Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: 2016 Draft Thread. Is it too early? Never.

I've watch very little tape, so the comments come from highlights.
    Quick notes on a few cats whom will surely get mentioned as WRs or KR/PRs.

Byron Marshall - Oregon: Small, good speed, some patience, not consistently quick/agile on tape
    Marquez North - Tenn: Injured in August. Slow start. Outstanding contested catcher. Gamecock fans might say 'elite'. Production has been very slight.
    Rashard Higgins - CO State: Skinny, good hands, not aggressive, doesn't consistently leverage his radius
    Corey Coleman - Baylor: Smallish. Elite athletics: 4.38 / 45" v / 135" b / 6.62 cone. Routes? Not a natural hands catcher. KR/PR all day.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Treadwell looks like he has some Dez characteristics...mainly he's not a burner at all, but if you want someone that is going to fight for and make some tough contested catches, he's pretty good. Still concerned about his knee.

What about someone like Pharoah Cooper? He looks like he can kinda be one of those versatile guys who you can put all over the place.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Going to park some guys here.
    The player's market share (percent of team's total passing game production that the player racked up) is in parenthesis .

Tulsa JR Keevan Lucas
    5'10 198
    2014: 101 (38%) / 1219 (38%) / 11 (48%)
    2015 (3 gms): 19 / 342 / 5

La-Monroe SR Rashon Ceaser
    6'1 192
    2014: 77 (24%) / 872 (26%) / 3 (20%)
    2015 (2 gms): 23 / 250 / 2
    Noticed this guy flipping channel in 2014. Forgot about him. Finished with poor market share

Bowling Green SO Roger Lewis
    6' 199
    2014: 73 (23%) / 1093 (30%) / 7 (41%)
    2015 (3 gms): 24 / 510 / 5
    Off to a monster start. Worth watching

So Cal SO JuJu Smith-Schuster
    6'2 215
    2014: 54 (17%) / 724 (19%) / 5 (13%)
    2015 (3 gms): 22 / 434 / 4
    Off to an excellent start. Low 2014 market share though. Maybe should stay in school for 2016.

Notre Dame JR William Fuller
    6' 184
    2014: 76 (27%) / 1094 (32%) / 15 (50%)
    2015 (3 gms): 18 / 397 / 5
    Not sure how he does it. Looks just okay on field, but kills the market share
    Update: Smoothest acceleration I've seen in quite awhile. Attacks the ball. Good body control. Excellent vision

Others that's I'll post numbers on later...

Trent Taylor La Tech 3rd year (5'8 180 -- agile, tough, not a natural hands guy; thinking KR/PR)
    Jared Dangerfield Western KY 2nd year (6'3 215 -- production not quite there)
    Cayleb Jones Arizona 3rd year 6'3 210 (slow start)
    Teldrick Morgan NM State 2nd year 6'2 195 (local kid)
    Corey Davis Western Michigan 3rd year 6'3 205 (looks solid)
    I like Fuller a lot. Quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I like Fuller a lot. Quick.

Dude is so smooth that I had a hard time seeing how easily and quickly that he was accelerating. Almost no wasted movement at all.
    With that build though, I'd like to see some tape of him taking some good body shots and shaking them off.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Treadwell looks like he has some Dez characteristics...mainly he's not a burner at all, but if you want someone that is going to fight for and make some tough contested catches, he's pretty good. Still concerned about his knee.

What about someone like Pharoah Cooper? He looks like he can kinda be one of those versatile guys who you can put all over the place.
    I like how SC uses Cooper, but I can't find an area in which he excels. This is just off of highlights though.
    If I (from memory) compare him to Bruce Ellington, I like Ellington more (a mid 3rd rounder on my '14 board FWIW).

And yup, Treadwell has some Dez and Demaryius in him for sure, but the possibility of having another "no-show/slow-to-show" rookie WR is frightening.

@BigPlayReceiver

Just saw some film on Fuller. Nice.

Is he coming out?
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Just saw some film on Fuller. Nice.

Is he coming out?
    I think he's a junior. He's eligible.

Blog Entries

Will Fuller is a junior.

6' 185lbs. So, he'll probably measure in around 5'11" 185-190lbs. Looks like he's probably a mid-4.4 runner in the 40, but he's got nice leaping ability, body control, and quickness. He's very sudden.

If Perriman is what we all hope, I think if Fuller can be developed, he'd be a nice bookend to match with him.

Blog Entries

If Perriman is what we all hope, I think if Fuller can be developed, he'd be a nice bookend to match with him.
    Would be sweet. Fuller looks like he has similar skills to someone like Golden Tate or Emmanuel Sanders. Very quick. Very fluid.

Oh so Boyd is faster than I remembered.
    Appears to produce almost effortlessly...like a natural: Garcon, Julio, Beckham.

Certainly, via Engram, we'd have some inside info on him as a person.
    Monster market share numbers too.

'13: 85 (35%) / 1174 (38%) / 7 (33%)
    '14: 78 (41%) / 1261 (52%) / 8 (47%)

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Oh so Boyd is faster than I remembered.
    Appears to produce almost effortlessly...like a natural: Garcon, Julio, Beckham.

Certainly, via Engram, we'd have some inside info on him as a person.
    Monster market share numbers too.

'13: 85 (35%) / 1174 (38%) / 7 (33%)
    '14: 78 (41%) / 1261 (52%) / 8 (47%)
    Yeah, I just don't think he is a realistic target...even if we continue to disappoint this year, I think Boyd is close to a top 5 pick. Really...I don't think there is as much top end talent this year. Kinda reminds me a little of 2013 a bit.