Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Tale of The Tape: Room To Run

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    nice overview.

I think Houston just ran into a buzzsaw last week with Pagano returning. This week is a different matter ;)
    Houston has been struggling since the NE game. In the last 4 games, Schaub has thrown 1 TD and 3 INTS with a QBR of 79.2.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Houston has been struggling since the NE game. In the last 4 games, Schaub has thrown 1 TD and 3 INTS with a QBR of 79.2.
    Yeah I know.. but they kinda stumbled in to the playoffs last year too and with a rookie QB.
    This one is tough to pick but I gotta believe Houston gets it done against Cinci

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I think Schaub is struggling. Kubiak better lean on Foster if he wants to advance.

Selfishly I hope they get knocked off though.

As much as I love Rice, I want to see a lot of Pierce and Leach early in this game. Let those two beat the hell out of their DL and LB for a bit then have Rice go to work.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    I think Schaub is struggling. Kubiak better lean on Foster if he wants to advance.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post

yup, much rather play NE then Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    nice overview.

I think Houston just ran into a buzzsaw last week with Pagano returning. This week is a different matter ;)
    Yes. Also, the fact that they beat division leader Houston in Indy, and the emotional rise they got out of that...you'd think they'd be primed for a letdown.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

8. Re: Tale of The Tape: Room To Run

I'm picking Cincy to win. I think they'll have motivation from last year's loss in Houston and I believe their front 7 will bottle up Foster and get after Schaub. Offensively if they can halt Watt a bit, they have a good chance. It should be a tight game, but definitely rooting for and picking the Bengals.

I just hope the offense can really hit a streak this postseason, they're going to have to. I think the D will really make a strong stand, but the O has to come to work this postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyotc View Post
    When they came into Baltimore everyone was sure we could run all over them. They put on a defensive clinic and made the Ravens look slow and foolish. I know it's not the same teams, but don't be surprised if the Colts muscle up and stifle the run.
    They knew in that game that McNair couldn't throw a deep ball, so they were able to concentrate their defense on the run, and the shorter passing game.

If they do stifle the run on Sunday, Caldwell has to move Joe out of the pocket sometimes (he should do that in any case, IMO.)
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by OriAl View Post
    They knew in that game that McNair couldn't throw a deep ball, so they were able to concentrate their defense on the run, and the shorter passing game.

If they do stifle the run on Sunday, Caldwell has to move Joe out of the pocket sometimes (he should do that in any case, IMO.)
    I don't anticipate the run being stifled but I would expect to see a couple of boots in the passing game. We have been able to get big plays out of that action and occasionally hit Leach for a catch and run.

11. Re: Tale of The Tape: Room To Run

The only way the Colts can stifle the run is by putting 8 or more in the box.
    They don't have a great D-line which is why they're ranked so low at stopping the run.
    When teams shut down Rice without putting extra men in the box, it's by getting penetration through Birk and whoever's at LG.
    Birk can't handle the power of the better DTs/NTs, which the Colts don't have.

Rice and Pierce are going to have strong games, probably comparable to what they did to the Giants.