Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Falcons decline 5th year option on Hurst

I will never understand gambling on losing out on LJ to draft Hurst, if LJ was in the plans all along. One of Ozzie's weirdest moves imo. Glad it worked out in the end, but god, what could have been...

Blog Entries

Re: Falcons decline 5th year option on Hurst

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Well ...as much as he was a wasted 1St rounder ...he’s a very good TE in our office. He’s better than anyone we have minus Andrews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Id take Dobbins over Hurst

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    I will never understand gambling on losing out on LJ to draft Hurst, if LJ was in the plans all along. One of Ozzie's weirdest moves imo. Glad it worked out in the end, but god, what could have been...
    I mean, we did end up with 3 Pro bowlers and a bunch of good starters... it was probably the 2nd best draft class in franchise history. Hurst was the consensus top ranked TE of that class... the Ravens probably thought he was going to become what Andrews has become

Hell with it, I'd take him back if he's willing. I doubt he is though, lol. Plus he'd be salty as hell after Andrews signs his extension. But he did fit quite nicely in this offense, he just didn't like how he fit.

5. Re: Falcons decline 5th year option on Hurst

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I mean, we did end up with 3 Pro bowlers and a bunch of good starters... it was probably the 2nd best draft class in franchise history. Hurst was the consensus top ranked TE of that class... the Ravens probably thought he was going to become what Andrews has become
    Oh I don't mean to diminish how well it actually turned out. Just imagine if New England went Jackson over Michel...and this team is entirely different, because for some reason Hayden Hurst was just that enticing.

Oh I don't mean to diminish how well it actually turned out. Just imagine if New England went Jackson over Michel...and this team is entirely different, because for some reason Hayden Hurst was just that enticing.
    Yeah the machinations of that one will never make sense to me either - just glad it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Yeah the machinations of that one will never make sense to me either - just glad it worked.
    If the Ravens were certain Lamar was their future franchise QB, then there’s no way they chance it that he’s available with the last pick of the first round.

Plus unless an informal agreement was made before the draft there is no way of knowing that the Eagles would trade their first round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    Why the hell would the FO bring a player back that demanded a trade and is mediocre at best?
    Because he makes our team better and you improve however you can. He may not have better options than coming back here. Plus, where did he demand a trade? He may have said he would like to be traded, but I don't remember him holding out and demanding to be traded.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

9. Re: Falcons decline 5th year option on Hurst

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Because he makes our team better and you improve however you can. He may not have better options than coming back here. Plus, where did he demand a trade? He may have said he would like to be traded, but I don't remember him holding out and demanding to be traded.

If we trade a 3rd rounder back for him I will laugh my ass off

Hurst getting cucked again. It just looks like he's not at this level.

If we trade a 3rd rounder back for him I will laugh my ass off
    5th or 6th at most.

12. Re: Falcons decline 5th year option on Hurst

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    5th or 6th at most.

Nah I doubt they're giving him away that easy. Also, wouldn't fulfill the hilarity of it. If Hurst gets traded once a year for a lower and lower draft pick I'd die laughing.