Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Daniel Jeremiah Mock Draft 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Delpit is an elite playmaker. He is going to be really really good.
    I agree, he is my favorite safety prospect. I know Kiper likes Winfield and MCchay likes Xavier but Delpit is my favorite followed by Jeremy Chinn and Dugger.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    Why is everyone against picking Baun? Are you worried he is Kamalai Correa all over again?

I watched a lot of Big 10 football this year and came away very impressed by Baun. Guy has a fantastic motor and was always around the ball. His combine numbers match up pretty comparatively with Clay Matthews and TJ Watt. I'd say if we could add a player like that too our defense at 28 it would be a huge boost especially for our lacking pass rush.
    I'm not against picking Baun. I'm against picking Baun at pick 28. I am very familiar w/ Baun as prospect but i think he belongs 3rd roundish. I think Uche is better version of Baun (if you view him as movable chess piece ILB/OLB). I do like your Clay Matthews comp for Baun though.
    Last edited by edromeo; 04-10-2020 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I am very familiar w/ Baun as prospect but i think he belongs 3rd roundish. I think Uche is better version of Baun (if you view him as movable chess piece ILB/OLB). I do like your Clay Matthews comp for Baun though.
    What is Baun's position supposed to be, for us? He's too small to be a full-time edge in our D, isn't he?

For those people who like him for us at 28, what's the theory for how we use him? Are we expected to play him at ILB on early downs, and move him to edge in obvious passing situations? He plays edge in "racecar" packages, where a DL comes off the field and (say) McPhee moves inside; Baun moves to McPhee's spot and a safety comes on to play LB? But the rest if the time he's an ILB?

Is that the theory?

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    What is Baun's position supposed to be, for us? He's too small to be a full-time edge in our D, isn't he?

For those people who like him for us at 28, what's the theory for how we use him? Are we expected to play him at ILB on early downs, and move him to edge in obvious passing situations? He plays edge in "racecar" packages, where a DL comes off the field and (say) McPhee moves inside; Baun moves to McPhee's spot and a safety comes on to play LB? But the rest if the time he's an ILB?

Is that the theory?
    Baun has a high motor and that's exactly the type of guys we need. I want Baun out there blitzing the QB and trying to force turnovers. That's something that we lacked last season which I think we can improve on and Baun could bring.. more turnovers. Be disruptive in the backfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Baun has a high motor and that's exactly the type of guys we need. I want Baun out there blitzing the QB and trying to force turnovers. That's something that we lacked last season which I think we can improve on and Baun could bring -- more turnovers. Be disruptive in the backfield.
    So he plays the "high motor"? Is that a position?

So he plays the "high motor"? Is that a position?
    You've never heard of it? It's right behind the nose guard 👀

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    You've never heard of it? It's right behind the nose guard 👀
    There's a lot about the game I'm still learning. Still not sure what an "under" front is.

There's a lot about the game I'm still learning. Still not sure what an "under" front is.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...efensive-front

Great article on it, and the other fronts if you are looking to learn.

Blog Entries

Is that the theory?
    yup. Some people view him as full time edge rusher 34-OLB or 43 SAM. Others view him as 34 ILB that bumps to edge rusher on passing downs.

Baun is (6-2 - 238)he's roughly the same size as Tyus Bowser (6-3 - 242), and RavensNest made the comp to Clay Matthews (6-3 - 240) and prior to that comp I had a hard time seeing him as full time edge but they physical profiles even down to the 40 are nearly identical.
    Last edited by edromeo; 04-13-2020 at 01:03 PM.

I would take Aiyuk and hope to get Brooks in the second round.

Unless someone really slips like Derwin James did and falls into the Ravens lap at 28 I don't think trading down 5-10 slots would hurt them all that much if they could pick up another second rounder or early third. Looks like there's not a huge gap between 20-50.