Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Well...if Kubes Does Leave...

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    I love Ray lol
    If you hadn't quoted, I wouldn't have known that a video of Ray's comments were posted.....
    Ray was basically saying Cutler isn't a leader ... starting to sense a similarity between him and RG3, a proclivity to shift blame to teammates .... showing frustration after an incompletion .... up to RG3 verbally throwing them under the bus.

I was amazed that Jay Grueden came out and publically nailed RG3, listing his faults
    “Robert had some fundamental flaws,” Gruden said of Griffin’s game Sunday in a 27-7 loss to Tampa Bay. “His footwork was below average. He took three-step drops when he should have taken five. He took a one-step drop when he should have taken three, on a couple occasions, and that can’t happen. He stepped up when he didn’t have to step up and stepped into pressure. He read the wrong side of the field a couple times. So from his basic performance just critiquing Robert it was not even close to being good enough to what we expect from the quarterback position.”
    http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-r...-redskins-park

Ray seemed to be getting at the same kind of things with Cutler, that he has incredible ability that is not translating to consistancy on the field, and seemed to suggest that it was putting in the required (or above and beyond required) practice/study until things become reflexive and it didn't appear that Cutler had progressed to doing this ... it ended up with Ray's soliloquy on leadership/being a leader but the groundwork for that started earlier with laying the foundation of leadership ... Trent Dilfer started it with long leash on a QB with ability, then Young talked about the need for putting in time with reps, film..... and Ray capped it off that he hasn't shown leadership (inclusive of time, heart ....)

Kubiak would fail with Cutler, because unless Cutler changes from what he is/has been, he is a coach killer.
    Eerily similar to RG3 who killed Shanahan (Kyle but it also took down his father), and is going to do it to Jay Grueden if the danny decides the team will keep RG3.

The team that Cutler ended up helping the most was Denver
    The Chicago Bears acquired disgruntled Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler in a trade on Thursday afternoon, giving up quarterback Kyle Orton and first-round picks in 2009 (18th overall) and 2010, along with a third-round pick (84th overall) in 2009 to do it.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4037373 and cost Lovie Smith his job
    Any coach that is smart will stay far away from Cutler and Kubes hopefully is smart enough that if he is offered and takes an HC job that he declines the current Chicago situation, he and his health doesn't need it..... Falcco is coachable, a world of difference from there.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Great post Rxdoxx. Thanks for the links.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    He gets a roster bonus and a workout bonus. Between this year and next, he is guaranteed something like 38 million dollars. The GM should be fired, period.
    There is a lot of chatter about that happening. Benching Cutler isn't going to save anyones job. Cutler was there for 4 years before the extension. They knew exactly what they had. Emery was not the one who traded for Cutler and gave him that first big deal. He could have gotten out with no one criticizing him for giving up so much to trade for Cutler. Instead he digs himself a deeper hole.

If Emery does get fired the next GM is going to be stuck with that Cutler contract. He's going to come in promising to find a coach who will fix Cutler. It's going to be the same problem. Just like in Washington these coaches can't always fix the player. They think they can and say they will but they really need their own guy. The Bears are going to have issues the next couple of years.

Bears need to trade Cutler, bad. Take a pile of used jock straps. Seriously. Trading him would be the very definition of addition by subtraction. Cap implications for a trade are, well not great but not awful either. There's got to be some stupid GM that would take Cutler and think they are getting a steal if all they had to do was trade away a conditional 7th round pick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Bears need to trade Cutler, bad. Take a pile of used jock straps. Seriously. Trading him would be the very definition of addition by subtraction. Cap implications for a trade are, well not great but not awful either. There's got to be some stupid GM that would take Cutler and think they are getting a steal if all they had to do was trade away a conditional 7th round pick.
    No one will trade for that contract. Their only options are to cut him and take the hit which means paying him 15M next year, or keep him.

They could ask him to restructure his contract but he has no incentive to do so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    No one will trade for that contract. Their only options are to cut him and take the hit which means paying him 15M next year, or keep him.
    Right man. This is the kind of thing that happens in ML baseball. Players are signed to long-term (7 years or more) contracts, but after 3 or 4 years the team regrets it's decision... Bc
    P.S. - thank goodness NFL football works in a different way, except for rare occasions.
    Non-guaranteed contracts make for better competition on the field. That is one reason why the NFL rules.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Right man. This is the kind of thing that happens in ML baseball. Players are signed to long-term (7 years or more) contracts, but after 3 or 4 years the team regrets it's decision... Bc
    P.S. - thank goodness NFL football works in a different way, except for rare occasions.
    Non-guaranteed contracts make for better competition on the field. That is one reason why the NFL rules.
    Except in MLB there is no cap, and honestly I think some teams (cough, cough, Yankees, cough) don't regret their decisions at all. They are paying A-Fraud $22MM this year to maybe be a part-time DH. They have routinely paid players millions of dollars to play for other teams, after the player no longer performs to the level of money they are guaranteed. The biggest advantage high-dollar teams have does not lie in being able to go and sign great players; it lies in the fact that when they miss on those expensive players, it does not cripple the team for many years after the fact.

The beauty of the NFL is that the richest and poorest teams are all crippled equally by dumb-ass contracts like the one Jay Cutler got.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

I really don't think Cutler is a bad QB. He's better than alot of guys around the league. But it really boils down to. You have 2 elite wr's. A top RB. A pretty damn good TE. There's no way that team shouldn't be easily in a WC. Yeah you have Rodgers in your division so that's hard. But you should be a shoe in fir the 5 seed without any problem.

Blog Entries

See, this is what gets on my nerves as a fan, when it comes to QBs. Guys like Andy Dalton and Jay Cutler are given every possible opportunity to succeed. Andy Dalton has AJ Green, Mohammed Sanu, a plethora of TEs (Although Gresham isn't the same, honestly, I don't think he was used properly to begin with, he's not a blocker), one of the best offensive lines in the league over the past few years, AND a quality Offensive Coordinator.

Jay Cutler has been given even more chances than Dalton and just as much surrounding talent, although his offensive line this year has not been all that. He's had good lines in Denver, and Brandon Marshall. Now has Marshall, Jeffrey AND Matt Forte.

They pretty much have to crash and burn three times over before fans and media alike get the hint that they ain't cuttin' it.

Yet, Joe Flacco, whose best WR in any given year is a 35 year old WR at the tail end of his career, has had 1 WR drafted for him in the first three rounds in 7 years, has had a bad OC who did some good things for him during his first and second year, but overstayed his welcome by another two and a half years. A run blocking offensive line that really hasn't given him time except for a short stint in 12' and this season, whose in a position right now where this is arguably is best collection of pass catching talent (A 35 Yr Old WR who drops too many passes, a 2nd Round deep threat who drops way too many passes, a glorified kick returner, 2 UDFAs, a late round slot WR whose barely been on the field and an aging TE made of glass), that he's ever had.

Yet HE, who has already won a Super Bowl, has more playoff victories than all except maybe 3 QBs in the league, has a Super Bowl MVP and a record setting individual postseason run, gets shitted on in a game where he only throws 2 TDs.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I wonder if the Bears will gun for Jim Harbaugh?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    See, this is what gets on my nerves as a fan, when it comes to QBs. Guys like Andy Dalton and Jay Cutler are given every possible opportunity to succeed. Andy Dalton has AJ Green, Mohammed Sanu, a plethora of TEs (Although Gresham isn't the same, honestly, I don't think he was used properly to begin with, he's not a blocker), one of the best offensive lines in the league over the past few years, AND a quality Offensive Coordinator.

Jay Cutler has been given even more chances than Dalton and just as much surrounding talent, although his offensive line this year has not been all that. He's had good lines in Denver, and Brandon Marshall. Now has Marshall, Jeffrey AND Matt Forte.

They pretty much have to crash and burn three times over before fans and media alike get the hint that they ain't cuttin' it.

Yet, Joe Flacco, whose best WR in any given year is a 35 year old WR at the tail end of his career, has had 1 WR drafted for him in the first three rounds in 7 years, has had a bad OC who did some good things for him during his first and second year, but overstayed his welcome by another two and a half years. A run blocking offensive line that really hasn't given him time except for a short stint in 12' and this season, whose in a position right now where this is arguably is best collection of pass catching talent (A 35 Yr Old WR who drops too many passes, a 2nd Round deep threat who drops way too many passes, a glorified kick returner, 2 UDFAs, a late round slot WR whose barely been on the field and an aging TE made of glass), that he's ever had.

Yet HE, who has already won a Super Bowl, has more playoff victories than all except maybe 3 QBs in the league, has a Super Bowl MVP and a record setting individual postseason run, gets shitted on in a game where he only throws 2 TDs.
    A lot of really good points here. I mean, I'm sure Cutler and Dalton have gotten a lot of criticism too, but on the point of Flacco, he really is overcriticized and underappreciated by many.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not so sure about that. First of all there are a bunch of teams with basically no one at QB and the draft isn't gonna help them. Where do they turn?

Take Tennessee for instance. If TB stays with the #1 pick and gets Mariota, do the Titans then go for Winston? At this point I am not sure Winston is rated that high. On the other hand they could trade for the former hometown player Cutler (went to Vandy remember) and get him for literally nothing.

Now look at Cutler's contract and you'll see that it is not actually an awful awful contract to assume. If Chicago trades him they still have a $4M cap hit. Not good but hey they get rid of the guy and it sure looks better than Ray Rice's dead money on our team right? Now the team that trades for him: in 2015 Cutler's salary is just $15.5M. In 2016 $16M. And after that....hardly any guaranteed money so you can cut him if he fails. So if a team trades for him, it is basically for a two year trial and at no time is the contract crazy rich-unlike say what the Ravens are paying Ngata now or what they are supposed to pay Flacco in 2016 ($28.55M).

In a trade, Tennessee could possibly make Chicago take on say Michael Oher's contract if they are regretting that deal. At any rate I don't see Cutler's contract is that awful for a QB needy team that has no real prospect for finding a QB in the draft.