Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Sarah Ellison annihilates Ravens organization on wide receiver/passing game failures in recent years

Lamars momma or Lamars boyfriend?
    Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    You CLEARLY FAILED MATH CLASS and your vision must not be 20/20 either because you have not a fu**ing clue as to what you are talking about.

The equation should be (1 FB+ 2 TE = O FU**ING WRS) on the field and answer is: GREG ROMAN.

Lamar has nothing to do with why there are not WRS on the fucking field

Re: Sarah Ellison annihilates Ravens organization on wide receiver/passing game failures in recent years

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    All he does is troll for arguments...... best week I ever spent was getting banned for speaking my mind about him.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    ^ This................................Love reading the piss, moan, bitch, whine, rinse, repeat posts. Entertaining once you realize the motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by John Morris View Post
    ^ This................................Love reading the piss, moan, bitch, whine, rinse, repeat posts. Entertaining once you realize the motivation.
    True dat...... even better I have him on ignore, so I only see it when the retaliation punch comes in.... I wish he would go on the Pittsburgh board.....so entertaining ng.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Gladys Kravitz View Post
    Dang sounds like someone crapped in lots of folks' Cheerios this morning 7716. I get your point.
    He acts like he came up with the idea that the Ravens are cheap and don't sign (or don't know how to draft) WR talent. Guy acts like Sarah Ellison is the female version of Peter King. "Oh... she went on her WORLD FAMOUS podcast and agreed with MY assessment!!"

PSA

Stop quoting 7716

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    So here is a thought to ponder:
    Totally different direction.

Let’s say we get Lamar done early and do not sign Roquan.

We could likely get a future first attached to Michal Thomas in exchange for a mid round pick.

He’s over $16m and hasn’t played in a few years, but is solidly in the negative asset category and one of the few ways that the Saints have to field a teams is to bribe some team to trade for him.

So let’s say:
    Ravens send 2023 3rd
    Saints send a Michael Thomas and a 2024 1st.
    Do you take a shot at him returning to form, in which case we would hold a second year option around $18m.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not sure how we could get a 1st AND Michael Thomas for a 3rd, but I would do that trade without Michael Thomas, lol. Just gimme the 1st next year for this year’s third.

Not too keen on MT. I think Thomas is done, he keeps getting all these recurring lingering injuries and right now he’s on IR with a toe thing and feet injuries in older WRs are often a death knell. He’s missed more than half of 2020, all of 2021, and now more than half of 2022.

From the potential free agent WRs in 2023 I would be more interested in Mack Hollins as a potential playmaker, or an older vet like Marvin Jones. Maybe a DJ Chark or Parris Campbell, or just see who shakes loose after the draft (and draft people too).

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by NCRavensFan View Post
    And ‘We will never master the screen pass” plus “Effective clock management will always elude this franchise”
    The Ravens were a good screening team with Flacco, particularly with Rice in the backfield.

I can't understand a line good enough to do all of the pulling not being able to screen effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    The Ravens were a good screening team with Flacco, particularly with Rice in the backfield.

I can't understand a line good enough to do all of the pulling not being able to screen effectively.
    It's Bleacher Report, but this article has come good points about Roman from his 49ers days and when it comes to screen passes.

San Francisco 49ers: 5 Reasons Greg Roman Should Be on the Hot Seat
    For some reason, there is also a complete disdain for the screen pass. When an offensive line is having trouble with a defensive front, the screen is a way to keep that pass rush at bay.

The 49ers rarely employ the flare pass to the backs or a checkdown, which can get positive yardage when the alternative is trying to force the ball into coverage.

So here is a thought to ponder:
    Totally different direction.

Let’s say we get Lamar done early and do not sign Roquan.

We could likely get a future first attached to Michal Thomas in exchange for a mid round pick.

He’s over $16m and hasn’t played in a few years, but is solidly in the negative asset category and one of the few ways that the Saints have to field a teams is to bribe some team to trade for him.

So let’s say:
    Ravens send 2023 3rd
    Saints send a Michael Thomas and a 2024 1st.
    Do you take a shot at him returning to form, in which case we would hold a second year option around $18m.

Ok I totally misunderstood this in my first response to it earlier. I get the negative asset “bribe” part now.

I think it would be a smart gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    I’m not sure how we could get a 1st AND Michael Thomas for a 3rd, but I would do that trade without Michael Thomas, lol. Just gimme the 1st next year for this year’s third.

Not too keen on MT. I think Thomas is done, he keeps getting all these recurring lingering injuries and right now he’s on IR with a toe thing and feet injuries in older WRs are often a death knell. He’s missed more than half of 2020, all of 2021, and now more than half of 2022.

From the potential free agent WRs in 2023 I would be more interested in Mack Hollins as a potential playmaker, or an older vet like Marvin Jones. Maybe a DJ Chark or Parris Campbell, or just see who shakes loose after the draft (and draft people too).

I think you missed much of my point.
    Michael Thomas is worth less than nothing.
    Also, New Orleans has basically no other option but to trade Michael Thomas if they would like to field a 53 man team. Cutting him provides little relief because his salary next year is guaranteed.

Guaranteed contracts and especially these stupid restructure with void year machinations is making the NFL more similar to the NBA. In the NBA, it is regular, that a contending team will have an underperforming player taking up too large a portion of their salary cap; and so they will attach a pick to the player to get rid of them.

A good example would be when the Sixers traded a Al Horford and a first round pick for a second round pick from Oklahoma City.

I believe, that the NFCS and the Arams will have little other chance but to do the same in the coming handful of years. As soon as it begins happening and other teams see the position the trading teams are, they will have some serious upper hand in negotiating leverage.

I am suggesting taking advantage of that in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    Ok I totally misunderstood this in my first response to it earlier. I get the negative asset “bribe” part now.

I think it would be a smart gamble.

And I answered before I got to your next post, my bad, lol

And I answered before I got to your next post, my bad, lol

All good man. It was a smart take. Too smart for me. ;)