Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

75yrs After D-Day.

Ravens fam lets take 5 mins and think about the brave /crazy/ patriotic men who risked and gave their lives for our freedom.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

Re: 75yrs After D-Day.

All gave some ...some gave all.

I think abiut it every day of my life. I'm thankful for the men and women that came before me to pave the way for the freedom we have today to make our choices regardless of others opinions.

I looked up to the men and the women before me in the armed forces. Let's not forget the families: spouses, daughters, sons, mothers, fathers that lost loved ones for us to do what we do today.

Even if you don't support the "system" of what our country is founded upon, you can damn sure support the people that sacrificed us to criticize that system.

Semper Fi
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Of all people...Amber Theoharris actually had a FANTASTIC take on what DDay means...

“When remembering the allies D-Day victory, take the time to imagine what the world would be today if they lost. What was on the line? The entire continent of Europe save the UK & parts of Russia were under the control of a maniacal tyrant, the US could’ve been next.

The genocide of Jews, Africans, Eastern Europeans, homosexuals , the disabled would’ve led to the annihilation of entire populations. Evil was taking over the world. The US was losing the war... until these boys ran into a hailstorm of bullets because it was the last option.

Failure would’ve ensured a Nazi victory and the war lost. A thank you seems insufficient. They truly were the greatest generation. Please... tell your kids about these men. Don’t ever forget they saved the world.”

GOOSEBUMPS!

To not know the historical ramifications of the actions of these men on this day 75 years ago is to not know what has made America great.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Of all people...Amber Theoharris actually had a FANTASTIC take on what DDay means...

“When remembering the allies D-Day victory, take the time to imagine what the world would be today if they lost. What was on the line? The entire continent of Europe save the UK & parts of Russia were under the control of a maniacal tyrant, the US could’ve been next.

The genocide of Jews, Africans, Eastern Europeans, homosexuals , the disabled would’ve led to the annihilation of entire populations. Evil was taking over the world. The US was losing the war... until these boys ran into a hailstorm of bullets because it was the last option.

Failure would’ve ensured a Nazi victory and the war lost. A thank you seems insufficient. They truly were the greatest generation. Please... tell your kids about these men. Don’t ever forget they saved the world.”

GOOSEBUMPS!

To not know the historical ramifications of the actions of these men on this day 75 years ago is to not know what has made America great.
    Or just have them watch Band of Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Or just have them watch Band of Brothers
    One of the best series of all time.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I think abiut it every day of my life. I'm thankful for the men and women that came before me to pave the way for the freedom we have today to make our choices regardless of others opinions.

I looked up to the men and the women before me in the armed forces. Let's not forget the families: spouses, daughters, sons, mothers, fathers that lost loved ones for us to do what we do today.

Even if you don't support the "system" of what our country is founded upon, you can damn sure support the people that sacrificed us to criticize that system.

Semper Fi

Blog Entries

One of the best series of all time.
    Easily top 3

Easily top 3
    I look at it a tad differently since it's a mini series. So it doesn't fit the same criteria as say the wire or braking bad. But it's a top ten watch easily.

Blog Entries

I look at it a tad differently since it's a mini series. So it doesn't fit the same criteria as say the wire or braking bad. But it's a top ten watch easily.
    Agreed. I guess I mean top 3 to watch but definitely in a different category

Agreed. I guess I mean top 3 to watch but definitely in a different category
    I hear ya. I'd there was one show that I would pick to have a binge day with some buddies in the man cave and drink... That would be it.

As a Marine I was obviously hoping the pacific would be better, but I pride myself on being objective... It's not close which one is better.

I hear ya. I'd there was one show that I would pick to have a binge day with some buddies in the man cave and drink... That would be it.

As a Marine I was obviously hoping the pacific would be better, but I pride myself on being objective... It's not close which one is better.
    Agreed. Pacific is good ...but Easy Company is much better.