Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Re: Should Harbs gets fired if the lose out and lose first playoff game?

Nope. If we choose to embrace that mentality - and enforce it on a consistent basis - we'll end up like the Raiders.

Blog Entries

You know wham starting to see a trend here and if we are just hapoy with winning the division and making a playoff appearance and playing down to competition and lose close games because this coaching staff doesn't adjust consistently is consisntent , then sure keep harbs for another 10yrs...if mediocrity is what we want to achieve. I won't say fire him soon but they better be jumping his ass on making some changes ASAP!!

NO WAY he gets fired this year. 5 straight playoff bearths wont get you fired i am sorry. If the season does not end on a good note i think Harbs is FORCED to make changes but none will involve him. He is here for a while after 5 straight playoff bearhts. It will take a missed playoffs next year to put him on the hot seat and then another bad year the following year to get him fired. He has the same status as Tomlin, will Take a lot to get him fired. and yes Tomlin has a super bowl Harbs has a better record and 5 straight playoff bearths. Tomlin never had 3 straight seasons in the playoffs.

Billick was not fired after 2005 when a lot of people thought he would be but it took another losing season 2 seasons later to finally get him fired.

20 coaches wont make the playoffs. four who do will lose on wildcard weekend. Do you see 3/4ths of the teams in the league fire their coach every season?

Harbaugh isnt going anywhere. You would have to be delusional to even entertain the thought. Or just have a very poor grasp of how professional sports teams operate.

Ii
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    20 coaches wont make the playoffs. four who do will lose on wildcard weekend. Do you see 3/4ths of the teams in the league fire their coach every season?

Harbaugh isnt going anywhere. You would have to be delusional to even entertain the thought. Or just have a very poor grasp of how professional sports teams operate.
    Billick was fired under similar circumstances, has he lost the team? Coaches usually grow stale in 5-7 years. except great ones like Belicheat. The act grows old on the players. This is what we are talking about an EPIC collapse. 9-2 to 9-8, with a home playoff loss to rookie QB from INDY.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post

Coaches who have lost playoff games have been canned in the past.

Ya know, I've had the OP on ignore for quite some time now so I can't read anything he's posted in this thread.

Bet I can guess.

-Ravens need to lose in order to get rid of Harbaugh.
    -Harbaugh sucks.
    -He really hopes the Ravens lose the rest of their games so Harbaugh will get fired.

That about sum it up?

As a side note, this forum used to be one of the most intelligent places on the net for Raven's talk. Now we have idiotic threads like this one popping up all over the place.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Coaches who have lost playoff games have been canned in the past.
    And most of those teams came to regret it. Every single team who fired Marty Schottenheimer didn't take long to go down the crapper. The 49ers collapsed immediately after they let Steve Mariucci go. The Raiders fell apart one year after Al Davis traded Jon Gruden. The Oilers hit rock bottom almost immediately after firing Bum Phillips.

But the grass is always greener on the other side, right?

9. Re: Should Harbs gets fired if the lose out and lose first playoff game?

No, he shouldn't.

Yet.

But he better realize he is in danger of losing the player's faith in him by constantly blaming them to cover for his and Cam's deficiencies.

No more "the players need to execute"
    The players have reached the point where they don't want to hear that BS anymore.

I don't think you can make a credible argument to fire him after the extenuating circumstances that have been our ridiculous injuries this season.

Every team deals with injuries, but it's rare that nearly every 'star' player on a team gets hurt and misses a lot of time, to the extent we've been starting so many low round picks and bargain basement FA's. You could even make the argument that to do so and still remain competitive is actually a positive for Harbaugh.

I do think there are a lot of things he has done wrong (not least retaining Cam, but that's for another thousand threads another time), but when it all boils down to it he's done a pretty decent job. And you can't punish a man responsible for raising the standards so high in terms of consequtive playoff appearances that they are on the best run in the league.

Blog Entries

Look, I'm a huge Harbaugh supporter. I think he's been exactly what we needed to turn things around after Billick...

If we lose six straight, he won't get fired, that's not Bisciotti's MO. But, he'll be on the hot seat. That kind of collapse is one that transcends normal circumstances. If we had battled all year, going back and worth, and ended up 8-8, we would've said "okay, we were due for a tough year. Let's just try and come back next year"...

This team was 9-2. Let that sink in. We sat at 9-2. Yes, I know we face a murder's row at the end, but does that really matter? Do you want to think of your coach/team like "Well, they could've won if they faced easier teams, but they faced good ones, so oh well?" NO! You want to look at your team like "win or lose, let's make sure we've got a shot each week and play with some level of pride". Now, these Ravens, on some level, HAVE done that. We've only been blown out once, by Houston. Vs Steelers and Redskins, we were in it until the last drive or two. We had some good moments in those games. But in the end, you have the same piddly mistakes that continue to cost us games. If we have a coach who, rather than take those mistakes by the horn and wrestle the bull to the ground, instead goes "well, next time, maybe those mistakes don't matter. Instead, let's keep doing EXACTLY THE SAME THING WE DO EVERY WEEK and see how it turns out"? Then it could very well be time to start thinking about change.

Either him changing his views/ways he coaches, or finding someone who WILL address those problems.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

I really dont get the hate for Harbs. Even those that say "its because he hasnt fired Cam", as much as I hate Cam, you cant fire him when you have a lock out and cant get a new offense in place, and you cant fire him when hes gotten you 1 dropped/defended pass away from the SB. Even this year as much as I dislike the guy, we have the 9th highest scoring offense. Those 28 pts we put up, should have been enough to beat, on average, every team in the league except the Pats. the inconsistency is infuriating but hes still getting results that should lead to winning football. If half of our starting defense wasnt out, maybe Pees would be better, or at least good enough to win these last two and were looking at 11-2 instead of 9-4. we end up 12-4 or even 11-5 (one game off last year), with the injuries we have, Harbs probably gets an extension not fired.
    -JAB