Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Superbowl Ring - Olive Branch

I have no problem if Sgt. Colt or any other Indy fan wants to embrace both "volumes" of the Colts. They can do whatever they want. I don't quite understand it. As a lifelong Oriole fans, I have never had the slighest interest in the history of the St. Louis Browns, but hey,to each his own. My problem comes when the NFL and Hall of Fame pretends that there is only one volume of the Colts.

I also find it funny that Sgt. Colt mentions the Dodgers. Has he ever seen Jackie Robinson's Hall of Fame plaque? It does not say he played for the Los Angeles Dodgers or even the "Dodgers." It says Brooklyn NL. MLB and the Hall of Fame goes out of its way to ensure that no one will ever confuse the LA Dodgers with the Brooklyn Dodgers. The shame is that the NFL & its Hall of Fame could not do the same thing. The solution is really simple. The Baltimore Colts died in 1984. Just like the Canton Bulldogs and Pottstown Maroons, they no longer exist. It is time that the NFL accepts reality and seperate/retire the Baltimore Colts records, as Johnny Unitas long ago requested. Why? Because it is the right and decent thing to do. Then, if they so choose, the Indy Colts could publish the Baltimore Colts records as a seperate section of their media guide and the Ravens could do the same thing. That way, everybody could be happy.

By the way, it was a classy thing that Jimmy Irsay did. The NFL needs to get with the program and follow suit.

Re: Superbowl Ring - Olive Branch

Quote Originally Posted by sgtcolt View Post
    A Colt is a Colt, and it is not a Raven.
    Wrong. Why did Johnny Unitas stand on the sideline of every Ravens home game while he was still alive? Why did he want nothing to do with the franchise or the city of Indy after the move?

Same with Tom Matte, Art Donovan, and all of the old Colts from the glory years. They stayed loyal to Baltimore, and all of them support the Ravens. Matte was the color man on all Ravens radio broadcasts. You still see Donovan around the local Bmore crab houses.

Face it, the old Colts consider themselves Ravens supporters today, and want nothing to do with your stolen team. They know the team they played for is now in limbo and have to live with that until Irsay does the REAL decent thing and separates all of the Baltimore history from Indy.

If you want to latch onto the history and accomplishments of another city in another era, that's your prerogative, but just know that #19 died a Ravens fan living in the Baltimore suburbs.

It is good to see that Irsay did the right thing by leaving the BALTIMORE Colts super bowl off of the current colts super bowl rings. It truly is two different histories Baltimore and Indianapolis. People in Indy will never know what it is like to be a true colts fan they will never get to step foot in Memorial Stadium and they will never have the support from the old Baltimore colts players who still come to Ravens games. People in Baltimore are the luckiest fans in the NFL because they have legends from a different era who still live in Baltimore and attend ravens games Baltimore fans also still have possession of the only Baltimore Colts Super bowl trophy it is at sports legends museum at Camden Yards if you would like to see it. Indy can take our team but they can never take our memories our history our legends and the Ravens truly carry on that tradition I would not trade them for any franchise in the NFL because I am a Baltimore fan and that is what truly is special.

Read the article on #19 in the Baltimore Sun today and you will see why the franchise in Indianapolis is a fraud. Their fans suck - go get your own history. What, you all couldn't come up with your own name that reflects your city and state?

Midwestern losers.
    Baltimore Football Championships
    Ravens 2000, 2012
    Stallions 95 CFL
    Stars 85 USFL
    Colts 58, 59, 70

What means more?

Baltimore and the Colts and it's players who still live here?

or

The fact that a drunken ass with money purchased the rights to the name, and ruined it. And then his kid, who is an ok guy by all accounts, doesn't want to part with it because it's been in his family all his life?

So:

Baltimore Colts - championships, Unitas, Berry, Moore, insane aslum

vs.

My daddy owned the team and it's all I know.

:(
    Baltimore Football Championships
    Ravens 2000, 2012
    Stallions 95 CFL
    Stars 85 USFL
    Colts 58, 59, 70

I have a very wise friend that once told me to "Build a bridge and get over it."

We have our team now. Move on.

I agree with everyone, Irsay will never change

The Baltmore Colts were a big part of my early sports thoughts and dreams.

The Ravens are my sports passion now, but I just HAVE to rub Johnnys shoe before I enter M&T..........

Whether it is Baltimore Colts or Ravens, no one can ever take away our memories of the Five NFL championship we celebrated here in Baltimore. Four with the Baltimore Colts and one with the Baltimore RAVENS!!! We are very lucky fans to have had two such great NFL teams to cheer for. When you think of it Baltimore has only had an NFL team in the league for a total of 45 years and we have five NFL championships during that time. It took the Steelers from 1933 - 1974 to win their first and only have 6 in 77 years of being in the NFL. Not a bad NFL championship winning percentage, per years in the league if you ask me......

Ask any Indy Colt fan what it was like when the Colts won an NFl championship in 1968, 59, 68, and 1970??? What can they say?? Baltimore Colt fans own those Championship memories......

GO RAVENS!!!!!

10. Re: Superbowl Ring - Olive Branch

I don't care about the ring. I want the records and HOF display separated. At that point I will be fine. And not until.

Manning should be setting Indy Colt records not breaking Johnny U records.

Blog Entries

I'm with T and they're not like any other team that left. People in Brooklyn still hurt
    over the Dodgers.

It was nice of Jimmy to do this but he could have corrected a big wrong by giving
    our name, colors and history back like Art did with Cleve but Jimmy refused to do it.
    Up til then I didn't have a problem with him and I know old Colts like Joe Erhmann
    thought he was cool. It was the old man but he showed the same colors by making
    the asking price too rich for Art to buy. He should have given the name back.

Bud Adams changed the name of the Oilers when he moved them to Tenn and called
    them the Titans and went to the SB with them.

Here's the pics of the rings. The Colts SBV and Ravens SB35 rings are amongst the
    coolest but as much as I hate saying it, there is no denying how cool that damn last ring
    won by Squeelers is boss sporting those 6 diamonds.

AWESOME!

http://hubpages.com/hub/NFL-Super-Bowl-Rings
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-20-2011 at 08:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drdelaware View Post
    Read the article on #19 in the Baltimore Sun today and you will see why the franchise in Indianapolis is a fraud. Their fans suck - go get your own history. What, you all couldn't come up with your own name that reflects your city and state?

Midwestern losers.
    :word