Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Rex Ryan: "I'm a hell of a lot better football coach than I'm given credit for"

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...oster-afc-east

"I'm a hell of a lot better football coach than I'm given credit for," Ryan told Newsday Thursday as the Jets finished their mandatory minicamp in Florham Park, N.J.

"I don't care," he continued. "I don't need the credit. But I can tell you one thing, when it's said and done, they'll look back and say, 'Oh man, this dude can coach his butt off.' And you know what? It's true. And I'll let the people that know best talk on my behalf about the kind of coach I am.

"I don't have to brag, even though statistically, I can brag about anything I've ever done defensively."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure that's a relief to Jets fans everywhere. Good to know Rex is still Rex. Even better to know he's in New York rather than Baltimore.

Blog Entries

Re: Rex Ryan: "I'm a hell of a lot better football coach than I'm given credit for"

None of the Ryans have figured it out. Being a 'Head' Coach is not just about the defense.

You stabbed Billick in the back, rightfully got passed up for the job, in favor of John Harbaugh, who you've yet to beat, because the ineptitude of your offense rivaled the one you used to complain about when you were the DC here, and you had to watch as the QB drafted under his tenure led his team to the Super Bowl, while your QB created the 'Butt Fumble'.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Great break down Ex.

And there's still some here who prefer him to Harbs even today.

Cool Re: Rex Ryan: "I'm a hell of a lot better football coach than I'm given credit for"

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...oster-afc-east

"I'm a hell of a lot better football coach than I'm given credit for," Ryan told Newsday Thursday as the Jets finished their mandatory minicamp in Florham Park, N.J.

"I don't have to brag..."

"I don't care," he continued. "I don't need the credit. But I can tell you one thing, when it's said and done, they'll look back and say, 'Oh man, this dude can coach his butt off.' And you know what? It's true. And I'll let the people that know best talk on my behalf about the kind of coach I am.

"I don't have to brag, even though statistically, I can brag about anything I've ever done defensively."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure that's a relief to Jets fans everywhere. Good to know Rex is still Rex. Even better to know he's in New York rather than Baltimore.

But you will anyway, won't you Rex!

Anyone want to start laying bets now on which game of the season he's going to get fired?

We can sort of set it up like a mock draft with up to 16 participants. I'll start if anyone want to join in.

I say he's gone after the 10th Game.

Blog Entries

Re: Rex Ryan: "I'm a hell of a lot better football coach than I'm given credit for"

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Great break down Ex.

It didn't make sense from the beginning, if you consider the reality that Bisciotti wanted to unify the locker room. How was Rex supposed to go from the shit stirrer that pointed the finger at the offense, to the guy the offensive players would play hard for?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    But you will anyway, won't you Rex!

Anyone want to start laying bets now on which game of the season he's going to get fired?

We can sort of set it up like a mock draft with up to 16 participants. I'll start if anyone want to join in.

I say he's gone after the 10th Game.
    With the second pick in the 2013 Rex Ryan Termination Mock (Fitting term) Draft, the Sword of Light selects...........the game that Baltimore annihilates the Jets by thirty.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Which is something that continues to astonish me.

In a way, I suppose Rex does have three rings to only one for Harbs. Trouble is, Rex's three rings merely describe his circus.

Rex's greatest accomplishment is squeezing his head through doors.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Can you say Narcissistic Personality Disorder Rex?
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

When does Air Flacco show up to tell us how many MORE SBs we would have won if Rex was the coach here?

Blog Entries

"I'm a hell of a lot better football coach than I'm given credit for," Ryan told Newsday

real quote, "I'm a football coach from hell, and I shouldn't be given credit for it" ... Bc

Blog Entries

To be fair, I think Rex has gotten a bad hand in New York. But it was one he gladly took on.

I gave Harbaugh a ton of credit for getting this team through the amazing 5 year run we've had. But he also had the benefit of having Ozzie Newsome as well. Rex Ryan had Mike Tannenbaum. Not to say he wasn't hand in hand with those moves, but Mike wasn't making great football decisions either.

In a way, what's happened to the Jets was exactly what would've happened to a Rex Ryan Ravens team. He enjoyed some immediate immense success, reaching back to back AFC Championship games. He did it on the back of TREMENDOUS defense, strong running game, and a QB that showed flashes at times. But, his QB started to wilt. The disparity on the team grew. And now entering year 5 of Rex, he's back to having a fractured locker room. The D knows how shitty Sanchez is. They've got who at RB now? Shonn Greene is with Titans... And the QB situation is EVEN MUDDIER. Geno Smith is apparently not doing well, so they either have to roll Sanchez BACK out there, or throw another not ready rookie out there to try to do something.

Rex will last the year. I don't think Woody Johnson will fire him midseason. But I'm not sure they'll give him a 6th year if he flounders again. And they're in a rebuilding process, so that could mess him up more. Traded Revis away, waiting on the offense to come around...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!