Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Deadskins

Re: Deadskins

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    After watching this game... I have little faith the Ravens can beat the Skins.
    there may be a silver lining to this...
    keep in mind that this is a divisional rivalry game with major playoff implications on the line. The skins, losing record and all, usually play the Giants tough just as the Steelers do us Ben or no Ben...with John Beck and Rex Grossman, the terrible skins swept the Giants last year and those same 9-7 Giants went on to win the super bowl. This year, the Rams are terrible playing teams outside of their division but have managed to go 4-0-1 in their own division, including knocking off and tying the 49ers, and they are considered "Elite" by NFL standards.

The Giants have left at least 10 points on the board against the Deadskins shitty defense. They killed themselves with dumb penalties and the missed FG. I think we'll come out pissed and attack. I cant stand them!!! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    there may be a silver lining to this...
    keep in mind that this is a divisional rivalry game with major playoff implications on the line. The skins, losing record and all, usually play the Giants tough just as the Steelers do us Ben or no Ben...with John Beck and Rex Grossman, the terrible skins swept the Giants last year and those same 9-7 Giants went on to win the super bowl. This year, the Rams are terrible playing teams outside of their division but have managed to go 4-0-1 in their own division, including knocking off and tying the 49ers, and they are considered "Elite" by NFL standards.
    I always expect division games to be close tough and a coin toss regardless of the teams.

However, I can't imagine our defense playing sound against the Skins option plays. RG3 can burn any defender.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    The Giants have left at least 10 points on the board against the Deadskins shitty defense. They killed themselves with dumb penalties and the missed FG. I think we'll come out pissed and attack. I cant stand them!!! Lol
    Sounds like the Ravens, no?
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

I'd like to think with a longer week to prepare, maybe our coaches finally can pull an ace out of their pockets.

But yeah, certainly won't be easy. I think it is better that they won this week, because it should fluff their egos a bit, and I have to think our guys are going to come out with chips on their shoulders.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

His wide outs are WIDE open.
    He's also a better passer.

7. Re: Deadskins

So, now we have to play a Redskins team on the road and a Giants team at home that are both fighting for their playoff lives? After losing to the Steelers and Charlie Freaking Batch at home? So there goes that aura of invincibility--and right before we play the Broncos at home too.

Anyone else feel that instead of peaking at this time of the season, we're starting to unravel?

We just might lose the next 3 games; whether we even make the playoffs could come down to beating the Bengals at their place.

Blog Entries

I don't think everyone is dwelling on just the lose to Shitty, but dwelling on the lack luster coaching of this team. I think we win 2 out of the next 4, but I'm skeptical of that. 29th rank pass D will shut down the Ravens scheme, not really hard to cover straight lines with an occasional out.

The thing is now that the Giants didn't put Washington away, Washington has a pretty good chance of winning the NFC East so they WILL be motivated to give us a game in their house! They're like a game behind the Giants now and the Giants still have to deal with the desperate Saints, go to Atlanta, and then come see us so they could very easily drop 3 games right there while the Skins handle the Browns, Eagles, and Cowboys. Luckily for us, the Redskins D shouldn't be close to what the Steelers put out there so if Joe gets more accurate with his deep ball, enough to make them respect the pass, and then turn Rice loose on them to keep RG3 off the field, they can do it. Hell, if Pittsburgh and the Bengals can beat the Skins this season, so can the Ravens.

In all seriousness, if Charlie "Freaking" Batch can dissect the Ravens Defense in our place, what hope do we have that our Defense will man up against the likes of RG3, and the Brothers Manning?!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    I think we win 2 out of the next 4, but I'm skeptical of that.
    Not too hard for any of our remaining opponents to defend against our vanilla, predictable Offense, and a Defense that applies little (if any) pressure - I think it will be extremely difficult to pull 2 W's out of the next 4! Ironic if the Steelers end up running the table, and we implode....just thinking.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Anyone else feel that instead of peaking at this time of the season, we're starting to unravel?
    If the reports of a torn bicep for Suggs are accurate, it's not starting, it's well underway.
    We just might lose the next 3 games; whether we even make the playoffs could come down to beating the Bengals at their place.
    "Just might"--? IMHO it will be a minor miracle if they don't lose the next 3, probably in humiliating fashion.