Page 48 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrasslin'

Blog Entries

Re: Wrasslin'

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    The obvious blade jobs were the best part.... smh. Especially Jericho pulling it out and doing it right on camera. Goes well with his mattress landing.

Another garbage production.

Once again, they have a great idea to be a bit different (sure, there's been War Games before) and they shit the bed with it in the end.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Yep, I can't excuse the ending. This is the second time in...maybe a month that Jericho has taken a bump onto an obvious crash pad. With the Khan's money they need to hire someone who can make this stuff less obviously fake. No, I don't want to see Jericho take a dive off a cell onto concrete like Mick Foley 25 years ago. But I do want something I know is fake to not look so obviously phony. I also just thought the ending was cheap with nobody actually quitting and Sammy only surrendering because of the threat of Jericho getting thrown off...which he should have known MJF was going to do anyway.

I also have issue with the Darby spot earlier in the night where they literally threw him down a flight of stairs unprotected in one of the most reckless, dangerous, and stupid spots I can remember. No reason for that at all. Darby is a Jeff Hardy type lunatic but stick to the high spots during matches, I'd rather not see him die on TV.

If they actually book OC to face Omega at the PPV I think Jim Cornette's head might literally explode this time.

Can't wait for Britt Baker to win the women's title...she is well over too...think the pop from the full arena will be crazy. I used to think she was Pittsburgh hot but now she's just hot. Lol.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Yep, I can't excuse the ending. This is the second time in...maybe a month that Jericho has taken a bump onto an obvious crash pad. With the Khan's money they need to hire someone who can make this stuff less obviously fake. No, I don't want to see Jericho take a dive off a cell onto concrete like Mick Foley 25 years ago. But I do want something I know is fake to not look so obviously phony. I also just thought the ending was cheap with nobody actually quitting and Sammy only surrendering because of the threat of Jericho getting thrown off...which he should have known MJF was going to do anyway.

I also have issue with the Darby spot earlier in the night where they literally threw him down a flight of stairs unprotected in one of the most reckless, dangerous, and stupid spots I can remember. No reason for that at all. Darby is a Jeff Hardy type lunatic but stick to the high spots during matches, I'd rather not see him die on TV.

If they actually book OC to face Omega at the PPV I think Jim Cornette's head might literally explode this time.

Can't wait for Britt Baker to win the women's title...she is well over too...think the pop from the full arena will be crazy. I used to think she was Pittsburgh hot but now she's just hot. Lol.
    I agree. It's mainly production errors that's the issue, but at some point the veteran wrestlers and agents have to step in and make things right or at least demand some changes. There's no way Cody, Arn, Jericho, Matt Hardy and even Jim Ross can keep sitting there and defending this crap. Maybe Jericho really doesn't give a shit anymore. I mean he swore he would never do a retake on a botched move, yet had and continues to reshoot pretaped screw-ups.

I don't enjoy their flippy spotfest matches, but production is the blame for the issues. Yes, the wrestlers need a lot of work as well, but that stuff can be hidden with proper production and camera angles.

Blood and Guts drew 1.09 million. It was the #1 rated show on cable for the night. Figured they would hit a million, but thought it would be slightly higher with all the hype and promotion going into it. It really did feel like a PPV on free TV they way it was presented leading up to it.

Curious to see how all the negative feedback from the ending sways the ratings for next week.

Blog Entries

Yeah that 1.09 isn't great given the hype and build to it. Not a good number even though they were first imo. The end sure as shit isn't going to do them any favors next week. Fix the booking and production...ratings will go up some.

Yeah that 1.09 isn't great given the hype and build to it. Not a good number even though they were first imo. The end sure as shit isn't going to do them any favors next week. Fix the booking and production...ratings will go up some.
    I agree. As much as I can't stand the Bucks or Omega, as well as the overall flippy style they have, I still want the company to succeed.

Gotta get Kahn away from the booking and fix production for sure. Id even start with fixing production because that will clear up a lot of their issues then find someone else to take over the booking.

Blog Entries

AEW is going back on the road in July! The end of this weird period of wrestling history is near...

AEW is going back on the road in July! The end of this weird period of wrestling history is near...
    Yep. WWE is planning for August to start back touring.

New season of Dark Side of the Ring has started. Part 1 of Brian Pilman dropped a little early on YouTube. Waiting for part 2 to drop this week.

A&E has a new Legends series as well. They are 4 episodes in now I think. I haven't checked any of those out yet but planning on it. There's also a most valued treasures show that airs afterwards that tracks down items that are in collector's possessions of certain wrestlers (from what I've seen) Planning on giving that a watch as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    New season of Dark Side of the Ring has started. Part 1 of Brian Pilman dropped a little early on YouTube. Waiting for part 2 to drop this week.

A&E has a new Legends series as well. They are 4 episodes in now I think. I haven't checked any of those out yet but planning on it. There's also a most valued treasures show that airs afterwards that tracks down items that are in collector's possessions of certain wrestlers (from what I've seen) Planning on giving that a watch as well.

The Stone Cold one was excellent I thought, the Randy Savage one portrayed him pretty negatively even though it was likely just trying to be truthful and honest. Seemed pretty similar to the Dark Side of the Ring about him and Miss Elizabeth. Bischoff and Sean Waltman have both came out against how it portrayed him (even though Bischoff was literally in it).

The Booker T was okay also but I don't really care about Booker. I missed the Piper one. This week is Shawn Michaels, will watch it.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Cody has go away heat with me at this point...the "America is great" patriotism angle doesn't work in 2021 and a guy from the UK is hardly comparable to a Russian or Iraqi/Iranian heel of 20-30 years ago. Much like everything Cody has done for months this is another miss.

The company's plagiarism of WWE stuff is annoying at this point too...subtle nods to past things are okay but the champagne shower IC gave Pinnacle was way too on the nose.
    back on twitter

The Stone Cold one was excellent I thought, the Randy Savage one portrayed him pretty negatively even though it was likely just trying to be truthful and honest. Seemed pretty similar to the Dark Side of the Ring about him and Miss Elizabeth. Bischoff and Sean Waltman have both came out against how it portrayed him (even though Bischoff was literally in it).

The Booker T was okay also but I don't really care about Booker. I missed the Piper one. This week is Shawn Michaels, will watch it.
    I haven't seen any of the A&E shows but a buddy of mine asked if I seen any which I said no but he told me in the Piper one he was in a California wrestling league which had a very high mexican audience and he had his bagpipes in the center of the ring with him and told the audience he was going to play the mexican national anthem. He started playing La Cucaracha and the audience was pissed and started throwing chairs and all kinds of things in the ring. Piper was the ultimate bad guy and was brilliant with the mic. Passed away way too early.

Wrasslin'

Apparently the Bray rumor was just that, a fake story posted by some jackholes

Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful Select has the story posted for his subscribers. Lol. That info will be leaked for free soon though as always.
    Last edited by nickh0801; 05-14-2021 at 03:36 PM.