Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Have we officially become a banana republic?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    You really didn’t dispute anything

Gas was 2.09 Last fall. It is $3 now
    You can’t dispute that 5 states all stopped counting with Trump in the lead, and started counting again in the middle of the night only to take the lead
    The supply chain has everything to do with policy. It was the policy of the left to shut everything down. It is the policy of the left to pay people to stay home instead of going back to work. A recent poll shows that 2/3 of dems think people should still stay home.

You are the first person that I know to admit liking Biden.
    Highest I’ve seen reg gas from OC to Laurel is $2.99. So that’s 40% ...but yeah 50% sounds scarier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Energy independence caused prices to drop. It's funny how that works and then people get surprised that things like killing pipelines cause them to rise.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Strange how :a . 4 of the proposed 5 Keystone pipelines are not only finished but operational. The 5th was meant to be a “bypass” quick line to get TarSands oil to the Gulf quicker.
    And ..b..domestic gas prices were already $2.00 ish BEFORE Trump approved the permits for the 5th line!

So how did stopping this 5th line raise prices?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Strange how :a . 4 of the proposed 5 Keystone pipelines are not only finished but operational. The 5th was meant to be a “bypass” quick line to get TarSands oil to the Gulf quicker.
    And ..b..domestic gas prices were already $2.00 ish BEFORE Trump approved the permits for the 5th line!

Speculation that it’ll go up as well rely on foreign oil more??

4. Re: Have we officially become a banana republic?

Probably the same way a mini tropical depression 1,000 miles away in the Gulf/Caribbean does.

Oil/gas prices go up Every Summer. They know we are gonna be traveling and will pay whatever. There’s no politics involved...it’s just how the Oil Barons govern us serfs.

We don’t Have to buy foreign oil...we choose to. Between our own and the Tar Sands ..there’s more domestic oil than in the Mid East. But ...Big Oil can’t rape us for that. So ..we buy foreign oil. Then “they” can blame OPEC or taxes or fake computer hacks for the higher price.

Highest I’ve seen reg gas from OC to Laurel is $2.99. So that’s 40% ...but yeah 50% sounds scarier.

You need to get out more. I was being generous with the $3. It was $3.49 in mont county 2-4 weeks ago when I was there.

It wasnt just killing the pipeline. It was also stopping oil leases. Rejoining paris accords. Promising to go net zero carbon emissions. These things all show hostility to the oil and gas industry. Pissing off saudi arabia didnt help either

Oil/gas prices go up Every Summer. They know we are gonna be traveling and will pay whatever. There’s no politics involved...it’s just how the Oil Barons govern us serfs.

We don’t Have to buy foreign oil...we choose to. Between our own and the Tar Sands ..there’s more domestic oil than in the Mid East. But ...Big Oil can’t rape us for that. So ..we buy foreign oil. Then “they” can blame OPEC or taxes or fake computer hacks for the higher price.

Last summer, gas was about $2. I was paying $2.49 for fuel at my marina for my boat. This summer, it is $3.89.

Keep your blinders on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    You need to get out more. I was being generous with the $3. It was $3.49 in mont county 2-4 weeks ago when I was there.
    Really? I drive over 3000 miles a month from Del to Laurel. I get out plenty. I work with guys from all over the metro BMore area as far away as Pa and Cecil County. No one has said gas was over $3. Anywhere. Hell the highest I’ve seen Diesel is $3.30.

But again. As long as it fits your narrative ...enjoy Orson Wells.

Blog Entries

Really? I drive over 3000 miles a month from Del to Laurel. I get out plenty. I work with guys from all over the metro BMore area as far away as Pa and Cecil County. No one has said gas was over $3. Anywhere. Hell the highest I’ve seen Diesel is $3.30.

Just looked on gasbuddy, average price in md for regular is $2.99

http://www.marylandgasprices.com/GasPriceSearch.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Just looked on gasbuddy, average price in md for regular is $2.99
    Sounds like what I said.