Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

Quote Originally Posted by debwse View Post
    Hi,
    Family of 12 (10 yr old and 11 adults who act 10 LOL)....traveling in our RV to N.O. to tailgate. We are NOT fortunate to have tix for the game, but we want to jump into the SB celebration and feel like we are AT THE SUPERBOWL with our BELOVED Ravens.

We are renting an "RV Spot" at 1535 Canal Steet Lot? We have never traveled to LA and just trying to get as much helpful info/tips etc that we can. The lot "spot" is quite pricey with a 3 nite minimum charge which equals $600...no ammenities whatsoever. They say we can use run our generator...hope so b/c without the use of our RV's generator, we have no power, no water, NO TOILET....NO TV....which would be a nightmare to say the least...I of course when I am speaking about not having the TV that would be like experiencing a TEOTAWKI /SHTF event LOL.

We've been at other public places where generators were PROHIBITED..which resulted in terrible memories I'd rather forget...I am trying to avoid as many unpleasant surprises as possible...knowing that some will happen but trying to limit them LOL.

My hubby and I are organizing this thing (his idea of "organizing"?....he just says...OH WE'RE GOING!!!)...which means I'm doing all the research work and setting up EVERYTHING LOL.

Just wondering if anyone knows if this 1535 Canal Street lot is "safe"? and if anyone has an experience tailgating there before? According to Royal Parking, they've been running the lots for RV tailgating for 25 yrs.

ANY helpful tips, suggestions, guidance...ANYTHING you think helpful would be soooo very much appreciated.

GO RAVENS!!!
    Deb
    OK Deb. you are across the street from the Iberville housing projects, slated to be demolished.........call them an insist on a spot close to Canal Street and not Ibverville. If not tell them you know that they are next to the projects and that you are not happy about it.....and you want a spot on or near Canal to be safe. Make sure to have plenty of purple out, and avoid the Iberville side of the lot, unless there are a lot of people around. Once you get to North Rampart you are fine.
    Last edited by NOLARavenFAN; 01-23-2013 at 03:18 PM.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Re: SUPER BOWL PACKAGES to fit your budget

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I only wish I could afford them.

Guys, I can personally vouch for Harv as being completely trustworthy. He's good people.
    Thanks buddy --- wish you could attend the game

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Ravens Trips can hook you up with a Super Bowl Package to fit your budget. Call their friends at Premium Seats USA TODAY at 1-866-312-9295. Tell them Ravens Trips sent you! GO RAVENS!!!

Attachment 1375
    Tried to look, but the website is down. Lots of traffic?

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    We bought a package and then were lucky enough to get 4 club level seats thru an NFL Team

I have 4 upper level end zone seats sitting together to sell ---- we are selling them for exactly what they cost as part of our package ---- 2,100 each

Many people know me and have met me on this board and the old sunspot board. Please get in touch with me if you are interested.
    I know that all 30 "other" NFL teams get an allotment of 700-800 SB tix EACH. If there is a way to beg and plead with other NFL teams to "share" their allotment that might not get used, please DO TELL.. (private PM is fine)

Front Office person from another team is a good friend of my father --- we still had to pay face value of 1250 for them

Re: Super Bowl Road Trip -- Post Your Travel Plans, Suggestions Etc Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bufflehead
    we are staying at a B and B on Rampart / Esplanade. thoughts on location?

Any semi off beaten path (aka not mobbed) restaurants we should try Sat night?

You must be so pumped to have your Ravens coming to town!
    Dude:
    Across Rampart next to Louis Armstrong Park is the Treme neighborhood of HBO series fame. A very cool Mardi gras Indian museum is there. At Rampart and St.Louis is the crazy graveyard (all vaults above ground due to water table) in which the Hopper & Fonda characters w/ their hooker dates (Karen Black & Toni Basil... later of "Oh, Mickey" fame) tripped, boffed, wept, etc. in Easy Rider.

Git you some culture wit your Festivus Maximus

As for me I just bit down on one of the Same Day Air deals from Prime Sport/go2bowl.com.

As much as I'd love a few days in Nawlins, can't swing it workwise nor budget-wise. Bought just the airfare (plus ground transp. to/from airport , to "official Ravens pre-game party" (whatever that is), & to the Superdome, SB 47 swag, lanyard, blah, blah, blah. Substituted myown e-bay upper endzone ticket - saving about $575 vs. their ticket price in the package. That put the whirlwind of a day just +$400 over my original budget.

The One Big Day strategy just worked for Foxboro, thanks to Rorbaugh Bus (my legs are just beginning to straighten out again lol). The one day deal gives you an instant Ravens' peer group, except during the game. But I figure Upper Endzone Corner will likely be the domain of Ravens' faithful or neutrals.
    Last edited by Tucker: M&T Sec 527; 01-23-2013 at 04:31 PM.

iggyman555 Guest

if anyone has 2 extra tix pm me...negotiable

Helloharv You have Mail ... call me

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

WOO HOO! Apparently, the Ravens had a SECOND PSL holder lottery for Super Bowl tickets today and I WON! So, I'll be joining Ravens Nation down in New Orleans!

Thanks for all the advice NOLARaven!

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    WOO HOO! Apparently, the Ravens had a SECOND PSL holder lottery for Super Bowl tickets today and I WON! So, I'll be joining Ravens Nation down in New Orleans!

Thanks for all the advice NOLARaven!
    Congrats!! Saw this and got excited. Logged into my account and nothing. Oh well.

Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    We bought a package and then were lucky enough to get 4 club level seats thru an NFL Team

I have 4 upper level end zone seats sitting together to sell ---- we are selling them for exactly what they cost as part of our package ---- 2,100 each

Many people know me and have met me on this board and the old sunspot board. Please get in touch with me if you are interested.
    I might be interested in purchasing two seats. Please send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    NOLA, couple of questions. what kind of areas are;

morgan city and diamond head? how far are they out from NO and wat kind of areas are they? i think they are 1-1.5 hours out.

regards
    Morgan City is an oil town on the bayou, lots of motels and strip joints. its actually a cool place in a weird way, but not much there. Its a nice drove from there to New Orleans, maybe a bit more than an hour. Houma is a little closer.
    Way Down South in New Orleans