Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vonta Leach

Blog Entries

Vonta Leach

If we hire shanahan i think there is a real shot leach comes back at a reduced salary. He is still the best FB in the game and shanahan uses fullbacks very well and i think he was the coordinator for houston when leach played there. Shanahan used darrell young, the redskins FB CREATIVELY and i think Shanny would want leach here.

Re: Vonta Leach

Isn't he already at a reduced salary?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Disagree. Look at his two back sets both in DC and in Houston.

Both backs were relatively the same back, relative size and skill. There wasn't a large bruiser that was leading the way.

If anything, given the contract situation, I think we're going to see more of the same with Rice and Pierce.

Blog Entries

very unlikely; keep in mind they also have Juice and could easily pick up a cheap back from the draft or UDFA

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    very unlikely; keep in mind they also have Juice and could easily pick up a cheap back from the draft or UDFA
    I think he's done, at least in Baltimore. He's had a 10 year career, last 3 with the Ravens and took home a Super Bowl ring. He's 32, Juice is cheaper and younger, so I feel he won't be wearing purple and black next season... Bc

Blog Entries

Juice is the future. Leach will be a cap casualty this offseason.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I think he's done, at least in Baltimore. He's had a 10 year career, last 3 with the Ravens and took home a Super Bowl ring. He's 32, Juice is cheaper and younger, so I feel he won't be wearing purple and black next season... Bc
    i agree

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Color him gone!

He was rarely used this past season. It would be very surprising if they re-sign him.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

I don't think the Ravens want to carry 5 backs (again) and would rather have 3 RB's and 1 FB than 2 RB's and 2 FB's like they did most of this season. So with that being said, I think Leach is gone in favor of a 3rd RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Juice is the future. Leach will be a cap casualty this offseason.
    I agree.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Really don't see this happening. I love Leach, but I think his time is done.

In both Houston and DC they utilized more of an H-back than a true full back. Don't see them investing in Leach.