Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disney

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Disney

Done with Disney. Closing Splash Mountain because it's racist. Around 20K signatures were signed to close it, however nearly 100K were signed to keep it and they went with the minority.

We took our kids 2X when they were young and then a few more times when our daughter sang in the show choir there, but never again.

If you agree, let 'em know about it: guest.services@shopdisney.com

Blog Entries

Re: Disney

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    Done with Disney. Closing Splash Mountain because it's racist. Around 20K signatures were signed to close it, however nearly 100K were signed to keep it and they went with the minority.

We took our kids 2X when they were young and then a few more times when our daughter sang in the show choir there, but never again.

How can that be since they brought back their CEO to stop their wokeness?

I don't know how people are surprised about this...

The movie the ride is based on has been canceled since before canceling was even a thing.

How the fuck is splash mountain racist

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    How the fuck is splash mountain racist

If you don't know you ain't woke. Dude, EVERYTHING is racist. We should just shut the whole country down and move to where ever we belong (but that too is racist).

We should just kill ourselves. But that is probably racist as well. We should let people of victim status kill us and welcome it.

I cant get bent out of shape over updating a ride that needs updating. (Strictly from a quality of ride standpoint)

Can’t they just turn off the music or whatever makes it racist?

That was the best ride at Disney. Literally my favorite.

Youre a racist for saying you are done with Disney because they shut down a ride over it being perceived as racist. Moreover, you are not just a racist, but it has been determined your views align with our definition of Domestic Terrorism. Your social credit score has taken a dive, you racist domestic terrorist, and your Central Bank Digital Currency has now been suspended. Good luck eating.
    Politics is the entertainment division of the military industrial complex. ― Frank Zappa

Not sure if I mentioned it but my mother worked for Disney for 21 years, I haven't been to the parks in about 4 years......and I can get in FREE!!!!!!!!!! I have family that literally lives outside the gates of Disney. My sister is so close you can see the fireworks from her back yard on a clear night.

Disney has gone woke long before this happened to Splash mountain. It is my opinion that this "woke" stance along with price gouging and cuts is what has brought the Disney company to where it is today.

I have studied the Disney company as you can imagine for decades. They brought back Iger but Iger was/is part of the problem. The CEO that just was removed ( Bob Chapek) was the head of Parks and Resorts while Iger was the CEO previously. Chapek rose the ranks of the Disney company as the perfect hatchet man. Many of the cuts and price gouging was the work of Chapek. He made Iger and the board truck loads of money. He was rewarded for his work with the job of CEO.

Covid hits.........the compnaies "go woke.....go broke" company stance starts to catch up with them., as we know that will work out there on the West coast but in Florida? Not so much. Covid, cuts, price gouging, new policies like Park Reservations and the new Fast pass program starts to erode at the bottom line. Iger sees the writing on the wall, takes his Golden parachute and bails.

Chapek is rewarded for all his work and is the new CEO. Yes, the company is still showing huge profits......but not at the parks. Chapek has to keep up profit margins by doubling down on cuts and price raising. Still treading water he continues to triple down. Stocks start to reflect a trend.........

When stocks start to tumble only then will the board take notice. They couldn't give a rats ass about customer satisfaction. Out goes Chapek and Iger comes riding in on his white horse as if he is there to save the day......the policies that got them to this place were started under Iger.......but whose counting......right?

Splash mountain redue is apart of the new woke culture that has permeated the Disney company. It's been actually planned for years. It's funding was held up because of the issues I mentioned. Splash Mountain was themed around the movie Song of the South. The main character was an endearing black man named Uncle Remus. Most people have never seen the movie and couldn't tell you why it's not politically correct. It's on the level of Aunt Jemima syrup or Uncle Ben's rice.

I could go in to a long winded........as if this isn't long winded enough back story in how Disney has fundamentally changed how the parks and resorts are ran, maintained and how Iger and Chapek single-handedly destroyed what was once known as the "Disney difference".....ie. The magic.But I won't....... I will just say that for my Disney loving family it's been like a death in the family. I seen my mother cry real tears because of what has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    If you don't know you ain't woke. Dude, EVERYTHING is racist. We should just shut the whole country down and move to where ever we belong (but that too is racist).

We should just kill ourselves. But that is probably racist as well. We should let people of victim status kill us and welcome it.
    Well I'll just stay not woke

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    Not sure if I mentioned it but my mother worked for Disney for 21 years, I haven't been to the parks in about 4 years......and I can get in FREE!!!!!!!!!! I have family that literally lives outside the gates of Disney. My sister is so close you can see the fireworks from her back yard on a clear night.

Disney has gone woke long before this happened to Splash mountain. It is my opinion that this "woke" stance along with price gouging and cuts is what has brought the Disney company to where it is today.

I have studied the Disney company as you can imagine for decades. They brought back Iger but Iger was/is part of the problem. The CEO that just was removed ( Bob Chapek) was the head of Parks and Resorts while Iger was the CEO previously. Chapek rose the ranks of the Disney company as the perfect hatchet man. Many of the cuts and price gouging was the work of Chapek. He made Iger and the board truck loads of money. He was rewarded for his work with the job of CEO.

Covid hits.........the compnaies "go woke.....go broke" company stance starts to catch up with them., as we know that will work out there on the West coast but in Florida? Not so much. Covid, cuts, price gouging, new policies like Park Reservations and the new Fast pass program starts to erode at the bottom line. Iger sees the writing on the wall, takes his Golden parachute and bails.

Chapek is rewarded for all his work and is the new CEO. Yes, the company is still showing huge profits......but not at the parks. Chapek has to keep up profit margins by doubling down on cuts and price raising. Still treading water he continues to triple down. Stocks start to reflect a trend.........

When stocks start to tumble only then will the board take notice. They couldn't give a rats ass about customer satisfaction. Out goes Chapek and Iger comes riding in on his white horse as if he is there to save the day......the policies that got them to this place were started under Iger.......but whose counting......right?

Splash mountain redue is apart of the new woke culture that has permeated the Disney company. It's been actually planned for years. It's funding was held up because of the issues I mentioned. Splash Mountain was themed around the movie Song of the South. The main character was an endearing black man named Uncle Remus. Most people have never seen the movie and couldn't tell you why it's not politically correct. It's on the level of Aunt Jemima syrup or Uncle Ben's rice.

I could go in to a long winded........as if this isn't long winded enough back story in how Disney has fundamentally changed how the parks and resorts are ran, maintained and how Iger and Chapek single-handedly destroyed what was once known as the "Disney difference".....ie. The magic.But I won't....... I will just say that for my Disney loving family it's been like a death in the family. I seen my mother cry real tears because of what has happened.
    Thanks for the history lesson. Poor Mr. Walt Disney is probably rolling around in his grave over what has become of his company.