Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast

Your Early 7 Round Mock Draft

Without considering what free agents you think we'll sign, whats a 7 round mock look like for you?

Round 1: Calvin Ridley WR

Round 2: Deon Cain WR

Round 3: Drew Lock QB

Round 4: Darius Phillips CB

Round 5: Marcus Baugh TE

Round 6: Sean Chandler FS

Round 7: Desmond Harrison OT

Re: Your Early 7 Round Mock Draft

I don't follow the college game closely. What can you (or anyone for that matter) tell me about Drew Lock?

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    What can you (or anyone for that matter) tell me about Drew Lock?
    http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php
    Drew Lock, QB, Missouri
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 225.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.79.
    Projected Round (2018): 1-3.

12/28/17: Sources say Lock is considering entering the 2018 NFL Draft. Lock set the SEC single-season record for touchdown passes in 2017 with 43. He went on a tear in the last half of the year to lead Missouri to six straight wins after a 1-5 start. Lock has completed 58 percent of his passes this year for 3,964 yards with 44 touchdowns and 13 interceptions.

Lock is a gunslinger-style quarterback who has a big arm with the ability to throw any pass. However, he needs to improve his accuracy, field vision, and the speed at which he works through progressions. Lock can be prone to overthrows, plus can put too much heat on some passes. Lock has good size and can fit the pass into tight windows. He throws the ball well downfield and shows some timing and anticipation. Lock does have the propensity to force throws to covered wideouts as he can trust his arm too much to beat tight coverage. He also has some mobility. Lock could stand to make improvements before going to the NFL, and improving as a senior might be his best route toward having a good pro career and going higher in his draft.
    So, perfect for the WCO.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I bet you thats identical to flaccos coming out of Delaware.

I don't follow the college game closely. What can you (or anyone for that matter) tell me about Drew Lock?
    Besides Rosen, Mayfield, and Darnold.. I like Lock more than all the others and unfortunately for us his stock may rise into the 2nd round once he shows off his arm in the combine. Kids got a cannon, great deep ball accuracy and is active inside the pocket. Georgia has a great defense.. didn't have an answer for him.

Im surprised they don't like his deep ball accuracy. Hes jam packed with deep balls.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Without considering what free agents you think we'll sign, whats a 7 round mock look like for you?

Round 1: Calvin Ridley WR

Round 2: Deon Cain WR

Round 3: Drew Lock QB

Round 4: Darius Phillips CB

Round 5: Marcus Baugh TE

Round 6: Sean Chandler FS

Round 7: Desmond Harrison OT
    7 round? I'm lucky if i can do 2 at this point. OK, Ridley or (my favorite) Sutton in the 1st would suit me fine. I do not see Ozzie going back-to-back WRs though, and I don't like it either. Not with this team needing Oline, TE, Safety, etc... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Besides Rosen, Mayfield, and Darnold.. I like Lock more than all the others and unfortunately for us his stock may rise into the 2nd round once he shows off his arm in the combine. Kids got a cannon, great deep ball accuracy and is active inside the pocket. Georgia has a great defense.. didn't have an answer for him.
    Thanks for the info. I'd be in favor of drafting a good QB prospect on Day 2 of the draft if the right fit is there. Would you say a guy like Lock is sufficiently NFL-ready to the point he could immediately step into the backup role? Mallett is a free agent and isn't very good, but decent vet backups will cost more $$ and the Ravens could really use that money elsewhere. Now, there's an argument that a team SHOULD have a vet backup and not rely on a rookie for that role, but I'm not sure I adhere to that line of thinking as closely as I once did.

Blog Entries

He sounds like someone who should stay another year in school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mallett is a free agent and isn't very good, but decent vet backups will cost more $$ and the Ravens could really use that money elsewhere.
    Mallett shouldn't even have been the backup THIS year. Woodrum was better.

Mallett shouldn't even have been the backup THIS year. Woodrum was better.
    Really hoping they DON'T offer Mallett a deal to come back. Not even vet minimum.

Thanks for the info. I'd be in favor of drafting a good QB prospect on Day 2 of the draft if the right fit is there. Would you say a guy like Lock is sufficiently NFL-ready to the point he could immediately step into the backup role? Mallett is a free agent and isn't very good, but decent vet backups will cost more $$ and the Ravens could really use that money elsewhere. Now, there's an argument that a team SHOULD have a vet backup and not rely on a rookie for that role, but I'm not sure I adhere to that line of thinking as closely as I once did.
    Lock needs a year of NFL grooming before stepping into any action. Hes gotta get used to how much tighter the windows are gonna be in the NFL but he definitely has the arm to zip it through.