Page 5 of 153 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The Official Joe Flacco Thread.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...n-is-no-fluke/

Lest we leave dear old ESPN out of this discussion, they are back to taking cheap shots at Flacco while washing Ryan's balloons. Is this 2009?

If this kind of talk does not get Flacco and the Ravens fired up during this off-season, then nothing will. Flacco's (together with Harbaugh's and maybe even Newsome's) window is closing, it's 2017 or bust.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I wouldn't disagree or agree based off of the cards in their careers they were both dealt.
    You can't say Ryan would be significantly better here with what Flacco has had to deal with but I think you can say Flacco would be better then he has been here if he had what Ryan has and has had to work with.

If Flacco was playing for Atlanta this year I can't say that he would have them in the Superbowl. Nobody can say that.
    If Ryan was playing here the past several years I highly doubt the Ravens records would be much different.

There are so many variables to this it's literally impossible to say what would have happened but there is no disputing that Ryan has had a FAR better situation in Atlanta to work with as far as talent and coaching to support him.
    It ain't even close in comparison!
    It just seems like Ryan has been more of a student of the game than Joe has been while Joe has more arm talent. I don't want Joe to completely become a Jay Cutler type who just gets by with his natural talent, I want him to be more sharper in the mental part of his game on top of being sharper in his fundamentals.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    It just seems like Ryan has been more of a student of the game than Joe has been while Joe has more arm talent. I don't want Joe to completely become a Jay Cutler type who just gets by with his natural talent, I want him to be more sharper in the mental part of his game on top of being sharper in his fundamentals.
    Where are you coming up with this from? Ryan has had FAR AND AWAY BETTER TALENT. Flacco has never had a Roddy white let alone a White and Jones. Why is Ryan only 500 in the playoffs for his career? Where was the student of the game last year or the year before. He's running the same offense Joe ran in 14 with MUCH MUCH better players and he's in year two.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Where are you coming up with this from? Ryan has had FAR AND AWAY BETTER TALENT. Flacco has never had a Roddy white let alone a White and Jones. Why is Ryan only 500 in the playoffs for his career? Where was the student of the game last year or the year before. He's running the same offense Joe ran in 14 with MUCH MUCH better players and he's in year two.
    In fact, Ryan is 3-4 in the playoffs, with all three wins at the Georgia Dome.

Personally, I think Ryan is more talented than Flacco. I believe most objective fans or 'experts' outside of some Ravens' fans would agree. Prior to the draft, almost all of us wanted Ryan.

Supporting cast or not, Ryan makes quicker decisions, navigates the pocket better and throws with more accuracy than Joe does. Joe has the bigger arm. I know fans complain about Joe not having the weapons that Matt has, but honestly, I don't think Joe makes decisions quick enough to ever have a consistent high powered offense, regardless of his weapons. So outside of Joe not having the weapons Matt has had and Joe's past playoff success, I don't see any other reasons to say Joe is better.

With that being said, I'm not sure how well Ryan would've done here, winning outdoors in Pitt, NE, Cin & Den in the cold. But I can't definitely say Matt couldn't succeed then just like I can't definitively say Joe would be an MVP candidate with Matt's resources.
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

Need to get the running game back, he is a QB that needs it. That's not a knock, very few can win without it.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    The defence held the Colts and Patriots to 9 and 13 points respectively in that playoff run. Also essentially shut down the 49ers until the oddity happened and the lights went out. Only stinker was against the Broncos, perhaps one of the best regular season offences ever. Even then they forced a couple crucial turnovers.
    That defense played pretty well in the super bowl. But people forgot Ngata tore up his knee and then we had no one in the middle of the defense. They ran up our ass all day after that.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    The defence held the Colts and Patriots to 9 and 13 points respectively in that playoff run. Also essentially shut down the 49ers until the oddity happened and the lights went out. Only stinker was against the Broncos, perhaps one of the best regular season offences ever. Even then they forced a couple crucial turnovers.
    Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    That defense played pretty well in the super bowl. But people forgot Ngata tore up his knee and then we had no one in the middle of the defense. They ran up our ass all day after that.
    It wasn't really a stinker against the Broncos, at least not from the defense. They gave up 21 in an away game against Peyton Manning, which I'd call a pretty good performance. It was the special teams that gave up the other 14...

Blog Entries

If Joe Flacco were to fail with Dalton's surround offensive support system, or Ryan's, or Rodgers' (Although Rodgers is on another planet), then I'll call a spade a spade. Until then, the fight will go on.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If Joe Flacco were to fail with Dalton's surround offensive support system, or Ryan's, or Rodgers' (Although Rodgers is on another planet), then I'll call a spade a spade. Until then, the fight will go on.
    The Sword is Powerful

Blog Entries

Who the hell leads their offense to ZERO POINTS IN A PLAYOFF GAME? Who does that? Where was the student of the game then? Yeah, Student of a great ass whoopin.

Julio Jones has a catch radius larger than Bc's Sister-in-Law and they STILL couldn't score a point.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Julio Jones has a catch radius larger than Bc's Sister-in-Law and they STILL couldn't score a point.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller