View Poll Results: Who Will be the Ravens OC?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Norv Turner

27 18.62%
  • Kyle Shanahan

27 18.62%
  • Gary Kubiak

33 22.76%
  • Joe Lombardi

2 1.38%
  • Jim Hostler

41 28.28%
  • Chud

8 5.52%
  • Ben McAdoo

7 4.83%
Page 223 of 224 FirstFirst ... 221222223224 LastLast
Results 2,665 to 2,676 of 2688
    Blog Entries

Re: Who Will the Ravens Hire to be OC?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    This thread has devolved into a pissing contest.

Time to lock it up and start discussing the direction of the offense and stop worrying about what the circumstances of the decision were.

Does anyone think, no matter who initiated the Kubiak discussion, that John Harbaugh doesn't want this team to be significantly better on offense, and will do anything he can to help his assistants make that a reality?
    :word
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

I'm not saying that Oz and Biscuit had no say in this search, because I think that they communicate so well that it was a joint effort with John making the final call (and like any good Captain, he is going to make the boss happy). I do not think they forced his hand. I think it was a back and forth... what do think about this move.... or this move.. until the best decision was made (because that is obviously the best decision "Kubiak")

As far as John interviewing Hostler. Ever good team interviews internal staff. To me that is smart. Let's the guy know; hey man we think you are close to moving up the chain. Sort of a motivation ploy to get more out of that guy to get over the hump, etc. and familiar with the players maybe they wanted to see what he had to say.

You guys are putting way to much thought into the Hostler interview.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
    My concern is that if the head coach was being bypassed as much as the donut columnist indicates, then you have disenfranchised the head coach. That would be a horrible move.

For that reason alone, i don't buy that Harbs was a non factor.
    Harbaugh was definitely a factor. He wants to win and he wants to please his boss.

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, despite people continuing to pretend otherwise, that met with the suggestion (from Ozzie/Steve) that he should think big and get an established OC, Harbaugh would say, "nah, Steve, I think I am going to have to insist that Hostler becomes our OC." At which point supposedly Steve says what? Something like, "I hereby overrule you, and if you don't like it you can pack your bags"?

No sense whatsoever.

They are all friends, they all want to win. There is a hierarchy. And in no reasonable scenario is Harbaugh unwilling to do exactly what is being suggested or hinted.

That doesn't mean anything was indeed suggested, but the idea that it can be ruled out is without any logical support.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    I love this board man. I wish I posted more.

My feelings were this was a joint conversation with Harbs and the FO/owner with Harbs getting the final call. However this came about, this is great news and looks to setup our team for the long haul on offense.

My next question is how this influences the kinds of players on offense that get drafted. Should be fun.
    we need an andre johnson type WR

Blog Entries

So, we're onto a new thread, but just going to leave this here...

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 50s
    Ravens plan to hire former Texans HC Gary Kubiak as their offensive coordinator and former Texans OC Rick Dennison as their QB coach.

Dennison as QB coach, not OL.
    Which means Castillo as OL coach.

Clearly, not a Harbaugh decision. Clearly.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    It's the best fit for Flacco IMO. Some have said the WCO is not a great fit for him, I think it's quite the opposite.
    I think most WCO's around the league are watered-down weak sauce, with little dink & dunk passing plays. I think that system would be a poor fit for Joe. But Kubiak (& Shanahan) have thrown it downfield, and mixed in powerful rushing attacks. Joe fits in much better with what they have done, that what most wannabe "WCOs" do, IMO.

Blog Entries

To be fair, just because Dennison is the QB coach doesn't mean Castillo stays as OL coach...

But, for now, this seems to gel a bit more with Harbaugh's call that Castillo would remain OL coach.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I think the truth lies somewhere in between it being an Ozzie/Steve forcing Harbaugh and it being a Harbaugh move.

I could see Biscotti being the staffing person he is laying out what he think a successful offensive team would look like. Ozzie saying what the people to fills thos rolls would be and John finding the people to fill it.

I don't think it was Ozzie and Biscotti flat out doing this and telling John wait till were done.
    My conjecture is that no one forced anyone on Harbs--but that Bisciotti offered him strong positive encouragement to go with the Ex-Tex Junta over the "safe" in house hire. Not"owner meddling"--rather, "let's increase your willingness to make a move we think is in the team's best interest."

Something sorta like this:

John, we know you don't have the comfort level with Gary & the staff he'd bring in, & it's only to be expected that there'll be a period of adjustment. So if you're OK with bringing him on board, no one is going to bust your chops if things don't immediately go as planned--you'll have plenty of time to work things out, & even if in the end it doesn't work out, it won't be on you.

But if you insist on promoting Jim Hostler, you own that decision. No excuses & no slack if it turns out to be a mistake. You will be held accountable.

Take your pick.

Makes sense to me. YMMV.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
    I wonder what made John change his mind like this at the last minute?!?!?
    Hmmmmmm.
    Can't seem to put my finger on it....
    Change his mind from what?

10. Re: Who Will the Ravens Hire to be OC?

So Shanahan isn't a part of the deal then.. That brings the excitement down a bit, but still top notch job.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
    Rob and Vinny were also saying it as well.
    Oh, well if VINNY was saying it....

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Harbaugh and the team could have been interviewing him [Hostler] as a courtesy to do him a favor (help him prepare for future interviews with other teams, and boost his standing as someone being considered for such an important/prestigious job).
    Yeah, that would be consistent with how Harbaugh operates (giving Rosburg the title of Asst HC, for example). Consistent with how the Ravens have operated in the past, too.