Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Another example of the left putting politics over human life

First of all LL Cool J is not the black Messiah and speak for black people. As a "vaccinated" black man, I can tell you that a lot of my friends and family have already rcvd the vaccine or on a list to do so.

Yes there is a portion of blacks that are apprehensive of getting vaccinated. However, most of them are against ALL vaccines. Not getting the covid shot has nothing to do with trump, but the distrust that some in our community have from their knowledge of the Tuskegee experiment.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Re: Another example of the left putting politics over human life

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    So vaccines are readily available for anyone that wants them in Pa... so why are we still forced to wear masks? Asking for a friend...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Because being vaccinated doesn’t prevent you from being a carrier. Also, apparently the vaccine is only good for 3 months, so people vaccinated in the beginning of the year are about to be at risk of getting it now.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Because being vaccinated doesn’t prevent you from being a carrier. Also, apparently the vaccine is only good for 3 months, so people vaccinated in the beginning of the year are about to be at risk of getting it now.
    So unless 3/4’s of them population gets two shots every three months there is no point in taking it at all?

Ok, let’s just face the facts that it’s endemic and move on with life, Protect yourself how you wish...

So unless 3/4’s of them population gets two shots every three months there is no point in taking it at all?

Ok, let’s just face the facts that it’s endemic and move on with life, Protect yourself how you wish...

But then how will our overlords be happy?

Why would the gov ever give up power??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I am listening to XM radio in the car. When I get back in, it was on the LL Cool old school rap. LL was on, having an open conversation with Faucci. LL actually asked this question. “How do we convince the black community that Trump didn’t put some chemical in the vaccine that will hurt blacks and Hispanics”.

Ok. Seriously, are blacks really this brainwashed by dem politicians that Trump is an evil genius that is secretly trying to kill off blacks and Hispanics?

Anyone that votes for the left, and silently allows this , or supports this (scaring blacks and Hispanics so bad with lies, that they think Trump is trying to kill them) is part of the reason that blacks will never feel equal to whites.

So blacks are afraid to take a vaccine because the left spent 4 years telling lies that Trump gates blacks and Hispanics.
    No, Blacks aren't "really this brainwashed by dem politicians that Trump is an evil genius that is secretly trying to kill off blacks and Hispanics".

Before you spew such ignorance on a subject you don't have a fucking clue about, I'd suggest you research the Tuskegee experiment, Henrietta Lacks, and all other cases where the U.S government practiced medical apartheid on the Black community. Do some research and get back to me (although I doubt it would make a difference).
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    No, Blacks aren't "really this brainwashed by dem politicians that Trump is an evil genius that is secretly trying to kill off blacks and Hispanics".

Before you spew such ignorance on a subject you don't have a fucking clue about, I'd suggest you research the Tuskegee experiment, Henrietta Lacks, and all other cases where the U.S government practiced medical apartheid on the Black community. Do some research and get back to me (although I doubt it would make a difference).
    Get off your high horse. Maybe you should do a little research yourself before you talk about topics you don’t have a fucking clue. Unless you actually listened to what he said.

Let’s just review what you are comparing. An example where a small group of people with an illness, were not given treatment. To a situation where an entire population is given a vaccine

I am not the one that came up with the concept of trump trying to kill blacks. It was LL that asked how to convince blacks that trump didn’t put something in the vaccine to kill only blacks.

Do you think trump wants to kill blacks?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Get off your high horse. Maybe you should do a little research yourself before you talk about topics you don’t have a fucking clue. Unless you actually listened to what he said.

Let’s just review what you are comparing. An example where a small group of people with an illness, were not given treatment. To a situation where an entire population is given a vaccine

I am not the one that came up with the concept of trump trying to kill blacks. It was LL that asked how to convince blacks that trump didn’t put something in the vaccine to kill only blacks.

Do you think trump wants to kill blacks?
    Totally missing the point, per usual. Again - are you sure you are an American citizen? Because basic concepts of reading comprehension seem to elude you.

Totally missing the point, per usual. Again - are you sure you are an American citizen? Because basic concepts of reading comprehension seem to elude you.
    Holy crap, you do believe trump is trying to kill all blacks.

Wow. Do you still have that aluminum foil on your roof? Or did you take it off when Kamala was appointed

I wouldn't stick Lacks in with the Tuskegee experiment. Lacks was given the best available treatment at that time, and her cells have proven invaluable in numerous medical breakthroughs. The only argument I can see is that her family should have been paid.

For those not aware of these two subjects, the Tuskegee experiment was one of the most seriously WTF moments in U.S. history. There's a book called Bad Blood that goes into a lot more detail than we can on this forum, but to sum it up the government allowed a group of black men to suffer the ravages of syphilis to see what would happen. It makes you blind then insane. But that was already known. The, and rarely have I used a word with such scathing vitriol as I am about to use the word following this brief explanation, "reason" the federal government allowed this was because there was a suspicion that syphilis affected the cardiovascular and central nervous systems of African Americans differently. This evil shit went on for 40 years.

Henrietta Lacks went to Johns Hopkins hospital for cancer. One of the researchers there had samples of all patients with cancer sent to him for study. Most of those cells died within 24 hours because that's what cells do. Lacks' cells were different. They continue to multiply to this day. Henrietta was given the best care available at the time but unfortunately died of cervical cancer in 1951. Her cells, on the other hand, are basically Wolverine. Apparently they can ride on dust motes. This article interviewing Rebecca Skloot has a lot of the story in condensed form. https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...cells-6421299/
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I wouldn't stick Lacks in with the Tuskegee experiment. Lacks was given the best available treatment at that time, and her cells have proven invaluable in numerous medical breakthroughs. The only argument I can see is that her family should have been paid.

For those not aware of these two subjects, the Tuskegee experiment was one of the most seriously WTF moments in U.S. history. There's a book called Bad Blood that goes into a lot more detail than we can on this forum, but to sum it up the government allowed a group of black men to suffer the ravages of syphilis to see what would happen. It makes you blind then insane. But that was already known. The, and rarely have I used a word with such scathing vitriol as I am about to use the word following this brief explanation, "reason" the federal government allowed this was because there was a suspicion that syphilis affected the cardiovascular and central nervous systems of African Americans differently. This evil shit went on for 40 years.

Henrietta Lacks went to Johns Hopkins hospital for cancer. One of the researchers there had samples of all patients with cancer sent to him for study. Most of those cells died within 24 hours because that's what cells do. Lacks' cells were different. They continue to multiply to this day. Henrietta was given the best care available at the time but unfortunately died of cervical cancer in 1951. Her cells, on the other hand, are basically Wolverine. Apparently they can ride on dust motes. This article interviewing Rebecca Skloot has a lot of the story in condensed form. https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...cells-6421299/
    I would, only because they took her cells unbeknownst to her. That's where the fear comes from - that medical providers, who take an oath to heal are doing the exact opposite and/or are not forthcoming about your diagnosis.

That's where the paranoia stems - it's not a dem/repub thing - it's ALL government. Government that sanctioned the Tuskegee experiment and God knows what else. I remember growing up in Baltimore City being told as a child not to ever get caught near Johns Hopkins alone after dark. Because they did experiments on Black people. Seems ridiculous now, but the fear was real then. Goes to show how urban legends get started.

There's a very good book out there titled "Medical Apartheid". Very interesting read.
    Last edited by Terpsfan82; 04-04-2021 at 05:33 PM.

Blog Entries

I would, only because they took her cells unbeknownst to her. That's where the fear comes from - that medical providers, who take an oath to heal are doing the exact opposite and/or are not forthcoming about your diagnosis.

That's where the paranoia stems - it's not a dem/repub thing - it's ALL government. Government that sanctioned the Tuskegee experiment and God knows what else. I remember growing up in Baltimore City being told as a child not to ever get caught near Johns Hopkins alone after dark. Because they did experiments on Black people. Seems ridiculous now, but the fear was real then. Goes to show how urban legends get started.

There's a very good book out there titled "Medical Apartheid". Very interesting read.
    Personally, I think everyone has a right to be suspicious of government initiatives- particularly when it comes to medicines and vaccines. The skepticism is totally justified.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.