Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

You are the GM. You got 18 months !

This once proud franchise is now devoid of billy bad asses and playmakers. You fancy Jupiter Island and Steve Biscotti. What would you do to make the Ravens great again! Remember the clock is ticking!

Re: You are the GM. You got 18 months !

Sign Kubiak and Pagano and give them the clout to do their jobs.
    Harbs can stay ("continuity") ONLY as CEO/PR mouthpiece. Otherwise sign an aggressive young guy who knows Xs and Os.

Draft
    1-3 (RB, OL, WR; use comp 3rd to trade UP for talent);
    4 S;
    5 ILB;
    6 & 7 :WRs who proved in college they can catch

Pray
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Sign Kubiak and Pagano and give them the clout to do their jobs.
    Harbs can stay ("continuity") ONLY as CEO/PR mouthpiece. Otherwise sign an aggressive young guy who knows Xs and Os.

Draft
    1-3 (RB, OL, WR; use comp 3rd to trade UP for talent);
    4 S;
    5 ILB;
    6 & 7 :WRs who proved in college they can catch

Pray
    Will go on record and say all Flacco needs is a true number one receiver?

Blog Entries

In 18 months I could have two babies! Alas, I am not a woman. I guess, according to filth, it's harder to straighten out the Ravens. Well, don't tell that to my wife... Bc

Hire a qualified, vet HC + Kubiak as OC, and:

Try, again, to pick up a decent WR to complement Wallace and Maclin, and:

• Promise to be quicker on the draw when another Eric Decker or Adrian Peterson become available.
    • State 1,000 Hail Marys when committing to never, ever make such a stupid fucked up move again such as dumping the Ravens best all-time WR for a measly $2 million in favor of tossing money at a bust such as Dannell Ellerbe.
    • State another 1,000 Hail Marys at draft time, when committing to never, ever waste a first round draft pick on yet another bust WR.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    This once proud franchise is now devoid of billy bad asses and playmakers. You fancy Jupiter Island and Steve Biscotti. What would you do to make the Ravens great again! Remember the clock is ticking!
    According to you all we have to do is play Perriman and the offense will be great

I don’t mind the Kubiak/Pagano idea and keeping Harbs. But I probably clean house and go after Josh McDaniels. He’s ready for another HC gig after rebuilding his credibility in NE these last few years. I would push him to hire a creative DC to control that side of the ball.

Regarding personnel, I don’t know if there is any getting out of Flacco’s contract. However, first thing I’m doing is planning for a future without him. I probably don’t have cap space to go after any big name FAs, which is ok because this team isn’t a quick fix away anyway. I might try to sign a couple cheap vets, maybe at ILB. OL-wise, we have a lot of decent guys coming back from injury, and the DL has a lot of young guys as well. I’m probably trying to sign Alex Collins to something like a 3yr/$9m contract. Wallace I let walk. I may try to bring in a couple inexpensive WRs that have experience.

Draft-wise, I’m looking WR, DE or RT in round one, unless a good QB prospect is there. I’d also consider a safety, but really need WR badly. I might sniff around Jax to see if they’d trade Allen Robinson, though I’d have to know I can re-sign him. I’m almost certainly drafting a QB in the top 3 rounds to begin planning life after Flacco. I’m good with much of the depth we have with guys coming off injury, so I’m thinking best available. But I need to come out of the draft with a playmaking WR (or acquire one via trade), a solid tackle, and a solid QB prospect.

And the very first thing I would do is a study on the healthiest teams the last 3 years in the league, figure out the top few, and copy their training programs and practice schedules.

I'd rehire Pees to a ten year extension. Seek out Hue Jackson and try to entice Johnny Manziel or RG3 to lead us. I'd also try to bring up Sergio Kindle for the D. Lock down Perriman. And.....im getting Clarence Morre out of somewhere for our deep theat. Then, I'll spend a little on DL.
    Last edited by alienstar; 11-14-2017 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alienstar View Post
    I'd rehire Pees to a ten year extension. Seek out Hue Jackson and try to entice Johnny Manziel or RG3 to lead us. I'd also try to bring up Sergio Kindle for the D. Lock down Perriman.
    We should also bring back Cam Cam.

Quote Originally Posted by mcBradley View Post
    I don’t mind the Kubiak/Pagano idea and keeping Harbs. But I probably clean house and go after Josh McDaniels. He’s ready for another HC gig after rebuilding his credibility in NE these last few years. I would push him to hire a creative DC to control that side of the ball.

Regarding personnel, I don’t know if there is any getting out of Flacco’s contract. However, first thing I’m doing is planning for a future without him. I probably don’t have cap space to go after any big name FAs, which is ok because this team isn’t a quick fix away anyway. I might try to sign a couple cheap vets, maybe at ILB. OL-wise, we have a lot of decent guys coming back from injury, and the DL has a lot of young guys as well. I’m probably trying to sign Alex Collins to something like a 3yr/$9m contract. Wallace I let walk. I may try to bring in a couple inexpensive WRs that have experience.

Draft-wise, I’m looking WR, DE or RT in round one, unless a good QB prospect is there. I’d also consider a safety, but really need WR badly. I might sniff around Jax to see if they’d trade Allen Robinson, though I’d have to know I can re-sign him. I’m almost certainly drafting a QB in the top 3 rounds to begin planning life after Flacco. I’m good with much of the depth we have with guys coming off injury, so I’m thinking best available. But I need to come out of the draft with a playmaking WR (or acquire one via trade), a solid tackle, and a solid QB prospect.

And the very first thing I would do is a study on the healthiest teams the last 3 years in the league, figure out the top few, and copy their training programs and practice schedules.
    And I would most certainly kick the tires on Kaepernick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mcBradley View Post
    And I would most certainly kick the tires on Kaepernick.

... Bc

Yep, yep,...have to kick tires on kap