Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Are People Having an Honest MVP Debate?

Russ isn't really making a good statement on national TV tonight so far. He needed a big game tonight to keep up with what Lamar has been doing in recent weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbionHero View Post
    Russ isn't really making a good statement on national TV tonight so far. He needed a big game tonight to keep up with what Lamar has been doing in recent weeks.
    Wilson threw 5 TDs last week including the game winner in OT. I don't understand the idea that he had ground to make up. He's having a monster year with plenty of big moments.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I think all this MVP stuff should wait until the season is over. It's like judging a baking competition while the pies are still in the oven.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Agreed. I think Wilson had a more impressive start to the season (our Miami game not withstanding) and Lamar looks stronger now, but still so much football left. I'd be happy if either of them won it. But honestly screw MVP, I'd rather Lamar win us a damn SB

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Wilson threw 5 TDs last week including the game winner in OT. I don't understand the idea that he had ground to make up. He's having a monster year with plenty of big moments.
    This. He's my fantasy QB so I pay attention to him. He's the reason I've been in first all season

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This whole debate just makes me happy. We've got a QB who's competing with Russell Wilson for the MVP. Even in August, I didn't think that would be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDomination View Post
    I like Russell Wilson, and I don't know how he'll play against the 49ers. That's about to come on as I write this. I know 22 TDs and 1 INT is an incredible stat, but how does he have the MVP solidly when that's all anyone can actually point to to elevate him? Lamar is on pace to break Vick's single season rushing record and become the first QB to throw for 3,000 yards and rush for 1,000 yards in NFL history. He's had TWO perfect games and is single-handedly carrying this team on his back.

Russ JUST has a historic TD-INT ratio.

Wilson is always going to get better press. He's prettier, more photogenic, more articulate, and "whiter". Sort of a Drew Brees with a heavy suntan. Nice guy - but Lamar is better - a force of nature. Dismiss him at your own peril.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    Wilson is always going to get better press. He's prettier, more photogenic, more articulate, and "whiter". Sort of a Drew Brees with a heavy suntan. Nice guy - but Lamar is better - a force of nature. Dismiss him at your own peril.
    No-one is prettier than Lamar. How dare you!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quoth the Raven View Post
    No-one is prettier than Lamar. How dare you!
    I want this framed on my wall. lol

9. Re: Are People Having an Honest MVP Debate?

As much as I like Lamar, taking off the purple shades and offering my unbiased take, Ciara's husband is the leading MVP candidate right now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ciara fantasizes about Lamar when she's with Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    Wilson is always going to get better press. ... Nice guy - but Lamar is better - a force of nature.
    They were basically the same player thru three years of college. Then Wilson went to Wisconsin for his senior year, and Lamar went pro.

I think Lamar may wind up having the better career. That's possible. But the eight-year vet with the SB ring and the 8-5 postseason record might have a small edge right now.

Blog Entries

There seems to be enough support for both of them in the media that I can see a co-MVP as has happened in the past. There's still 7 games to go though. It would be nice to have the MVP of the league on our team but like Lamar, all I care about is the SB.

Kind of want Wilson to win so that LJ's chances of being on the Madden cover are lessened but I think we are probably well past the point of no return on that one already.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52