Page 81 of 87 FirstFirst ... 7980818283 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The Official Dean Pees Thread of Darkness and Hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If your strength was your pass rush, then you should have done or died with your strength. That's been the Raven's problem. They had one of the best front sevens in the league in 2014, but didn't do or die with them against New England. Now, we're all here complaining about the pass rush. Yet, when they won, Pees neutered it in the biggest game of the year.
    They should have pressured the shit out of Brady and jammed all those crossers. I still don't get why defenses don't do that against Brady his arm is bad at this point make him beat you deep. Especially deep and to the sidelines. He can't do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Nope, they let him get into a rhythm with the shorter throws. So, by the time they started to press, he was already in rhythm. Not saying he probably still wouldn't have burned them for 25+, but your best chance was to lean on the front seven and force a couple more mistakes. Pees basically admitted defeat.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    ok Jazz if you say so I done broke down the whole stats a long time ago in the very first pees thread, I mirrored his defense with the pats and ravens and all the numbers are similar in every category. Pees coaches by each quarter, he doesn't coach the entire game, as the game progresses the defensive stats gets worse, the 4th down conversions are at 50% in the 4th qrtrs or more in damn near every game pats or ravens for that matter. Pees is who he is and Harbaugh fittna learn the hard way if this defense is less than civilized in 2017.
    What I'm saying is look at the talent by the time Dean Pees was The Patriots and Ravens defensive coordinator. In 2006 five starters of The Patriots defense were in their thirties from Junior Seau,Teddy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, Antrell Hawkins and Mike Vrabel. Age isn't everything but eventually these guys are going to need to be replaced by young talent . After the 2007 season The Patriots lost their best cornerback in Asante Samuel to The Eagles then later traded Ellis Hobb to The Eagles in 2009. I don't see any successor or cornerback The Patriots head coach drafted to replace Samuel and Hobbs . Brandon Meriweather and Jerod Mayo were able to step up after Juniro Seau and Rodney Harrison had left but look how their sack total fell from 2006 to 2009. They went from a total of 44 sacks in 2006 to 31 sacks in 2009. Bill Belichick traded one his best pass rusher Richard Seymour in 2009, Adalius Thomas was a free agent bust, and since their second rounders Terrance Whetley and Darius Butler weren't good right way or at all for The Patriots it left them having to sign veteran corners to fill the cornerback position.

I'm not at all disputing the stats you have provided in the past Jsmove but I just can't ignore how bad Bill Belichick was at drafting defensive talent for Dean Pees. Just like I can't ignore how Ozzie has been bad at getting Dean Pees defensive talent in the past. Things happen and the best general mangers in the league have a series of bad draft so I'm not at all discrediting Ozzie Newsome or Bill Belichick ability to draft players but it is what it is.For the most part it seems like Bill Belichick had to rely on old veteran or veteran free agents to work out during Dean Pees time as his defensive coordinator because not many of his draft picks were panning out. Some players on his team never took the next step forward like Ty Warren who was a first round pick by The Patriots and had a career best of 7 sacks in 2006 but never best those stats even after Richard Seymour was traded . He actually regressed sack wise after his 2006 season. Honestly if you ask me the 2012 and 2013 draft was probably Bill Belichick best draft defensively since Dean Pees departure.

Dean Pees is not perfect and no coordinator is. Even the greatest or best coordinators in The NFl will get criticize by fans but I don't think Dean Pees have been giving enough talent atleast until recently to be successful consistently. Even the talent now is questionable but this most depth The Ravens have at the cornerback position since 2011. That's not good in my opinion and pass rush wise it's always been Terrell Suggs or die. That's not good in my opinion either especially when all know Suggs isn't no spring chicken any more .
    Last edited by Jazz1988; 07-12-2017 at 07:10 PM.

ok Jazz if you say so I done broke down the whole stats a long time ago in the very first pees thread, I mirrored his defense with the pats and ravens and all the numbers are similar in every category. Pees coaches by each quarter, he doesn't coach the entire game, as the game progresses the defensive stats gets worse, the 4th down conversions are at 50% in the 4th qrtrs or more in damn near every game pats or ravens for that matter. Pees is who he is and Harbaugh fittna learn the hard way if this defense is less than civilized in 2017.

Pees has had the same issues since he was in NE. The players change but pees never does. He turtles in the 3 and 4th quarter.

Good qbs and coaches adjust, start taking short to mid range open passes, move up the field at will.

Pres would put deion in a soft cover 3 12 yards off the ball on a 4th and 4 on the 50 yard line just so he can say "didn't give up the big one. Players gotta make plays"

He's a coward. He should never coach grown men. Go back to high school with that defensive mindset

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    What I'm saying is look at the talent by the time Dean Pees was The Patriots and Ravens defensive coordinator. In 2006 five starters of The Patriots defense were in their thirties from Junior Seau,Teddy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, Antrell Hawkins and Mike Vrabel. Age isn't everything but eventually these guys are going to need to be replaced by young talent . After the 2007 season The Patriots lost their best cornerback in Asante Samuel to The Eagles then later traded Ellis Hobb to The Eagles in 2009. I don't see any successor or cornerback The Patriots head coach drafted to replace Samuel and Hobbs . Brandon Meriweather and Jerod Mayo were able to step up after Juniro Seau and Rodney Harrison had left but look how their sack total fell from 2006 to 2009. They went from a total of 44 sacks in 2006 to 31 sacks in 2009. Bill Belichick traded one his best pass rusher Richard Seymour in 2009, Adalius Thomas was a free agent bust, and since their second rounders Terrance Whetley and Darius Butler weren't good right way or at all for The Patriots it left them having to sign veteran corners to fill the cornerback position.

I'm not at all disputing the stats you have provided in the past Jsmove but I just can't ignore how bad Bill Belichick was at drafting defensive talent for Dean Pees. Just like I can't ignore how Ozzie has been bad at getting Dean Pees defensive talent in the past. Things happen and the best general mangers in the league have a series of bad draft so I'm not at all discrediting Ozzie Newsome or Bill Belichick ability to draft players but it is what it is.For the most part it seems like Bill Belichick had to rely on old veteran or veteran free agents to work out during Dean Pees time as his defensive coordinator because not many of his draft picks were panning out. Some players on his team never took the next step forward like Ty Warren who was a first round pick by The Patriots and had a career best of 7 sacks in 2006 but never best those stats even after Richard Seymour was traded . He actually regressed sack wise after his 2006 season. Honestly if you ask me the 2012 and 2013 draft was probably Bill Belichick best draft defensively since Dean Pees departure.

Dean Pees is not perfect and no coordinator is. Even the greatest or best coordinators in The NFl will get criticize by fans but I don't think Dean Pees have been giving enough talent atleast until recently to be successful consistently. Even the talent now is questionable but this most depth The Ravens have at the cornerback position since 2011. That's not good in my opinion and pass rush wise it's always been Terrell Suggs or die. That's not good in my opinion either especially when all know Suggs isn't no spring chicken any more .
    That motherfucker got more than enough talent now he got a whole defensive draft plus some top notch FA acquisition. So the excuses this year is NIL

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    If the defense is as dominant as it should then they should be forcing lots and lots of 3 and outs. With as much invested into the defense they should be table setters for the offense. There should be abundant short fields. If the offense is struggling early the D should continually be giving the offense the ball back. I don't see any of that happening, it's pretty much impossible with a bend but don't break defense. Just think what Wade Phillips could do with this unit it's just sad

I think the bend don't break stems out of a lack of confidence on that back end. With the secondary now being arguably the best aspect of the team, he may start to take some chances.

With that said, I'm a firm believer in previous behavior being the best predictor of future actions. I'm just hoping the influx of defensive talent and speed will give pees a portion of the balls Rex had as a defensive coordinator here. We need to get back to the days organized chaos. Then led the offense feed off that energy.

That motherfucker got more than enough talent now he got a whole defensive draft plus some top notch FA acquisition. So the excuses this year is NIL

The excuses will continue. Pees is a chameleon. He's pretty damn good for 3 quarters, and the stats back that up. But when the game really matters he changes his colors and becomes a weak little man. His nuts shrink and he goes to the fetal position. You cannot beat the big boys playing scared.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    The excuses will continue. Pees is a chameleon. He's pretty damn good for 3 quarters, and the stats back that up. But when the game really matters he changes his colors and becomes a weak little man. His nuts shrink and he goes to the fetal position. You cannot beat the big boys playing scared.
    Just like last year, the year before and the year before.....we're only a few weeks away from the real season of Peesers claiming the soft vanilla D is for preseason so the Pees doesn't reveal his schemes.

Then the excuse season starts early September; rookies, injuries, depth, refs, clock, sod, grass, sun, heat, communication, technique, and my fav a power outage. ...pick one, again

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    You ain't lying

I have gone from hating Pees to actually now feeling comfortable with him. As time has passed and I've looked back at the roster, I realize it hasn't been as talented as we may have thought. In particular, I think the fault was that we always had a critical weakness at corner. You can have a critical weakness on offense and scheme around it, but not on defense. Especially not at corner.

I go back and look at last season and what do I see? I see a defense that was monstrous when Jimmy Smith was healthy. I see a defense that, with a big hole at corner, gets fucked up (see: divisional loss to the Patriots in 2014, Dez Bryant destroying Tavon Young, Christmas 2016 loss to Steelers). I see this pattern continue throughout the Pees era. Relying on scrubs like Asa Jackson, Chykie Brown, Rashaan Melvin, Kyle Arrington, and Shareece Wright when Jimmy or Webb went down. Webb being half the corner he used to be because of two blown ACLs.

When we were successful, we had a stable of capable (not necessarily great) corners - healthy Smith/Webb, Corey Graham, and Cary Williams. We also had rotational pass rushers in Pernell McPhee and Paul Kruger. But in the post Super Bowl years, Suggs was often out, and Dumervil ended up fading and no one replaced the lost talent.

BUT! This is the first year in a long time we actually have depth at corner. This is the first year in a long time we have depth at pass rush. I think this bodes well for us. I think that there's a reason Tony Jefferson watched tape of this scheme and liked what he saw.

So, this is the year that makes or breaks my decision on Pees. If Suggs goes down, we have the depth to fill it. If Jimmy goes down, we have the depth to fill it. If BWill goes down, we have the depth to fill it. There's not more glaring weakness and I expect this to be a top 5 unit (along with Seattle, New England, Denver, and possibly the Rams (because Wade Phillips is a boss)).

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    They should have pressured the shit out of Brady and jammed all those crossers. I still don't get why defenses don't do that against Brady his arm is bad at this point make him beat you deep. Especially deep and to the sidelines. He can't do it

His arm looks okay here: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...to-Chris-Hogan
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

The Official Dean Pees Thread of Darkness and Hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    It's 30 yards straight down the field any high school qb makes that hell Tebow makes that throw. Peyton makes that throw today