Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Re: Is Cam Off Limits?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Yup what the media didn't say was how Chris Harris was taunting the kid while he's sitting there after losing the biggest game of his life. I would probably be the same way, who cares Cam ain't out there popping mollies, smoking weed, shooting up people and hitting women. The media will take something so small and blow it out of proportion and fuck me if I say this race definitely has something to do without..yes it's the elephant in the room so lets not over look that mountainous motherfucker....Tom Brady walking around like his shit is big because he basically beat the biggest fraud charge to ever hit the NFL period why is that shit still not talked about? Why isn't there anything being done after that blatant disrespect and degradation of the shield? Man it is what it is. Leave the dude alone, if any of us were in his position we would be the same way, it's easy to sit back and say you would do different in the aftermath, me personally I would reach out and snatch Chris Harris weave off his head, but that's me If I'm going to be talked about I will give a reason for everybody to talk about me.
    Harris somewhat apologized for saying what he said so loud. He didn't know Cam was as close by as he was. He even said the NFL was stupid for putting them that close together. Harris was just doing his post game press conference and answering the questions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I routinely see people (not here and not you specifically) tell others that they should act like MLK and what he would and wouldn't do in certain situations so I always like to use this gif.
    I heard the quote yesterday and thought it was very true. It doesn't really matter who says it, the truth is the truth. I was surprised to hear Cam double down on his antics at the original press conference. I also heard him refer to himself in the third person at least 3 times. Chad (Ochocinco) Johnson used to do that.

Like Mike Tyson says, everybody has a game plan till you get punched in the mouth. Broncos D punched him in the mouth and he is still searching for answers.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I heard the quote yesterday and thought it was very true. It doesn't really matter who says it, the truth is the truth. I was surprised to hear Cam double down on his antics at the original press conference. I also heard him refer to himself in the third person at least 3 times. Chad (Ochocinco) Johnson used to do that.

Like Mike Tyson says, everybody has a game plan till you get punched in the mouth. Broncos D punched him in the mouth and he is still searching for answers.
    Damn right he doubled down, while I don't necessarily agree with not jumping on the ball (although Drew Brees almost ended his career doing that) I agree with this part wholeheartedly:

If I offended anyone, that’s cool … I don’t have to conform to anybody’s wants for me. I’m not that guy. This is a great league with or without me. I am my own person.
    And considering it was Mike Shula who's responsible for this:

"They did everything that we saw on film," linebacker Brandon Marshall said to Andy Benoit of MMQB.com. "That's the crazy thing. You'd think with two weeks to prepare for the Super Bowl, they would do a new wrinkle. They did everything the same. Nothing new."
    Albert BreerVerified account ‏@AlbertBreer
    Broncos LB Brandon Marshall said he expected Carolina to add wrinkles. They didn't. "We were like, 'Yo, they aren't switching anything up.'
    I'd say he got punched in the mouth and is still still looking answers.

Also Remmers got punched in the mouth... a lot

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/ykxy.mp4

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/ua5j.mp4

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Dan Marino anyone?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    First guy that came to mind my. And he's one of the top 5 greatest QBs in history.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

So what do we make of Vince Lombardi's old quote?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mindless lemming View Post
    I'm assuming you haven't seen the Newton quote admitting that he didn't go for the fumble because he was worried about getting hurt?

“I don’t dive on one fumble because the way my leg was — it could have been [contorted] in a way,” Newton said. “OK, you say my effort. I didn’t dive down. I fumbled. That’s fine. But we didn’t lose that game because of that fumble. I can tell you that.”
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...w-you-a-loser/
    I have, and it was a terrible answer. That's on him. The video of the play shows what it shows though -- for whatever reason, I think Cam didn't feel like breaking the play down, and just popped out with that pouty answer. That's his fault and he has to live with his own refusal/failure to clear the record. All I'm saying is, look at the video.

If the criticism is that if he had dived the instant it fell out he had the best chance I would say that's fair. He might have either hesitated or misjudged it. There is a moment there before Ware contacted it where he might have had it. For some reason he ran at it standing and appeared to pretty much over run it. He never bothered explaining any of that for whatever reason.

But he did hit the deck and scrummed around in the pile for the ball.

To believe he didn't go after that ball because he didn't want to get hurt is ludicrous. The guy runs over defenders every week. He takes huge shots getting into the end zone on a normal Sunday. He is not afraid of contact. If he didn't think he could get down fast enough based on the angle or how his leg was, I believe that. The fact is he ran to the ball, changed direction when it was batted past him, hit the deck to try and fall on it, and had the ball batted past him toward the end zone.

It sucks that he didn't take the time to try and explain it, and I'm not going to do more for him than he is willing to. That's my take on the play, but as the saying goes, God helps those who help themselves. If he wants to let the world think he gave up on the play, that's his choice, and I'm not going to put any more effort into trying to explain that play. What I saw on that video looked pretty clear to me but he's got to be the one to say what really happened.

Blog Entries

This is what everyone will remember though: https://vid.me/e/wOjc

Hat tip to Paintballguy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    So what do we make of Vince Lombardi's old quote?
    Pretty simple, actually. It is totally being misapplied as a justification for being a sore loser. This is not what Lombardi was talking about in the least:

Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all of the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

There is no room for second place. There is only one place in my game, and that's first place. I have finished second twice in my time at Green Bay, and I don't ever want to finish second again. There is a second place bowl game, but it is a game for losers played by losers. It is and always has been an American zeal to be first in anything we do, and to win, and to win, and to win.

Every time a football player goes to ply his trade he's got to play from the ground up - from the soles of his feet right up to his head. Every inch of him has to play. Some guys play with their heads. That's O.K. You've got to be smart to be number one in any business. But more importantly, you've got to play with your heart, with every fiber of your body. If you're lucky enough to find a guy with a lot of head and a lot of heart, he's never going to come off the field second.

http://www.vincelombardi.com/number-one.html
    If one could find some examples of Lombardi acting in a similar manner after such as loss, it might be a valid point, but, as in most cases, context is everything.
    Last edited by TxRavensFan; 02-09-2016 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    would MLK dab dab dab
    can someone please explain this concept to me? WTF is a "dab"?
    "insert witty comment"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by winnipegraven View Post
    can someone please explain this concept to me? WTF is a "dab"?
    I guess the easiest way to explain it is that if you've ever used proper sneezing etiquette (bent your arm and sneezed to your elbow/bicep area)...or you're a vampire hiding your face behind your cape, you've dabbed lol.

Blog Entries

Does anyone have an educated guess on how much $$$ Cam has just cost himself in endorsements?