Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

Does anyone have any ideas as to what philosophy Pees brings as DC?

Can we lay off Cam. He called the plays to get us to the AFCCG. He called the plays to get us as close to a W as you can get. Come on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Since when do the ravens have bandwagon fans, we are not the steelers. Also no one is "giving up on the season" it will just have lost a bit of luster watching this same offence under perform.
    :word

I would never give up on a season. I would however watch it will lowered expectations if Cam we retained.

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Since when do the ravens have bandwagon fans, we are not the steelers. Also no one is "giving up on the season" it will just have lost a bit of luster watching this same offence under perform.
    Sure there are some. Not calling anyone here a bandwagon fan.

As for it "loosing luster" well, sucks for you guys...I am excited about this team and to watch guys get better and grow and see how far we can go. If anybody allows the fact that someone didn't get fired from a team that went 12-4 and was a play away from getting into the Super Bowl, well, I don't know what else to say.

This will be a hell of a team again, and I'm excited to see if we can get over the hump again.

This will be a hell of a team again, and I'm excited to see if we can get over the hump again.
    How many HUMPS do we need to get over????

It seems like every hump we have been hitting is the same exact hump. We can not finish the game on offense.... idk about you but im getting tired of hitting the same hump for 4 years in a row someone needs to be blamed and its pretty obvious who is at blame and needs to go.....

5. Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

I understand the fan disapproval of bringing Cam back, but at the end of the day who are you gonna replace him w/? Also, it is pretty tough to fire a guy that helped the team go 12-4 this year.

I think if Joe continues to progress and look the way he did in the AFCG, then a lot of the fire the Off Coordinator talk goes away.

Go out and grab a Vincent Jackson and I really think this is a top 8 offense next year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Sure there are some. Not calling anyone here a bandwagon fan.

As for it "loosing luster" well, sucks for you guys...I am excited about this team and to watch guys get better and grow and see how far we can go. If anybody allows the fact that someone didn't get fired from a team that went 12-4 and was a play away from getting into the Super Bowl, well, I don't know what else to say.

That hump for the past 4 years has been the offense.. actually it's always been the offense.

To get over the hump we need to score more points. I believe the talent is there, just not sure it's been used effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    How many HUMPS do we need to get over????

It seems like every hump we have been hitting is the same exact hump. We can not finish the game on offense.... idk about you but im getting tired of hitting the same hump for 4 years in a row someone needs to be blamed and its pretty obvious who is at blame and needs to go.....
    I don't know what to tell you, I get very frustrated too, but there are 2 main points here that everyone is ignoring...

A...we could have easily gotten over the hump WITH Cam if guys could finish plays

and

B...There is no gaurantee that anybody we would replace him with would be better. Again, you can't just say "hey, go hire the Saints QB coach" because the Saints (and every team) can block positional coaches from interviewing and taking coordinator jobs.

So in the end, either enjoy winning football, or don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That hump for the past 4 years has been the offense.. actually it's always been the offense.

To get over the hump we need to score more points. I believe the talent is there, just not sure it's been used effectively.
    Well considering we can't count on guys to catch crucial passes, I don't think the talent has always been there at least not clutch talent.

Thats exactly it! It's not that Cam has not done a good job here.... But, with the talent he has on the offense he def not using it to his advantage. Some one said it in another post and it was spot on. Cam wants players to play to his scheme , he doesn't scheme to what his players are best at. I feel this offense can go to new heights if you take advantage of their strengths but Cam sure the hell does not seem to want to conform to their strengths.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

I disagree with this, the D got smoked by Matt Hasslebeck and Kenny Britt, they got smoked by Tarvaris Jackson and Marshawn Lynch, they gave up a 2 TD lead to Houston, and they're also responsible for getting smoked by Rivers.

I'll give them the Seahawks game because the amount of ST's fumbles put the D in a lot of really tough sitations with a short field, but that Chargers loss and the loss to Tennessee fell mostly because the D couldn't stop the passing game and couldn't get to the QB. If one of those games are a win then there is a distinct possibility that the Ravens host the AFCCG and not New England.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

The thing folks need to remember is that if the powers that be in the Ravens organization feel that there is no one out there who can do a better job then why make a change?

It would be stupid and bad business to hire someone that they didn't believe could do a better job.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The thing folks need to remember is that if the powers that be in the Ravens organization feel that there is no one out there who can do a better job then why make a change?

It would be stupid and bad business to hire someone that they didn't believe could do a better job.
    That's the thing, people want a change just for change without knowing anything about other potential candidates...their philosophies, success, or even if they are available.

Blog Entries

I despise the thinking of "Cam isn't great, but who are you going to replace him with?". That's Harbaugh's f-ing job. Nobody knew who Josh McDaniels was before he took over the Patriots offense. What about Joe Philbin? Or from within the division, Jay Gruden? There are plenty of guys out there who aren't necessarily big names or people we even know of at this point but who could do a fantastic job of coordinating the offense. I'm not saying Cam was awful this entire year, or that I'm going to be incredibly pissed if he indeed stays, but the fact that it appears they haven't even gone out and explored other options, to me, is a complete joke.