Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Over-interpreting to read this as a sign the Ravens feel confident in locking up Webb?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

One year ago we were all stressing about the CB position... I guess things have changed

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

There is not much to read into this. Even when Chris Carr is taken into consideration, this would have been your 2012 depth chart at CB:

Lardarius Webb
    Cary Williams
    Jimmy Smith
    Danny Gorrer
    Chris Carr

Then, you haven't even touched on the idea that Chykie Brown could improve. Carr was making too much money for a fifth CB. So, they are going to give him the chance to join another team early. They were going to cut him eventually.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    There is not much to read into this. Even when Chris Carr is taken into consideration, this would have been your 2012 depth chart at CB:

Lardarius Webb
    Cary Williams
    Jimmy Smith
    Danny Gorrer
    Chris Carr

Then, you haven't even touched on the idea that Chykie Brown could improve. Carr was making too much money for a fifth CB. So, they are going to give him the chance to join another team early. They were going to cut him eventually.
    Exactly.

Hell, Carr was a healthy scratch for the Houston playoff game!

PP

Well who cares, we don't need to save 1.9 million in cap space by waiting 3 months. Raven cap management is awful. It's trivial compared to the 6.3 million we wasted last year by not letting Mcgahee go in March instead of August. Careless and reckless with money. Had they made the right moves signing Grubbs or a#1 WR would be a peice a cake.

Blog Entries

Good luck Carr. Hope you land in Indy with Pags and are given the chance to start.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

7. Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Well who cares, we don't need to save 1.9 million in cap space by waiting 3 months. Raven cap management is awful. It's trivial compared to the 6.3 million we wasted last year by not letting Mcgahee go in March instead of August. Careless and reckless with money. Had they made the right moves signing Grubbs or a#1 WR would be a peice a cake.
    This is kind of a ridiculous statement. You want bad cap management, go 40 miles south and a couple hundred miles west to our division rival.... That's bad cap management.

Why don't we let the FO do what it does best and reserve judgement until all is said and done.

8. Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Good luck Carr. Hope you land in Indy with Pags and are given the chance to start.
    There or Dallas who needs veteran corner help badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    They can cut Carr now and designate him as a Post June 1st release, which I'm sure is what they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    This is kind of a ridiculous statement. You want bad cap management, go 40 miles south and a couple hundred miles west to our division rival.... That's bad cap management.

Why don't we let the FO do what it does best and reserve judgement until all is said and done.
    How many Sb's have they won recently? Been in 3 to our Zero, they just restructure and cut players it works for them obviously. Just doing it in different manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedpixuoff View Post
    They can cut Carr now and designate him as a Post June 1st release, which I'm sure is what they did.
    I hope so.

yea they cut him know for him to resign with someone, but for the ravens POV, it essentially doesnt happen until after the june 1st date, and we will then get the $2.5 mil cap saving then
    Quote Originally Posted by Reedpixuoff View Post