Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Daniel Jeremiah Mock Draft 3.0

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2020/mock-d...pickId=2563800

Pick No.

Joe Burrow
    QB
    LSU
    I'm sure there will be several teams interested in trading up for Burrow, but I can't see the Bengals passing up the opportunity to land their top QB.
    Pick No.

Chase Young
    DE
    Ohio St.
    I understand the Redskins already have depth on the defensive line, but Young is too good to pass up.
    Pick No.

Jeff Okudah
    CB
    Ohio St.
    Okudah is the premier player at his position in this draft and fills a massive need on the Lions' defense.
    Pick No.

Tristan Wirfs
    T
    Iowa
    The Giants have needs all over their defense, but I still believe protecting Daniel Jones is the top priority.
    Pick No.

Justin Herbert
    QB
    Oregon
    I have Tua Tagovailoa rated higher than Herbert, but I think there's a legitimate chance the Oregon QB goes ahead of Tua.
    Pick No.

Tua Tagovailoa
    QB
    Alabama
    The Chargers have a talented roster and now they have a point guard to distribute the ball for the next decade-plus.
    Pick No.

Derrick Brown
    DT
    Auburn
    The Panthers have a bunch of intriguing options with the seventh pick. I wouldn't rule out a trade down from this spot, either.
    Pick No.

Jedrick Wills
    T
    Alabama
    The Cardinals addressed the WR position with the acquisition of DeAndre Hopkins. Wills would slide right into the RT spot, opposite D.J. Humphries.
    Pick No.

Mekhi Becton
    T
    Louisville
    The Jaguars have a multitude of needs on defense, but this pick helps them upgrade two spots. Becton takes over at LT and Cam Robinson slides inside to guard.
    Pick No.

Isaiah Simmons
    LB
    Clemson
    The Browns need another offensive tackle, but Simmons might be too good to bypass. He is the perfect defender to match up with the division's most dangerous playmaker, Lamar Jackson.
    Pick No.

CeeDee Lamb
    WR
    Oklahoma
    The Jets need to continue to upgrade the O-line, but they must weigh taking the fourth-best OT versus the top wideout. Sam Darnold needs some dynamic players around him.
    Pick No.

Jerry Jeudy
    WR
    Alabama
    This decision would likely come down to Jeudy versus Javon Kinlaw. I would applaud either choice.
    Pick No.

Henry Ruggs III
    WR
    Alabama
    Let's take a minute and just imagine Ruggs in the hands of a creative play-caller like Kyle Shanahan.
    Pick No.

Andrew Thomas
    T
    Georgia
    The Bucs are all in on Tom Brady. Adding some protection for him is a good idea.
    Pick No.

Javon Kinlaw
    DT
    South Carolina
    The Broncos could go receiver here, but they also have a need on the D-line. Kinlaw has unlimited potential.
    Pick No.

C.J. Henderson
    CB
    Florida
    The Falcons have plenty of firepower on offense, but the secondary needs help. Henderson has the greatest upside of any cornerback in the draft class.
    Pick No.

K'Lavon Chaisson
    EDGE
    LSU
    Chaisson would be an ideal fit on the opposite side of Demarcus Lawrence. He is still a little raw, but he's very explosive.
    Pick No.

Yetur Gross-Matos
    EDGE
    Penn St.
    Gross-Matos would give the Dolphins some much-needed edge rush. The more I studied him, the more I liked him.
    Pick No.

A.J. Terrell
    CB
    Clemson
    Terrell would reunite with his college teammate, Trayvon Mullen, to give the Raiders two tall, long and rangy CBs to build their secondary around.
    Pick No.

Justin Jefferson
    WR
    LSU
    Jefferson has outstanding hands and route polish. He excels on third down and in the red zone.
    Pick No.

Kenneth Murray
    LB
    Oklahoma
    The Eagles need to add receivers, but they can afford to wait a round or two. Murray would give them a dynamic playmaker in the middle of their defense.
    Pick No.

Jaylon Johnson
    CB
    Utah
    Johnson is rock solid on tape and he has the tools to fit perfectly in the Vikings' scheme.
    Pick No.

A.J. Epenesa
    DE
    Iowa
    The Patriots love size and power on the edges. Epenesa isn't an elite tester, but he's a very productive football player.
    Pick No.

Patrick Queen
    LB
    LSU
    The Saints don't have many glaring needs. They can afford to simply take the best player available.
    Pick No.

Tee Higgins
    WR
    Clemson
    Higgins would bring some size and red-zone ability to the Vikings' offense.
    Pick No.

Joshua Jones
    T
    Houston
    The Dolphins must address the offensive line in this draft. I could see them doubling up in the next round.
    Pick No.

Austin Jackson
    T
    USC
    Jackson was very up and down last season, but he's an outstanding athlete. He should continue to improve as a pro.
    Pick No.

Zack Baun
    LB
    Wisconsin
    The Ravens need more edge rush. Baun has the athleticism to drop and cover, as well.
    Pick No.

Brandon Aiyuk
    WR
    Arizona State
    I love Aiyuk's game and his toughness would fit the culture in Tennessee.
    Pick No.

Jordan Love
    QB
    Utah St.
    It's tough to find the right spot for Love. He could go in the top 10 or fall to this neighborhood of the draft. The Packers would be a great fit for him to sit, learn and develop.
    Pick No.

Ross Blacklock
    DT
    TCU
    The 49ers will likely trade down to stockpile selections, as they currently don't hold a pick in Rounds 2-4.
    Pick No.

Cesar Ruiz
    C
    Michigan
    The Chiefs could have their choice of the top running backs, but they also need to get younger/better along the interior of their offensive line.

Re: Daniel Jeremiah Mock Draft 3.0

I would be happy with Baun. Very high motor.

And that's another TD for CeeDee.

Blog Entries

I don’t think the Ravens would take Baun over Delpit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Yeah I like Baun but would prefer someone who is more of a sure bet... but what do I know?

I feel like this is the Ravens worst case scenario for the first round.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    I feel like this is the Ravens worst case scenario for the first round.
    Ruiz and Mims still on the board! This is an excellent scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    With Love still on the board the phone might be ringing with opportunities to trade back. This could be a classic "trade back and then trade back up" kind of scenario.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    With Love still on the board the phone might be ringing with opportunities to trade back. This could be a classic "trade back and then trade back up" kind of scenario.
    Agreed.

I think this DJ latest mock is a testament to the 1st round depth in this draft.

I would have Ruiz, Mims, Taylor, Delpit, Trevon Diggs, Madubuike/Gallimore/Elloitt/Blacklock, Kris Fulton all ahead of Baun

Also surprised no commented on Herbert off the board before Tua

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Agreed.

I think this DJ latest mock is a testament to the 1st round depth in this draft.

I would have Ruiz, Mims, Taylor, Delpit, Trevon Diggs, Madubuike/Gallimore/Elloitt/Blacklock, Kris Fulton all ahead of Baun

I'd add McKinney to that list.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Agreed.

They are just trying to make the drafts different at this point. Th QB’s are annoying to mock this year. There will likely be 4 QB’s gone by pick 10 but after Burrow your guess is as good as mine who goes where. Miami will almost certainly get a QB in the top 10. That’s about all I know. I’m still half expecting The Rams to trade for Dak just to make sure this is an interesting draft...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    They are just trying to make the drafts different at this point. Th QB’s are annoying to mock this year. There will likely be 4 QB’s gone by pick 10 but after Burrow your guess is as good as mine who goes where. Miami will almost certainly get a QB in the top 10. That’s about all I know. I’m still half expecting The Rams to trade for Dak just to make sure this is an interesting draft...
    The mocks are merely a foil to talk about the prospects. For me that's what the draft is about learning about the prospects. As far as predicting who goes where or predicting what position etc....i don't really care, never have.