Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Has Ray Lewis turned in his retirement paperwork and officially retired?

There was a private Ray Lewis retirement party scheduled for April 13th in Baltimore that has been postponed indefinitely. Just checking if anyone knows if he has officially retired.

Blog Entries

Re: Has Ray Lewis turned in his retirement paperwork and officially retired?

Are you worried about it from a cap point of view or as a sign that he is coming back? I read somewhere that the team designated him as retired at the beginning of the league year and has already taken the cap charges to reflect that.

Even if a player turns in his paperwork he can still come back. During the draft the Chargers offered a contract to LaDanian Tomlinson who was retired all of last season. We all remember Deion Sanders coming back with the Ravens after he retired. If Ray came back this year he could only return to the Ravens but if he is out for the whole year he can then sign with any team next year. I can't see any of that happening though. Ray seems sincere about wanting to watch his son play in college.

Blog Entries

God, I hope he's not thinking about coming back.

He's my favorite all time Raven, but he got abused during the Super Bowl. He needs to go out gracefully.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    God, I hope he's not thinking about coming back.

He's my favorite all time Raven, but he got abused during the Super Bowl. He needs to go out gracefully.
    The team couldn't bring him back without making some big moves to free up more cap space. It's not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The team couldn't bring him back without making some big moves to free up more cap space. It's not happening.
    I'm not worried about with us. I am worried he pulls a Unitas and tries to squeeze in another year.

Blog Entries

I'm not worried about with us. I am worried he pulls a Unitas and tries to squeeze in another year.
    It's not happening. He officially signed a deal to work for ESPN this year. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...avens/1985637/

"He wanted a big role," said Markman. "And it was important for him to meet with all the networks and hear their visions. The advantage for us was our flexibility given how important it was for him to be with his children."

Lewis wants to be able to see his son, Ray Lewis III, play football at the University of Miami. Because of that, Lewis won't be able to go to ESPN headquarters for every Sunday pregame show during the regular season. "It was important for me to come up with a flexible plan. (Unlike broadcast networks), we have NFL content that's not all about Sunday morning," Markman said. "And I promised him I'll never schedule anything that conflicts with his son's games."

Markman says Lewis has told him he's looking at TV for the long run: "He said, 'Bear with me for these four years (while his son plays college ball). Because this is something I want to do for a lifetime.' "

Blog Entries

Ray is done. Not just physically, you could tell by the way he was talking (in the playoffs and after) he was mentally exhausted and done with preparing and playing football.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    It's not happening. He officially signed a deal to work for ESPN this year. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...avens/1985637/
    I am aware of that too. But players / coaches duck out of those contracts to return to their leagues all the time.

Blog Entries

I am aware of that too. But players / coaches duck out of those contracts to return to their leagues all the time.
    Lewis wants to be able to see his son, Ray Lewis III, play football at the University of Miami. Because of that, Lewis won't be able to go to ESPN headquarters for every Sunday pregame show during the regular season. "It was important for me to come up with a flexible plan. (Unlike broadcast networks), we have NFL content that's not all about Sunday morning," Markman said. "And I promised him I'll never schedule anything that conflicts with his son's games."
    He's said multiple times that he wants to watch his son play. He's done man. No way he wants to commit the time to playing.

Blog Entries
    Come on man, he made a big deal out of his last ride. He knows marketing well enough not to screw this up

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

If Ray was going to return it would next year and not this one. He's going to need a year to heal his body up.