Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2324252627 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

State of the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I really hope thats what was said
    I'm not ready to trash the team yet till I see the draft and Free agency. They fuck that up I have no problems running the team into the ground I like what Wink has said and I'm glad they kept Marty (you just can't keep switching up Ocs your never going to be able to draft/sign players that fit. Let everyone get another year in the same offense. Actually give Mm some pieces to work with). I don't get all the Wink hate. Everyone wants new fresh blood yet they all wanted recycled DCs that just doesn't make sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: State of the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    There are a few things to consider here.

1.) A while back, Tony made the point that he feels Ozzie has been more diplomatic with Harbaugh's desires, as Harbaugh actually pounds the desk for what he wants more than Billick did. While I would expect most fans to think that it's the other way around. Tony also said that he felt DeCosta would be more likely to stand against Harbaugh and hold his ground.

2.) They have yet to do the State of the Ravens Address. There is just something wrong with the idea that Steve Bisciotti hasn't come out yet and put his stamp on everything. Last year, he came out rather quickly and declared that he wasn't making any changes. In other words, 'Stop bitching about firing everybody, because that ain't happening.' He has not done that this year.

3.) We have known for a long time that need factors in heavily to the Ravens' BPA formula. This has been the crux of many post-draft debates, when some have said that Ozzie felt a player was the BPA and that's how the board fell. While others such as myself have contended that need weighed heavily into that BPA. Thus, certain positions are far more often going to get the shaft.

I don't think anyone here expects DeCosta to be here waiting behind Ozzie forever. He has been here a long time. Now, a good question that's been asked is why DeCosta didn't interview for the Giants job or Packers job. I don't have an answer for that one.

Otherwise, I'm just noting things to keep in mind.
    I think he already did it someone in OC. But that said, I think the delay is due to the pitchfork crowd, of which I am one. I think they're figuring that if they wait a few weeks, people will calm down somewhat or be otherwise distracted and they can get through the presser without a lot of bloodletting.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    For all anyone knows Steve could have sat in the interview with wink. He could have said I'm sick of this bend but don't break bullshit. I've payed all this money/ draft capital for defense how would you drive this Ferrari. Wink could have laid out his Vision of an attacking down hill defense (very similar to Rex) and Steve gave it the thumbs up. He's had success working with lbs he comes off the Ryan tree in okay giving him a shot. But I want pressure I want qbs punished. I want receivers punished. I don't even care if there's an occasional 15 yards attached as long as you make it worth it

LOL that is what we heard from Pees when he got the job yet none of that happened too often.

You say he had success with LBS? Well ok, but there has been equal if not more disappointment.

Arthur Brown
    Kamalei Correa
    John Simon
    Tim Williams
    Bowser

Yeah i get the verdict is still out on some of these guys but a lot of teams draft LBS and they start, play and impact immediately, they don't take 3 years to see the field

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    LOL that is what we heard from Pees when he got the job yet none of that happened too often.

You say he had success with LBS? Well ok, but there has been equal if not more disappointment.

Arthur Brown
    Kamalei Correa
    John Simon
    Tim Williams
    Bowser

Yeah i get the verdict is still out on some of these guys but a lot of teams draft LBS and they start, play and impact immediately, they don't take 3 years to see the field
    I can't blame him for Correa I doubt it was his idea to but him at MLB Simon only was here what a year can't give him a grade based on that. Same with Williams and Bowser unless I'm wrong and the LB coach decides what packages are going in when. Or who gets what playing time. Didn't he say he wants to put guys in a position to succeed, that seems like the opposite of pees to me.

can we do a mock STOR?
    we need ozi, biscuit, harbs and eric. dick is useless he usually says one sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I can't blame him for Correa I doubt it was his idea to but him at MLB Simon only was here what a year can't give him a grade based on that. Same with Williams and Bowser unless I'm wrong and the LB coach decides what packages are going in when. Or who gets what playing time. Didn't he say he wants to put guys in a position to succeed, that seems like the opposite of pees to me.

Do you think Pees thought he wasn't putting guys in to succeed? He thought he was doing the right thing, just wasn't most of the time.

How do you not blame him for Simon or Correa? Simon was let go 1 year after being drafted and he not only cracked the line up started for the Texans who had a better LB unit than we do.

How about Correa? Why not, he is a 2nd round pick, LB who was position no matter OLB or ILB was still a LB and coached by this guy.

So there is plenty of things to question why WINK was supposedly the "Right guy" to be given the job.

If he gets the praise for Zach Orr, he sure as hell gets the bad for the busts early picks he supposed to coach.

Losing Simon is beyond me, he was one hell of a college player and been decent with the Texans and Colts

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Do you think Pees thought he wasn't putting guys in to succeed? He thought he was doing the right thing, just wasn't most of the time.

How do you not blame him for Simon or Correa? Simon was let go 1 year after being drafted and he not only cracked the line up started for the Texans who had a better LB unit than we do.

How about Correa? Why not, he is a 2nd round pick, LB who was position no matter OLB or ILB was still a LB and coached by this guy.

So there is plenty of things to question why WINK was supposedly the "Right guy" to be given the job.

If he gets the praise for Zach Orr, he sure as hell gets the bad for the busts early picks he supposed to coach.

Losing Simon is beyond me, he was one hell of a college player and been decent with the Texans and Colts
    So you think the linebacker coach is in charge of cutting somebody? I could counter that and say Wink coached him up and he turned into a starter the next year. For all we know Wink wanted Correa olb.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I know we all love suggs.... but he's part of the problem. He's lost a step and is literally always 1-2 steps away from making a play. We need to move on.

I still think a more traditional 4-3 is a better way to build a defense. We're stuck trying to recreate Rex's defense without Rex

This is an excellent and underappreciated point. We have no edge rushers at this point worth much. The guys we drafted have not shown too much (so far at least) and without that in this scheme, all the pressure falls on the CB and LB. I am sorry but our CBs are good (not great without Jimmy) and our LBs are slightly above average. (I am not a big rah rah Mosely guy)...so...it sets up a situation in which they are forced to cover for more than 4 seconds which is a lifetime. This is why we are good at stuffing the run but bad when spread out. Without some significant movement on our rushers via more development, draft, or free agency...and a change in defensive scheme, we are going to be forced to put up 20+ points to win games.

With the offence the way it is, do you think that we can do that consistently over the course of an entire season?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    can we do a mock STOR?
    we need ozi, biscuit, harbs and eric. dick is useless he usually says one sentence
    This is a brilliant idea with potential to be an all-time thread. I want to take the low hanging fruit and be Johnny.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KingSerg View Post
    This is an excellent and underappreciated point. We have no edge rushers at this point worth much. The guys we drafted have not shown too much (so far at least) and without that in this scheme, all the pressure falls on the CB and LB. I am sorry but our CBs are good (not great without Jimmy) and our LBs are slightly above average. (I am not a big rah rah Mosely guy)...so...it sets up a situation in which they are forced to cover for more than 4 seconds which is a lifetime. This is why we are good at stuffing the run but bad when spread out. Without some significant movement on our rushers via more development, draft, or free agency...and a change in defensive scheme, we are going to be forced to put up 20+ points to win games.

With the offence the way it is, do you think that we can do that consistently over the course of an entire season?
    We really need to come up with a McPhee type player who can come in and rush up the middle. That with hopefully some growth from Bowser and Judon would really really help

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

I think the delay is a combination of mostly what others have said.

1. Let everyone chill out and calm down (including themselves)
    2. Plan for next year
    3. Plan for drafting priorities
    4. Plan for how to answer questions about the draft and needs to give answers that don't tip their hands and provide false intel to hopefully disguise their true intentions. All while trying to calm the pitchforks down. - not easy.
    5. Natural cycles of availability are not aligned for a quick delivery (normal stuff)
    6. Plan how to take questions about protests (their main fear, seriously)
    7. Plan for discussion of pricing and attendance (complicated)
    8. Figure out who delivers which messages and how they can all stay together in this, normally not tough, but with all factors, this year will be tough
    9. Potential unseen issues (Ozzie or other considerations - remember what he said? He's done when it isn't fun anymore, Clarence may be weighing on him, might not be fun, Eric not taking the packers interview with very quiet, less than crickets, discussion of his turning it down. Plus Ozzie said to Steve Smith Sr that he needed to take a few weeks to make his decision and not to rush it, he might be considering his options.

The last one has me thinking hard about what might be coming up...

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Last point is

10. what they are going to do about Joe and how not to tip their hand if they are drafting high for a qb. If they are going to do this they really don't want to tip off others so they can get their guy at 16 or trade up for him.