Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6263646566 LastLast

Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Thought experiment: Who would Al Davis draft this year?
    Terron Armstead at 1.3

How did Barrett Jones do at the combine? Any consensus? I really think that, given McKinnie might leave, there's a lot of things up in the air on the LT/LG/C spots.

How did Barrett Jones do at the combine? Any consensus? I really think that, given McKinnie might leave, there's a lot of things up in the air on the LT/LG/C spots.
    He had foot surgery like a month and a half ago. Looks like a 2nd rounder.

Blog Entries

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/cl...ake-clubs-wary

Interesting information on Ogletree.

For the record, I don't trust Manti Te'o. When I first heard that he said he ran in the 4.5s-4.6s, I was skeptical. He certainly doesn't play like that on tape.

I'll say it now, I think Te'o is a liar.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I've been willing to give Te'o the benefit of the doubt on EVERYTHING up to that comment. I don't give a fuck how tired you are or how many interviews you had, this is the combine. Run your best and if it's not great, don't make excuses, just say "I'm going to run again on my Pro Day and try and improve. I think I can do better and I think that on tape I play fast."

I'm totally off him now. He comes across as a guy who can never take responsibility for himself.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Thought experiment: Who would Al Davis draft this year?
    Cornelius Washington and the RB from Arkansas.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I've been willing to give Te'o the benefit of the doubt on EVERYTHING up to that comment. I don't give a fuck how tired you are or how many interviews you had, this is the combine. Run your best and if it's not great, don't make excuses, just say "I'm going to run again on my Pro Day and try and improve. I think I can do better and I think that on tape I play fast."

I'm totally off him now. He comes across as a guy who can never take responsibility for himself.
    :word

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I'd be pretty happy with walter football's latest Raven's mock:

1) Johnathan Hankins
    2) DJ Swearinger
    3) Da'Rick Rogers
    4) Tyrann Mathieu

Gotta laugh at Fox Sports on Te'o last night: "short, fat, and slow."

This is a very interesting thread, and I have learned a lot, for example: 50 guys will be chosen in the first round and about 170 in rounds 1 and 2. LOL

GO OZ!!!
    Last edited by houstonravensfan; 02-26-2013 at 11:56 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    I really don't see the need for a DB unless it's a safety. I realize you can never have too much depth or playmakers, but I feel like we have bigger needs for the mid rounds (front 7 on D, OL, TE)

However, I do like him
    I don't agree. Cary Williams is as good as gone, and Webb is coming back from a season-ending injury. Left are J. Smith, Corey Graham, Chykie Brown, and Asa Jackson. I think you'll see another CB added to the mix... Bc

Blog Entries

Mark May (who I think is a complete asshat btw) was pretty harsh on Te'o this morning on ESPN. Can't say that I really disagree with him.

May: "This guy has had a month and a half to prepare for the combine. He's had speed coaches. He's had strength coaches. He had positional coaches. He even is touting that he lost almost 10lbs to get faster...and all you could do was that? He is a mid to late 2nd rounder, at best. Any GM that drafts him in round 1 should be fired that same day."
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I'd be pretty happy with walter football's latest Raven's mock:

1) Johnathan Hankins
    2) DJ Swearinger
    3) Da'Rick Rogers
    4) Tyrann Mathieu
    I'd be thrilled with Hankins/Swearinger going 1-2. My guess is in round 3 we'd be looking at a linebacker, either an ILB or another rush OLB. And I'd also guess we trade up into that round and possibly take two players, which might include either WR or CB.