Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 71727374 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Week 6 - Ravens vs The State of TX - GAME THREAD

I'd take good performances and a 4-1 start over amazing performances and a 2-3 start.

Blog Entries

It's the RZ offense, which has been a problem for a little while with this team.

That was a damn good game. Everyone one had a good game. Rice, Boldin,
    T. Smith and most importantly Flacco. Flacc wasn't pretty with a 5 td game but man he stood up when he needed to. What can you say about this D? Simply awesome. ST? Five FG's and how many touchbacks?

This was the eptimoe of a complete team victory.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    It's the RZ offense, which has been a problem for a little while with this team.
    I honestly put a lot of that on Cam.

The play calling in the RZ today was so plane-jane.

I mean, they need to execute better, but I think that the innovation and creativity inside the 20 has been really bad this season.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Not perfect by any stretch but kept our lead in the division and saw off a good team. Please hurry back Ben Grubbs
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

6. Re: Week 6 - Ravens vs The State of TX - GAME THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Considering the number of hits Flacco took today, I thought he did a darn good job.

A lot of QB's wouldn't handle that well, but he kept hanging in there to make those tough throws.
    You're right.

I cant wait to get Grubbs back, Flacco was getting Blasted.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    John Harbaugh should run up to Kubiak and pound him in the back and yell "Fuck yeah!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    He's not spoiled he's just pointing out the Facts.

that wasn't a great offensive output. There should have been a 40 burger on the score board. We wont get away with all those Field goals vs a team with a lot of offensive fire power.

That said, i love the win. Defense did its thing as usual, I think Ray Rice is the best back in the league, or 1B. Flacco was okay, not great.

I love seeing Torrey Smith get involved like that.
    I don't understand what people want.

Flacco was close to 60% for 305 yards, 1 INT, 1 fumble and a rushing TD. Considering how much pressure Joe was under today, I'll take those stats.

Yes, I would prefer to not have the kicker have to nail five FGs but how often did we have good field position? None. Our offense actually drove down the field for the points.

As for putting 40 up on the board, how often do you see that in the NFL? Not very often at all. In fact, our offense is, with two games left to play, the highest scoring offense of the week.

With the game on the line, Joe stood up and made the plays we needed. Ray Rice continues to be a beast and Smith is a stud in the making.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

The biggest complaint today is that we were poor in the red zone. You can't go there four times and get one TD. That isn't going to cut it going forward. I thought Cam's playcalling once we were down there was very bland and unimaginative.

Regardless of everything else that happened in the game today, you have to be very happy with how the ravens closed the game out. Unlike last year where you were biting your nails at the end of every game, this year's team has put their foot down on the neck of their opponents in the 4th quarter and not let up.

The offense drove down the field with authority, and were successful running and passing in the 4th. And the D got a 3 and out and two 4 and outs to close the game. The ravens have outscored their opponents 23-0 in the 4th quarter, and 50-28 in the 2nd half in their 4 wins. Now that's the kind of performance I want to see out of this team.
    Last edited by NCCRavensFan; 10-16-2011 at 08:19 PM.

11. Re: Week 6 - Ravens vs The State of TX - GAME THREAD

This defense could get scary once we get Smith and Carr back. That's a huge upgrade from Gorrer and Nakamura.

Way offtopic

But there are some amount of shoddy fake jerseys out there, saw them all during the game when they show the fans

I'm not posting about the rights or wrongs of buying fakes, spend your dollars as you wish

But these jerseys are blue, not even a shade of purple but blue

If you're going to buy a fake, make it a decent one, it looks ridiculous and a blue Flacco jersey is like a shining beacon in a sea of Ravens jerseys. You can't help but see them on TV