Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 131415

Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Seahawks

I do believe, however, that from the reasons that I stated in an earlier post that Boller is not necessarily the guy that is or has ever been an "inspiration" to the offense
    I hold that sentiment as well. lets face it the ravens have lost a lot of road games since 2004 with boller calling signals so it is conceivable that the players are not inspired. However I think he has a lot of friends and drinking buddies on the team.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by purple bird View Post
    Stinger-
    Never will I stop these "lies" because there arent' any. Again, read between the lines; look at how the players react and interact with Boller - they don't.
    Boller took in Mark Clayton during his rookie year; I still don't see him "hanging out" or being chummy with Boller.
    In fact I don't see anyone doing that with Boller (except Billick) on the current team and the only teammate that I saw ever getting along with him was Will Demps (who was more concerned with his modelling career than playing football). Supposedly Derek Anderson was buddy-buddy with him too (according to a Sun interview this year), but he too is no longer here.
    McNair does poorly and the players say they still want him to be the starter; Smith comes in and several players express their endorsement of him. I haven't read any quotes from any of the players saying something to the affect of "Oh boy, I am so excited that I will be playing with Kyle (again)" after McNair went out.
    If you cannot see that Boller is just not very well liked by the team, then keep on preaching the "Boller sob story".

You are a liar until proven otherwise. Sorry! Thanks for posting!
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post

You are a liar until proven otherwise. Sorry! Thanks for posting!

Thank you. I can come up with plenty of quotes from Derrick Mason, Todd Heap, Mark Clayton, etc:

Purple Bird comes up with NOTHING. And he can't do anything from throw that claim out there and not know what he's talking about.

It's a lie, plain and simple.

And I saw how the offense reacted with Smith in there today. They rolled over for him just like they rolled over for Boller.

Stinger-

Please tell me where I am lying:

Did Jason Brown not comment on Kyle Boller being a "breath of fresh air".

Did JO not comment on his relationship with Dilfer last year in the sun when he was with the Browns in their first meeting with us.

Did Dilfer not comment in the Sun this year about his relationship with Ray this year before the San Fran game?

Did Todd Heap not say he was more than excited about having Steve McNair as the qb last year because he "brought something to the offense that the offense has never had before"?

Did Shannon Sharpe, during 2005, not say that, concerning Billick's career, he would "live or die with Boller"?

Wow, I guess I didn't come up with any hard core explanations of where I was coming from with my conclusion, now did I? I listed the sources and who I am claiming said it.

Please give me a .wav or .mp3 file with a certificate of authenticity from the Anita Marks show that would allow me to hear the statement about Boller going golfing with JO and CMAC.

Do I really care about getting that file - not really. But since you call me a liar when all I am doing is stating what I believe to be a logical deduction from what I have heard and read over the years as a Ravens fan even though I cannot give the exact article and file bibliography, I too expect the same from you then. Please give me the same amount of bibliographical information you are demanding of me concerning this plethera of quotes that Mason and all the other Ravens players have given with their overwhelming support of Boller which you claim to have.

Stinger, I guess you can call me a Boller hater just as I will call you a Boller lover. Every one of your remarks concerning the Ravens offense and qb play , ever since Boller came in after Pittsburgh, was either defending his (Bollers) bad play or telling everyone that they should feel sorry for Boller and the way he has been treated.

I guess I am blind and I can't see your OBVIOUS points about how great Boller is; but I can see the OBVIOUS points the national media and external observers make concerning Kyle Boller's play with the Ravens - he just is not the guy!!

Thanks for posting too.

The bottom line is that you are a liar, and you can't back up anything you are saying.

And if you want to bring up Jason Brown, I'll give you Derrick Mason who to this day continues to say Boller will be a great QB.

But that is all you have, and you can't come up with a shred of real proof that the team doesn't like Boller.

You sir, are a liar, and you continue to lie without having any proof or inside knowledge to back up your claims.

And with that, I'm done with you.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I'll give you Derrick Mason who to this day continues to say Boller will be a great QB.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Don't call me out unless you're ready Houston. ;) Unlike PB I can back up my words. Derrick Mason has been an OPEN supporter of Boller in print and on radio.

Let's start here:

http://www.nflplayers.com/players/pl...urnal&id=25021

Kyle Boller, Injuries and My Philosophy
    11/20/07

He's definitely better than he was, and he's continuing to improve. He's more mature on the field. He still brings that "Kyle energy" to the huddle, giving leadership, staying enthusiastic. But, he has been more calm after the snap. He gets to the 2nd and 3rd reads, and he'll run when he has to. The command is there. I like what he brings to the offense.
    That is just on his improvements from this year.

WE COULD go back a year to before McNair was brought in:

http://ravens.d3corp.com/column_view...3&view=archive

You�ve been supportive of Kyle but are you one of the players lobbying for the arrival of Steve McNair?
    I want to state something right now. Kyle is my quarterback right now and whatever happens in the future [well] I�m not in control of that. That is up to upper management to make that decision. But right now Kyle is my quarterback and I have a lot of faith that Kyle can get the job done.

Even considering your rapport with Kyle, can you get excited by the prospects of having a guy like Steve here?

Until it�s all concrete and he�s here, we�ll go with it from there. Right now my excitement is for Kyle and what Kyle has shown towards the end of the season last year and what he�s put into the offseason and what he�s done the couple of weeks we�ve been here at training camp. My excitement is towards Kyle and the things that I know he can do as a quarterback.

These are just what I found with a simple Google search. If you wanted to pay for them, I could easily go back to the Baltimore Sun archives and dig up more.

While we're at it, here is someone else who apparently doesn't like Boller:

http://www.profootball24x7.com/colum...1&view=archive

"He's definitely progressed," offensive tackle Jonathan Ogden said. "He sees the field better, he sees it faster. He's right there. Kyle will be fine."

I do wish I could find the Sun article that Willis McGahee said that he was impressed with Kyle, and the players were impressed, that he changed a play in the huddle that Billick called in and Boller didn't like. Yeah, McGahee doesn't like Boller either eh?

Bottom line, regardless of talking about his play on the field and whether he is or is not a good QB, can we put this "Everyone hates Boller" lie that Purple Bird has continued to try and push on this forum to rest now?

9. Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Seahawks

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Bottom line, regardless of talking about his play on the field and whether he is or is not a good QB, can we put this "Everyone hates Boller" lie that Purple Bird has continued to try and push on this forum to rest now?
    HERE HERE