Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: Torrey Smith Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'd say Joe did a pretty good job of making a lot of receivers look good. Torrey is a great example. What did he do in San Fran? Nothing.

Marlon Brown? Jacoby Jones? Kelley Washington had the best season of his career catching passes from Joe.

If you're going to constantly take the position that Joe is average, or whatever, and want everyone else to see Joe the way you do, then you at least need to be honest about these types of things.

The reality is this:

Joe has only had 3 good receivers in his entire career and two of those were guys at the end of their careers (Mason & Senior). Boldin was at least in his prime and we all know how Cam Cameron didn't exactly use Boldin appropriately.

Think about that. Joe is entering season 10 and the best the Ravens have ever done for him at receiver or TE is Dennis Pitta, Derek Mason, Anquan Boldin, and Senior. Pitta was the only guy that they actually drafted and let him grow up with Flacco. The other guys were past 30 by the time they caught passes from Flacco. Mason was 35 years old in Flacco's rookie year. Senior was 35. Boldin was 31.

Nothing against any of those guys, they're good players (Boldin is one of my all time favorite players), but when you compare the Ravens to other organizations that have franchise QB's, they've gone out and acquired multiple receiving options for their QB's while retaining emerging players (Seattle, for example, by trading for Jimmy Graham while keeping a UDFA Doug Baldwin).

And before you go there Sug, I'm not making excuses for Flacco. I'm not "ball washing" or whatever other way you want to spin it.

These are facts. Not alternative facts. Simple facts.
    He's a good QB not elite and I know he's made guys better but again he's not elite. You and others on here who know me know I've defended him very hard for a long time, hell I have 3 infractions on this board because I've insulted guys on here who bashed him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    That Brady fellow did it for a long time in New England even before Moss and Gronk, he made Edelman good without a doubt along with Chris Hogan. I mean John Harbaugh's job wouldn't be on the line if Joe was elite, hell Joe wouldn't need so many OC changes if he was elite. He's a good QB who needs help around him, stop calling him elite and just be fine that's he's a good QB and when he's at his best he's a top 10 QB. Stop calling Joe Flacco elite and I'll leave you alone otherwise I'm not going to stop.
    Elite

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Rams absolutely have more talent at Wide out thatn we do, And ya'll think Torrey is some sort of God around here, so surely that means the 49ers have more talent at WR.

I'll give you the eagles.

Brady did not carry his team the first few superbowls, that was all defense. By the time he matured into the GOAT, he had elite, HOF talent around him including Gronk, Welker, Moss....

lets not even try to compare Headcoaches, Harbaugh cant even manage his time outs.

Whos the only QB to outplay Brady in the playoffs? Flacco

Best Playoff QB in the AFC not named Brady? Flacco

Who single handedly carried Ray Lewis' tired, old, out of shape ass to a superbowl ring? Along with his deadbeat coach who didnt have the balls to find a new OC or DC despite everyone with two eyes seeing a change was needed? Flacco

you cant call Brady the GOAT, and then try to claim Flacco isnt elite, your using two different rules

Flacco can carry this team, he needs someone who can actually catch wide open passes...

unless you want to forget about Houshmenzada (too lazy to spell), Lee Evans, Torrey Smith, and all the other COUNTLESS perfectly placed footballs in the endzone and on 4th down that we've dropped
    What the fuck is wrong with you? I'm fucking done with this nonsense smdh.

forget it I'm done, I'm out forever.
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 03-07-2017 at 03:48 PM. Reason: deleted hijacking

Blog Entries

Rams absolutely have more talent at Wide out thatn we do, And ya'll think Torrey is some sort of God around here, so surely that means the 49ers have more talent at WR.

I'll give you the eagles.

Brady did not carry his team the first few superbowls, that was all defense. By the time he matured into the GOAT, he had elite, HOF talent around him including Gronk, Welker, Moss....

lets not even try to compare Headcoaches, Harbaugh cant even manage his time outs.

Whos the only QB to outplay Brady in the playoffs? Flacco

Best Playoff QB in the AFC not named Brady? Flacco

Who single handedly carried Ray Lewis' tired, old, out of shape ass to a superbowl ring? Along with his deadbeat coach who didnt have the balls to find a new OC or DC despite everyone with two eyes seeing a change was needed? Flacco

you cant call Brady the GOAT, and then try to claim Flacco isnt elite, your using two different rules

Flacco can carry this team, he needs someone who can actually catch wide open passes...

unless you want to forget about Houshmenzada (too lazy to spell), Lee Evans, Torrey Smith, and all the other COUNTLESS perfectly placed footballs in the endzone and on 4th down that we've dropped
    Perryman against the redskins Pitta Waller against the Steelers just off the top of my head last year

LOL I'm trying man but they keep pulling me back in
    you keep bringing it up too be honest.

Im fine with leaving flacco out of the question...

but its laughable to expect any franchise QB to deal with this WR roster.

lets not forget We've drafted like 1 WR in the past decade + that has EVER had a 1000 yard season.

Our talent is bad, people just refuse to see it

John Harbaugh is an elite coach, there I said it LOL
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 03-07-2017 at 03:49 PM. Reason: deleted hijacking content

What the fuck is wrong with you? I'm fucking done with this nonsense smdh.
    What part do you disagree with?

or is it still "too soon" to call Ray Lewis out? He is the GOAT MLB... Id venture GOAT overall player... but he sucked his last year, and was sucking wind and couldnt do jack....

is it the fact that you dont like to hear that Flacco is actually the best AFC Playoff / Superbowl QB that isnt Tom Brady?

Is it the fact Harbaugh has a history of picking / keeping bad coordinators?

or is it the fact that marlon Brown Jacoby Jones Kelley Washington Torrey Smith Perrimen Boldin Mason Waller Campanero Pitta Gilmore ......etc...etc....etc....etc.. to infinity are all either BAD or just Too Old?

dude I know it sucks to have a Great Team turn into a Crap team...but its where we're at.... Im suprised we didnt go 4-12 last year even with our cupcake schedule

or is it still "too soon" to call Ray Lewis out? He is the GOAT MLB... Id venture GOAT overall player... but he sucked his last year, and was sucking wind and couldnt do jack....

is it the fact that you dont like to hear that Flacco is actually the best AFC Playoff / Superbowl QB that isnt Tom Brady?

or is it the fact that marlon Brown Jacoby Jones Kelley Washington Torrey Smith Perrimen Boldin Mason Waller Campanero Pitta Gilmore ......etc...etc....etc....etc.. to infinity are all either BAD or just Too Old?

dude I know it sucks to have a Great Team turn into a Crap team...but its where we're at.... Im suprised we didnt go 4-12 last year even with our cupcake schedule
    You don't want to accept that Flacco isn't elite, oh I have no problem admitting that Harbaugh has screwed some things up and that the talent isn't great. I also have no problem admitting that Joe has sucked 3 out the last 4 years and it's partly on him. I used to think just like you Hbg about Joe then things changed, he's not the same QB at this point anymore. He can rise again if they sign Pryor, Garcon or Marshall, I believe he will comeback with a vengeance or he needs to comeback like that.

Blog Entries

You don't want to accept that Flacco isn't elite, oh I have no problem admitting that Harbaugh has screwed some things up and that the talent isn't great. I also have no problem admitting that Joe has sucked 3 out the last 4 years and it's partly on him. I used to think just like you Hbg about Joe then things changed, he's not the same QB at this point anymore. He can rise again if they sign Pryor, Garcon or Marshall, I believe he will comeback with a vengeance or he needs to comeback like that.
    I thought you were gone forever? So you mean Joe will comeback with a vengeance if they get a wr that actually can catch. You don't say? I'd bet if you ask Torrey he would come back happy as can be to play with Joe

Blog Entries

Preach

I think Joe is primed for a comeback, but I dont think Marshall or Garcon are going to help.

I fully believe perriman is a bust, ( i know its too soon for most people) and Marshall , Garcon are #2 Wideouts at this point.

I dont know what to make of Pryor, I just dont trust that he will continue to improve here (probably browns stigma)

We need a Center. I think we've ignored the WR position for so long its too late to get a #1 without trading a 1Rd draft pick.