Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: I was at the game yesterday, my two cents

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    Agree here. In fact, I hope our next to next QB is Aaron Rodgers 2.0.

I actually am kind of looking forward to the distinct possibility that we draft another QB with a decent pick, and he turns out to be total shit all the time. And we spend like 2-3 years before we realize he's never going to turn it around.

And then that coaching staff/GM gets fired (whoever they are at that point), and we draft a future HOF QB after like a 3-13 season.

There are times when I think the fanbase has very much earned the right to see what real garbage looks like for a few years. The kind of garbage that will make us look back on the 2016 team and say "that 2016 team would have beaten the piss out of the time we have now". That level of bad.

And the sad thing is... most of the fans that have earned that actually have already seen what that looks like... they either ignored it, forgot about it, or just don't want to remember it. Sometimes a good reminder is in order...
    I really think there is a large portion of this fan base...that has only become a fan in recent years. The early/mid 00's are a long time ago at this point. I find it hard to believe anyone that was a fan of the team through the Billick years is eagerly awaiting the end of the Flacco era in Baltimore. I'm also not sure why so many seem to be convinced that whoever they go with post-Flacco is going to be as good or better than he is. I'd really say the odds of that, based on overall view of the NFL and of just the Ravens and their history, are slim that they'll transition right to someone "good".

I was around, I was in the stands watching Boller and Wright play. I remember what it was like. And I just don't see how anyone who was can be so eager to jump back into the QB carousel.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I really think there is a large portion of this fan base...that has only become a fan in recent years. The early/mid 00's are a long time ago at this point. I find it hard to believe anyone that was a fan of the team through the Billick years is eagerly awaiting the end of the Flacco era in Baltimore. I'm also not sure why so many seem to be convinced that whoever they go with post-Flacco is going to be as good or better than he is. I'd really say the odds of that, based on overall view of the NFL and of just the Ravens and their history, are slim that they'll transition right to someone "good".

I was around, I was in the stands watching Boller and Wright play. I remember what it was like. And I just don't see how anyone who was can be so eager to jump back into the QB carousel.
    Thank you I've been saying this. They truly have forgotten how terrible Redmond Wrights Banks Boller Casey etc etc were. Plus add in the fact there are a lot of other jumping in soon too. Pit Nyg Sdg Arz Nor then add in all the teams that flop with the young ones they have drafted and add in the ones who just don't have one. not a ride I'm wanting to jump right on.

yeah...thats why I told people look at our draft history... it could be 20 years before we find the next QB thats at flacco or better's skill.... chances are we are going to draft multiple Wrights, and a few bollers.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Thank you I've been saying this. They truly have forgotten how terrible Redmond Wrights Banks Boller Casey etc etc were. Plus add in the fact there are a lot of other jumping in soon too. Pit Nyg Sdg Arz Nor then add in all the teams that flop with the young ones they have drafted and add in the ones who just don't have one. not a ride I'm wanting to jump right on.
    everyone will be looking for a QB this year... this is probably the worst year in a long time to draft a QB

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    everyone will be looking for a QB this year... this is probably the worst year in a long time to draft a QB
    ...except it's supposed to be the best QB class in a long time.

Emphansis on "supposed to be".

Smart post, Spider. I appreciate your perspective on Joe particularly.

I'm a bit defeated myself.
    The team is hard to watch right now, but I do enjoy watching the youngsters for flashes and improvement trends.

Wish I could watch and enjoy Maclin going 5/60/1 or 6/90/0 every other game *sigh*
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Smart post, Spider. I appreciate your perspective on Joe particularly.

I'm a bit defeated myself.
    The team is hard to watch right now, but I do enjoy watching the youngsters for flashes and improvement trends.

Wish I could watch and enjoy Maclin going 5/60/1 or 6/90/0 every other game *sigh*
    Yeah, I used to watch in anticipation every week. But now, it's hard to get pumped up when everyone, Flacco and Harbaugh especially, look as though they just don't give a shit.
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    ...except it's supposed to be the best QB class in a long time.

Emphansis on "supposed to be".
    Jets
    Dolphins
    Patriots*
    San Fran
    Arizona
    Jax
    Buffalo
    Redskins*
    Saints
    Vikings
    Chargers
    Ravens
    Steelers

All teams that could consider a First Round QB. I starred the Pats and Redskins because While I dont htink they need one, they havent committed to Cousins yet ( he could ask for 28-30 million ) and Pats are toying with Garrapalo *allegedly*
    Last edited by HbgPARavenfan; 10-03-2017 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Forgot the NYG

I think there's a difference between "get rid of Flacco" and "let's start trying to draft a replacement." Granted, I'm sure there are a lot of people blindly in the "get rid of Flacco camp," but I think it's reasonable to want to start thinking of the next QB. The sooner we start looking for a replacement, the sooner we're likely to find one worth building around. We're locked into Flacco being on the roster for 2018 and 2019. It'd be nice to have options come 2020.

Blog Entries

Big difference between wanting to ‘get rid of Flacco’ and preparing to move on. Almost everyone whose looking at the possibility of having to move on would MUCH prefer if he would just start playing better. Getting on fire on finishing this season 10-6 is a much better scenario to everyone here than having a 5-11 season and looking a high draft pick. Fact is that if we do have a 5-11 season then it should be painfully obvious to everyone that its time move on from the Flacco/Harbaugh era.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    I think there's a difference between "get rid of Flacco" and "let's start trying to draft a replacement." Granted, I'm sure there are a lot of people blindly in the "get rid of Flacco camp," but I think it's reasonable to want to start thinking of the next QB. The sooner we start looking for a replacement, the sooner we're likely to find one worth building around. We're locked into Flacco being on the roster for 2018 and 2019. It'd be nice to have options come 2020.
    Only locked in for 2018. Seeing a lot of that “2 years’ stuff here.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Only locked in for 2018. Seeing a lot of that “2 years’ stuff here.
    Yea, my bad. Meant to say locked in for 2017 and 2018, nice to have options in 2019. We save 10.5mil if we let him go in 2019. So if we've found a replacement by then it becomes a legitimate option.