Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nick Boyle

1. Re: Nick Boyle

Quote Originally Posted by MidtownP View Post
    Our rookie FB who should have never been drafted in the first place because he had no obvious spot on the roster. Mason is BTW a street free agent right now. Outside of literally one coach and one team (who always looks south for players because our organizations are structured the same way, as are the type of players they bring in), he has no value. Just like Tomlinson.
    I count at least six teams who leverage the run game as much as we do or who have direct organizational ties to the Ravens, all of whom I could easily see poaching a blocking TE: 1) Pats, 2) Jets, 3) 49ers, 4) Browns (who would also simultaneously be damaging a division rival), 5) Eagles, and 6) Titans. And honorable mention to the Colts who would be one Jack Doyle injury away from being in the market for a blocking TE.

P.S.: The reason Ben Mason is on the street is because he burnt bridges like a moron; not that he provides no value to an NFL team.
    P.P.S.: What QtR said ^

2. Re: Nick Boyle

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    Maybe he just sucks. He’s a free agent…cut from Patriots practice squad and not signed by anybody else…if we wanted him back, I’m sure he’d take the paycheck.
    He might. Or maybe his feet never healed. Maybe he's an inveterate asshole and locker room cancer. Who knows?

I'm betting he burned some bridges by seeming to have spoken with the Ravens about a *wink wink* PS demotion and leaving the team in the lurch. And that kind of nonsense gets around the league pretty quickly.

He was, however, poached which most of us probably thought inconceivable at the time.

Blog Entries

Re: Nick Boyle

Boyle hasn't practiced all week and now saying unlikely to play

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Boyle hasn't practiced all week and now saying unlikely to play
    Remind me why we gave an extension to a guy coming off a major knee injury where his hamstring was ripped from the bone? We couldn’t have seen the Stanley deal blowing up in our face but we willingly walked into this one if Boyle can never get back to what he was.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Remind me why we gave an extension to a guy coming off a major knee injury where his hamstring was ripped from the bone? We couldn’t have seen the Stanley deal blowing up in our face but we willingly walked into this one if Boyle can never get back to what he was.
    if memory serves it gave them cap space for this year

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Not nearly as bad as the Pitta extension…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Not nearly as bad as the Pitta extension…

We may be saying the same thing about the Stanley extension before long...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    We may be saying the same thing about the Stanley extension before long...
    Let's pray that Stanley will be ready to go next season. Pitta's extension was harmful to the Ravens cap, but Stanley's nearly $100 million contract would absolutely crush their cap for several years to come if he isn't able to resume his career. Especially when you factor in Lamar's contract extension.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

I'm not ready to write Nick off yet. Used to be a torn ACL was considered a two-year injury. With all the stuff that happened to Boyle, it's possible that he just won't be back to full strength until next season. If he can come back to 90% of what he was, he is a valuable piece to this offense.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Let's pray that Stanley will be ready to go next season. Pitta's extension was harmful to the Ravens cap, but Stanley's nearly $100 million contract would absolutely crush their cap for several years to come if he isn't able to resume his career. Especially when you factor in Lamar's contract extension.
    It would only crush for 1 year since that bonus would all come rushing into the year he retired. The issue with Pitta was that he didn't retire. He just kept on going on IR. When that happens both the base salary and the bonus hit the cap. If Stanley retires next season the hit is $18.75 million. That's a lot but if with the cap going up it's still something they can deal with. If Stanley retired in 2023 the Ravens would actually save $1.5 million in cap space.

Contracts under DeCosta aren't as bad as they were under Ozzie because they aren't as backloaded. Of course when they get reworked to clear space in a current year all that planning goes out the window

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It would only crush for 1 year since that bonus would all come rushing into the year he retired. The issue with Pitta was that he didn't retire. He just kept on going on IR. When that happens both the base salary and the bonus hit the cap. If Stanley retires next season the hit is $18.75 million. That's a lot but if with the cap going up it's still something they can deal with. If Stanley retired in 2023 the Ravens would actually save $1.5 million in cap space.

Contracts under DeCosta aren't as bad as they were under Ozzie because they aren't as backloaded. Of course when they get reworked to clear space in a current year all that planning goes out the window
    Sorry, I am a little confused now. Stanley's cap hit for next season is $18.5M, but the dead cap space is $41.2M if he were to be cut or retired, right? Wouldn't that all accelerate into next year's cap if he were to retire? I thought it would unless he retired after June 1, then the Ravens could split that cap hit/dead cap space over 2 years. Is that not correct?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimor...stanley-18954/
    Last edited by Dirt1; 12-03-2021 at 05:10 PM.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Sorry, I am a little confused now. Stanley's cap hit for next season is $18.5M, but the dead cap space is $41.2M if he were to be cut or retired, right? Wouldn't that all accelerate into next year's cap if he were to retire? I thought it would unless he retired after June 1, then the Ravens could split that cap hit/dead cap space over 2 years. Is that not correct?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimor...stanley-18954/
    Retirees pay back bonus money not yet earned.