one won't be out until the summer like you said.

To be honest, if nfluk don't have a decent collection, I'll just order from the USA via a reputable website. It might come to a lot after customs and postage etc but at least I'll get the one I want.

8. Re: New jerseys in the UK

Few sites I got recommended to from over on the NFLUK official forum - fansedge, footballfanatics, and ukamericansportsstore. Only ever used footballfanatics for a cap and a polo shirt and they provided excellent service and I didn't get hit by a customs charge. However, according to some on that forum it is down to luck whether you get hit by a charge or not.

Hoping to get my first Ravens jersey this summer. Not sure who to get yet. I loved that Ray Lewis elite jersey on the NFLshop.com but didn't have my size, and I didn't fancy the potential customs charges. So looking around sites now for them to get the elite jerseys in, though I may just plum for a game jersey because they seem better quality than the old reebok ones. :)

I just got an old style black '52' youth for Elliot from NFL.com as the UK one had no stock and it will last for a few years.

I did not have to pay anything on arrival so I think it's down to some crteria that customs use as to if you get picked out or not.
    "We ain't stinking Redskins fans in this Town sonny!"

Forget to mention, I ended up getting a purple 52 jersey from ukamericansportsstore. The company pays any customs for you, and altogether it comes to the same price with shipping as it would if you ordered from the US. I liked the security of knowing i was buying from a UK retailer.

Great customer service and timely delivery, would definitely recommend.

Not long now until it all kicks off.....